Accident SB Rt 2/4- Closed

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
Anymore information on this?

I originally saw a post about this on TBN as a breaking news flashing at the top- but i's no longer there. :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Still there but just as a link under 'Latest News':

Traffic Alert: SB Route 4 in Sunderland
SUNDERLAND - 10/8/2010

Authorities in Calvert County are on the scene of a serious accident in Sunderland along southbound Route 4 at the Route 2/4 split.

The accident happened shortly before 11:30 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 8. Southbound Route 4 will be shut down while authorities investigate. One northbound lane remains open.

Traffic Alert: SB Route 4 in Sunderland - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever

PsyOps

Pixelated
I ran into this at around 1:15. It looked like 2 cars involved one rear-ending the other. Damage on both cars were really extensive. Cops were taking road measurements and doing an investigation. The entire north bound side was closed and diverted up rt 2. Southbound was open; perhaps one lane. The one car that was rear-ended looked like the damage was all the way through the back seat. So my guess is that person was sitting at the red light facing north and the other car didn't stop and hit the stopped car. The rear-ended car was spun around into the center and facing east. The other car was sitting in the middle of the northbound lanes with severe frontend and left side damage. Very ugly indeed.

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I ran into this at around 1:15. It looked like 2 cars involved one rear-ending the other. Damage on both cars were really extensive. Cops were taking road measurements and doing an investigation. The entire north bound side was closed and diverted up rt 2. Southbound was open; perhaps one lane. The one car that was rear-ended looked like the damage was all the way through the back seat. So my guess is that person was sitting at the red light facing north and the other car didn't stop and hit the stopped car. The rear-ended car was spun around into the center and facing east. The other car was sitting in the middle of the northbound lanes with severe frontend and left side damage. Very ugly indeed.

I'm bettin' a cell phone or a text message was involved.

PsyOps

Pixelated
WHY do people STILL not get it? "Hands-free" for cell phone calls and NO TEXTING?? IT'S SIMPLE!!

I'm not saying this is what caused the accident. It's strictly a guess. Funny thing is, there is no such thing as hands-free. You still have to pick the phone up to dial. But strangely enough I had to reach for my phone tell my office that I was going to be late. Now I am making a trip this weekend for an earpiece.

I'm not saying this is what caused the accident. It's strictly a guess. Funny thing is, there is no such thing as hands-free. You still have to pick the phone up to dial. But strangely enough I had to reach for my phone tell my office that I was going to be late. Now I am making a trip this weekend for an earpiece.

I'm gonna say no to that. I have an OLD phone, and it supports voice calling. You tap the button on your BluTooth device and speak. "Call <name> <cell or home>"

If my old phone has it, I'm pretty sure most new ones do too.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm gonna say no to that. I have an OLD phone, and it supports voice calling. You tap the button on your BluTooth device and speak. "Call <name> <cell or home>"

If my old phone has it, I'm pretty sure most new ones do too.

I wonder how many people actually use that function. I guess I'm still a little old fashioned where I want to see and feel what I'm dialing. But that's going to change.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever

Pretty much describes it. I overhead someone on site that said the guy that hit them should see a day in court, so it sounds like it was more than just cell phone use. The pictures show the car pretty well. Someone had a crowbar that ran over and got them out.

onebdzee

off the shelf
WHY do people STILL not get it? "Hands-free" for cell phone calls and NO TEXTING?? IT'S SIMPLE!!

On my way to the shop today, which is 12 miles from my house, I saw no less than 10 people, 2 of which were police, with cell phones hanging out their ears

cgwife

Pretty much describes it. I overhead someone on site that said the guy that hit them should see a day in court, so it sounds like it was more than just cell phone use. The pictures show the car pretty well. Someone had a crowbar that ran over and got them out.

Listening on my scanner, sounded like someone was being tested for DWI

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
On my way to the shop today, which is 12 miles from my house, I saw no less than 10 people, 2 of which were police, with cell phones hanging out their ears

Next time you see a cop doing it, whip out your cell phone and take a hands free picture.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Listening on my scanner, sounded like someone was being tested for DWI

Well at least 3 people when to the hospital and one may have past away. Pretty sad if that is the case. DWI at 11:30 am. Must be living a pretty lousy life which just got worst.

Not necessarily. My van has voice recognition. I tell it who to call and it does the work for me.

I hope the persons involved in the accident will be okay.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Not necessarily. My van has voice recognition. I tell it who to call and it does the work for me.

I hope the persons involved in the accident will be okay.

Some of the more newer phones - in the last 4 years, have voice recog. on them. With a bug in the ear or a hands free plug in adapter, you just yell Call Home and it calls home. Kids get a big kick out of it. Some of the older phones you can just hook up a head set, but you still need to dial it. Set up speed dial.

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
Next time you see a cop doing it, whip out your cell phone and take a hands free picture.

yeah me to, and today while on the bus ride home, I saw a Maryland State Police- U38 with the phone up to his ear while he was driving- and on his laptop in the center of his car was a blue logo, yup you guessed it.. He had facebook up!
Guess that makes them above the law- Don't get me wrong- they do an wonderful of protecting us--- but when it comes to the law, they are citizens too, OBEY IT !!!