What do you call them?

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Army troops are soldiers, Navy is sailors....what do you call Air Force troops? Airmen? Wait, that's sexist...Airpeople?

I ask because I'm having a group of kids send letters to troops overseas. Kids generally want to use the term "soldiers," and I've been trying to stick to the more neutral term "troops," but now that I know we are talking about an Air Force unit so I want to make sure we are using the right term.

ftcret

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen - If they have time to worry about gender then they must not have enough to do.

FED_UP

Army troops are soldiers, Navy is sailors....what do you call Air Force troops? Airmen? Wait, that's sexist...Airpeople?

I ask because I'm having a group of kids send letters to troops overseas. Kids generally want to use the term "soldiers," and I've been trying to stick to the more neutral term "troops," but now that I know we are talking about an Air Force unit so I want to make sure we are using the right term.

Start out with "Dear Ladies" , now if it were Navy or Marine you would start with "Dear Men".

"SIR!"

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Mr. Bus Driver? I mean, light blue shirt, (short sleeves no less!) and a dark blue blue tie and the fast food cover, what else would you call them? :killingme

TurboK9

Zoomies! Fun, yet not really disrespectful. Like Army are 'grunts' and Marines are 'leathernecks' or 'jarheads'. Terms of endearment really. :yay:

Coastguard- Shallow water squid. :yay:

I loves me some servicefolk! Ya'all rock. :yay:

Last edited: