Funny thing happened on the links

xobxdoc

I was taking my son out for his first golf outing. He is 12 this weekend. It was a perfect day. I got him a new set of clubs and he couldn't wait to use them. It was Friday afternoon. We started at 1:00. No one in front of us , no one behind us. We were on the back 9 on the par 3, I forget the hole number when these kids were cutting through the course. No big deal, thet weren't loud or interrupting play. I'm getting ready to tee off when I heard this scream that echoed across the fairway from a road through the woods, " Girl, you're gonna get your effing ass beat". I looked up to see this woman in a pick-up truck. One of those kids was her daughter. The girl about 14 holding hands with her boyfriend yelled something incoherent back.
It just hit me as funny because it was so unexpected. Only in the Ranch Club!
Still it was my best golf day ever.

Justme2

I was taking my son out for his first golf outing. He is 12 this weekend. It was a perfect day. I got him a new set of clubs and he couldn't wait to use them. It was Friday afternoon. We started at 1:00. No one in front of us , no one behind us. We were on the back 9 on the par 3, I forget the hole number when these kids were cutting through the course. No big deal, thet weren't loud or interrupting play. I'm getting ready to tee off when I heard this scream that echoed across the fairway from a road through the woods, " Girl, you're gonna get your effing ass beat". I looked up to see this woman in a pick-up truck. One of those kids was her daughter. The girl about 14 holding hands with her boyfriend yelled something incoherent back.
Would of been really really funny if it was your daughter!!!!!!

xobxdoc

You're missing the point. You obviously have never played golf. I could have got a par on that hole and had to settle for bogie. The mother of the year had me rattled.

Catman2

Can we assume it was Chesapeake Hills? I dread #15....crazies near the tee and dirt track racers near the green......did I mention the eightsome with four carts the starter let go together?

Justme2

Was that you in the truck?

Nope But I can relate when I was 15 My best friend's younger sister did the old tell your Mom I am staying of over your house and I will tell my mom that you are staying over my house and they thought the were going to run all night long. Well Her mom figured out what was going on and got a hold of me and I tried my best not to lead her to her daughter but she was determined to fine her. I had not seen that side of her MOM EVER but when she finally found her with me in her truck. OMG and that's when it was ok for you to hit your kids to keep them in order. And yeah she was about 13 and half drunk when her mom found her hanging with an older guy she liked

thurley42

HY;FR
Can we assume it was Chesapeake Hills? I dread #15....crazies near the tee and dirt track racers near the green......did I mention the eightsome with four carts the starter let go together?

ugh...I played that course once...and walked off at the turn.....never again

OH OK your right I never played Golf

No big deal, thet weren't loud or interrupting play.

Yeah..you obviously haven't ever played golf....you aren't supposed to have to deal with that crap...

thatguy

ugh...I played that course once...and walked off at the turn.....never again

Yeah..you obviously haven't ever played golf....you aren't supposed to have to deal with that crap...

back in the old days this was really a nice course. But ever since they put the houses down #6, #7, and #18 the place has gone to hell.
Anybody remember the pitbull/crack house?

willie

back in the old days this was really a nice course. But ever since they put the houses down #6, #7, and #18 the place has gone to hell.
Anybody remember the pitbull/crack house?
After about a year, they got another Pit Bull but that got handled quickly. That particular house still has some questionable inhabitants but most of the houses now have a better class of golf haters than a few years ago.

The County is doing a good job of shaping up the course.

yankee44

The County is doing a good job of shaping up the course.

The county could put a million dollars into that course and it still will be a pile of crap. Of all the Golf Courses the SMAC schools use can you belive that they are using that garbage course for the SMAC tourny tomorrow. :smack:

Catman2

The county could put a million dollars into that course and it still will be a pile of crap. Of all the Golf Courses the SMAC schools use can you belive that they are using that garbage course for the SMAC tourny tomorrow. :smack:

Why diss a course that is in much better shape than when purchased, and is in better shape than Twin Fields? It's perfectly fine for a SMAC tournament. If you hate it so much, go join a Country Club.

willie

Did they fire you?

greeneyes36

only you two... lol. card in the mailbox for kiddo last night. you get it??

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
You should have hit your golf ball at those dumb dopes yelling on the side of the road.