BJ's (The store)

SmallTown

Football season!
At the recent republican commissioners meeting at Chancellors Run, some of the candidates mentioned that the current commissioners are committing what amounts to extorsion and charging BJ's around $1 Million dollars in impact fees and thus making BJ's really think twice about coming to First Colony. Does anyone know of this is true, or just typical politician BS? I know the commissioners were strongly against the BJs instead of the Movie Theatre, but it appeared both sides came to an agreement with allowing BJ's to come in, but also putting in a public pool. Anyone with information about this, it would be highly appreciated!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
IMHO

Since that spot was supposed to be for entertainment purposes, I think the pool should have gone in at that location vs. the BJ's. Since the Commissioners gave in to building the BJ's at that location, the developer got what he wanted all along.

SmallTown

Football season!
Yea, the developer did get what he wanted.. Which is why I can almost believe that the commissioners would raise the impact fees , just as a "I told you so" measure.. But I really want to know if this is the case , or just typical politcal fighting trying to make the others look bad.. And I'm curoius to know if BJ's really is backing out.. And how that might impact the pool..

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Not sure exact numbers but I heard on the news that 1) developers must put in a swimming pool near one of the schools 2) developers must pay fines 3) developers must donate money for the maritime museum 4) developers must put up money for or build a new library and then they can build their B.J's (which was not in the original contract - only a movie theatre which is a different size for building space and for parking lot space)
Might want to call 102.9 or 98.3 and ask for exact numbers if you are interested.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I know they are putting a pool in great mills...which I think is very dumb! cause how is that middle for all areas..such as hollywood or leonardtown. I mean come on. How is that anywhere near the middle for everyone?
I know that our company is doing some of the work for it..that is how I found out about the so called "community" pool