People !!!!!!

mus

Or, if you're some ass clown that drives the same no matter what the weather, stay home too.

FED_UP

if You Are Afraid To Drive In The Rain... Stay Home !!!!!!

A Lot of Drivers Don’t Know How to Drive in the Rain
In bad weather conditions, there are two types of drivers who can significantly increase the risk to others: excessively timid drivers and reckless drivers.

Excessively timid drivers tend to overestimate the danger of weather conditions and drive at unreasonably low speeds.

Reckless drivers often ignore the consequences of bad weather and may even think it is a good thing that the weather has forced a lot of other drivers off of the road. Reckless drivers may well drive at full highway speed or greater, even when visibility is low or the roads are drenched. Even with four wheel drive (4WD), cars can still skid. When they lose control on a slippery road, their high speed makes it much more likely for a car accident to occur.

I think I am between excessive and reckless, I think OP might be in the reckless category?

thurley42

HY;FR
A Lot of Drivers Don’t Know How to Drive in the Rain
In bad weather conditions, there are two types of drivers who can significantly increase the risk to others: excessively timid drivers and reckless drivers.

Excessively timid drivers tend to overestimate the danger of weather conditions and drive at unreasonably low speeds.

Reckless drivers often ignore the consequences of bad weather and may even think it is a good thing that the weather has forced a lot of other drivers off of the road. Reckless drivers may well drive at full highway speed or greater, even when visibility is low or the roads are drenched. Even with four wheel drive (4WD), cars can still skid. When they lose control on a slippery road, their high speed makes it much more likely for a car accident to occur.

I think I am between excessive and reckless, I think OP might be in the reckless category?

I think you might be assuming a little there....I got stuck behind someone going 35 in a 50 with no one around for a good minute...and that's what I was thinking the entire time...

awpitt

Main Streeter
if You Are Afraid To Drive In The Rain... Stay Home !!!!!!

Thank you! I know what you mean. Yes, caution is needed on days like today but some of the driving behavior I saw this morning was ridiculous. There is no need to slow down to 10-15mph because of today's weather. There is no need to sit on the side of the road with hazards on. Both practices only contribute to the problems associated with this kind of weather.

Caution is advised but like the OP said, if you're afraid, stay home.

FED_UP

I think you might be assuming a little there....I got stuck behind someone going 35 in a 50 with no one around for a good minute...and that's what I was thinking the entire time...

Excessive timid rain driver got you blood boiling, go get a morning shot or google Ines Sainz in those jeans for a smile, one or the other will brighten your day up. But so much for brightness for most of the day.

FED_UP

Thank you! I know what you mean. Yes, caution is needed on days like today but some of the driving behavior I saw this morning was ridiculous. There is no need to slow down to 10-15mph because of today's weather. There is no need to sit on the side of the road with hazards on. Both practices only contribute to the problems associated with this kind of weather.

What if one has a couple of tires that need to be changes is the reason why he was going so slow, giv'em a break, he will change them after it rains.

I remember right in the drivers hand book you double the normal distance of cars in front of you in the rain, but no one does that, accident waiting to happen. Guaranteed to be an accident not far from the base today.

thurley42

HY;FR
Excessive timid rain driver got you blood boiling, go get a morning shot or google Ines Sainz in those jeans for a smile, one or the other will brighten your day up. But so much for brightness for most of the day.

No man, my blood wasn't boiling..I was laughing....I mean if a little rain is more than you can handle, how do you actually deal with real adversity....:buddies:

thurley42

HY;FR
What if one has a couple of tires that need to be changes is the reason why he was going so slow, giv'em a break, he will change them after it rains.

I remember right in the drivers hand book you double the normal distance of cars in front of you in the rain, but no one does that, accident waiting to happen. Guaranteed to be an accident not far from the base today.

How is this different from every other day? lol

awpitt

Main Streeter

Giv'em a break? I don't think so. They need to replace the tire(s) before it rains. If the car isn't inspection passable, it shouldn't be on the road. I just bought new tires because my old ones were reaching the limit.

Yep. Did that this morning.

C

CalvertNewbie

I'd rather them get off the road and outta my way. So I'd be happy if everyone sat on the side of the road with their hazzards on. :yahoo:

It would be nice if everyone who is terrified of driving in the rain would stay home but let's face it.....how many bosses are going to accept calling out because it's raining? I, for one, am glad people are slowing down today. People around here can barely drive on a beautiful day without causing accidents.

dave1959

Or, if you're some ass clown that drives the same no matter what the weather, stay home too.

No I'm not, I know how to drive in the rain...
The one's I'm talking about are the people that go 40 mph in the left lane, white knucles on the wheel with the 4-way flashers going...
They should stay home..

Mama_Mia08

My tires are fine and my car slides if the roads are really wet. I am not afraid to drive in rain but I get nervous when some a** is riding my bumper when I have to slow down a little bit especially around corners. I don't drive 15MPH in the left lane but I drive a little below the limit. I also pull over sometimes if it is raining so hard that I can't see out my front window. It is unbelievable how many people will continue to drive blindly when it is raining so hard there is no visibility.