PG County Traffic Courts

Wrkn4livn

I was driving north on Livingston Road and got pulled over for 60 in a 30. Can't drive 60 on Livingston road without loosing control of your car! Cop was not even sitting in his car but waived me over while he was in the process of writing another person a ticket yet testified that he clocked me on radar (lie). I watch a poor sucker try to fight the same cop, with just about the SAME story as mine. Glad i pleaded guilty (my lawyers advise). The poor sucker was found guilty, the judge believed the cop, not the civilian. The judge found EVERYONE guilty that tried to plead their case. Everyone! Thank god I didn't try to fight or I'd have gotten fried! I received PBJ and had to pay 190.00. No points. Then I HAD TO THANK THE COURT! She called me out for not thanking her and made me say it out loud before I left her court. I felt like I was real close to getting put in jail because I wasn't showing her enough reverence. The cop was lying and the judge was f'ing bat s crazy.

Ok vented enough. Bottom line, I was speeding. I was going 35, maybe 40 in a 30. The fine was excessive. She hit me for a higher fee because the cop lied and said I was going 60 (top down, sliverstone Honda S2000). I think he was envious.

PS. Don't speed in PG county....not even a little.

TigerTeacher

Yeah, well...

Does sound from your story what happened may have not been fair in the "bigger" sense.... but....

PLEASE. ANYONE. PLEASE

Drive the speed limit. It's getting a bit out of control. I'm totally not against raising the limit on a clear road, a clear day, but...

I got hit by a tractor trailer not "paying attention" and "driving too fast."

Can't we all figure out a way to go a good speed without losing it? Really, is it that bad, or are you going to be that far behind, getting closer to the limit than not?

Like I said, I'm not against racheting it up a bit when things look good. But if other folks are around, play it sound. :smoochy:

Mdbtyhtr

The Judges all say at the beginning of court that if you plead guilty with an excuse, not guilty or in other words tie up the docket, you will get burned and have to wait to the end of the docket. Best thing is to keep your mouth shut, plead guilty and ask for no points on your license. The higher fine is buying the points off, which will cost you plenty in insurance.

You might have been caught on Radar by another officer who radioed him to stop you too...

Lastly, it is just polite and good manners to say thank you when you get screwed!

Scott

Wrkn4livn

The Judges all say at the beginning of court that if you plead guilty with an excuse, not guilty or in other words tie up the docket, you will get burned and have to wait to the end of the docket. Best thing is to keep your mouth shut, plead guilty and ask for no points on your license. The higher fine is buying the points off, which will cost you plenty in insurance.

You might have been caught on Radar by another officer who radioed him to stop you too...

Lastly, it is just polite and good manners to say thank you when you get screwed!

Scott

Lol. I like that. I blame my parents for not teaching me that one...

Wrkn4livn

Does sound from your story what happened may have not been fair in the "bigger" sense.... but....

PLEASE. ANYONE. PLEASE

Drive the speed limit. It's getting a bit out of control. I'm totally not against raising the limit on a clear road, a clear day, but...

I got hit by a tractor trailer not "paying attention" and "driving too fast."

Can't we all figure out a way to go a good speed without losing it? Really, is it that bad, or are you going to be that far behind, getting closer to the limit than not?

Like I said, I'm not against racheting it up a bit when things look good. But if other folks are around, play it sound. :smoochy:

I agree Be safe!

protectmd

Some interesting facts about prince georges county... lol...

Prince Georges County also has the highest amount of traffic fatalities in the state of Maryland as well. . .

Prince Georges County has the lowest number of DWI/DUI arrests (too busy responding to shootings/robberies).

Prince Georges County also has the highest number of alcohol related accidents in the state.

Its also to my understanding that the PGPD and MPDC cannot chase you anymore either.... *they aren't allowed to chase criminals, so they go after the regular citizen?*

:jerry:

"Prince Georges County is perceived as a lawless society" - Sheriff Elect Melvin High