Mexico Restaurant

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
Decided to give Monterey's compitition in the Lusby Mexican food wars my business but sadly discovered that the Mexico Restaurant is now KIA. Exit question is what venue should open its doors?
NOTE: Anyone suggesting Latin style food or another Liquor Store should be Ceremonially Water Boarded. :stupid:

Hessian

Something with an AMAZING Salad bar

I would love to have some European Fare but that would work in Chevy Chase...not here.

So: how about 60 feet of variety salads, soups, sliced meat, and all you can eat dessert bar? ( A notch higher than Ponderosa)...

RPMDAD

Never made it to the one in Lusby, have always gone to the one in Huntingtown, they always seem to be doing a pretty good business, from the times i have been in there and judging by the cars in the parking lot. Was the one in Lusby just not good or just no business. I guess from Lusby it is a short hop across the the bridge to St. Mary's and i know they have a vast selection of eating spots.

High EGT

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto
The Boss recommends an Italian venue. I know there are already some local Asian restaurants but none that have the popular all-u-can eat buffets and would have my vote. Other than that, how about a Auto Parts Store:yay:

jaksprat

Never made it to the one in Lusby, have always gone to the one in Huntingtown, they always seem to be doing a pretty good business, from the times i have been in there and judging by the cars in the parking lot. Was the one in Lusby just not good or just no business. I guess from Lusby it is a short hop across the the bridge to St. Mary's and i know they have a vast selection of eating spots.

We've been to the one in Lusby a couple times for eat-in and more times than that for take-out. We found the food to be decent. One complaint is that a couple times we got take-out and got home, only to find one or two items missing. The last time, I went back to them and the hostess was laughing it off while saying the guy in back musta forgot. Somehow I didn't find the humor and that was the last encounter.

And it just so happens we went to Monterrey (in Lusby) last night to eat in and the place was packed. We got a table right away but service and food were pretty slow coming. While outside, someone said that Mexico was closed and that's what I figured caused Monterrey to be so busy. We drove by Mexico afterwards and they are definitely closed and gone. I'm not at all surprised.

Hessian

Yeah...

German. That's my vote. :yay:

Why do we have to drive up nearly to Annapolis to find a German restaurant?
The other I know of is up in Monty county.
#3 is up in Jessup (Blob's park)

So do it Vrai...lets petition to have a Continental European restaurant/deli.
Anyone for some Wurst, with peppered ground mustard on bauerbrot topped with Sauerkraut with a tall cold Heineken?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is a place up in Hagerstown called Schmankerl Stube - oh my stars!!! I also love Schmidt's in Columbus, OH. We need something like that here, or close by.

ohstate

Not another steak/burger/all things fried/sports bar place please.

A good wood fired pizza place w/ some italian food would be nice.

jaksprat

German would be cool. Or some other international restaurant. One thing I don't understand is how in the world did we end up with 3 Mexican restaurants in Lusby (Moe's, Mexico & Monterrey)? :confused: What the heck were they thinking? Well, at least there's only 2 now.

SoMdDude

The one in Waldorf is always hopping, good food too, go there 1 or 2 times a month..and they always have ½ off coupons in the weekly mailer when you buy one entree at full price :yay:

snuzzy

The one in Waldorf is always hopping, good food too, go there 1 or 2 times a month..and they always have ½ off coupons in the weekly mailer when you buy one entree at full price :yay:

How about Pei Wei...the "Ponderosa" of PF Changs, there's one in Columbia and another in Towson, good food, fast!

GopherM

Darwin was right
Move el Cerro Grande from Leonardtown to Lusby so I am never ever tempted or tricked into walking into that place again.