Sanitary Towel Prompts TSA To Grope Sexual Assault

E

EmptyTimCup

:jameo:

Sanitary Towel Prompts TSA To Grope Sexual Assault Victim

Here is the woman’s email in full:

“This email isn’t going to be as polished as I would normally send, but I’m upset and I don’t want what happened to me to happen to anyone else (if I can stop it).

I recently traveled via air, and was subjected to that new scanning device. “No problem,” I thought. I was wearing jeans and a linen tanktop, bra, panties, and one camouflage pantyliner.

I’m a rule follower, so I never have any problems at the airport. Not this time. I was stopped, and then held for 15 minutes while they tried to find a female supervisor. I couldn’t get to my bag, my shawl or my shoes; just standing there while the TSA agents kept me in one place.

Now, I don’t want this to be about bad TSA agents; they were doing their job, they were as delicate as they could be, etc., etc. But what ultimately happened is that I was subjected to search so invasive that I was left crying and dealing with memories that I thought had been dealt with years ago of prior sexual assaults.

Why?

Because of my flannel panty-liner. These new scans are so horrible that if you are wearing something unusual (like a piece of cloth on your panties) then you will be subjected to a search where a woman repeatedly has to check your “groin” while another woman watches on (two in my case – they were training in a new girl – awesome).

So please, please, tell the ladies not to wear their liners at the airport (I didn’t even have an insert in). I’m a strong, confident woman; I’m an Army vet (which is why those camo liners crack me up), I work full-time and go to graduate school full-time, I have a wonderful husband, and I don’t take any nonsense from anyone. I don’t dramatize, and I don’t exaggerate. I’m trying to give you a sense of who I am so you won’t think that this is a plea for attention, or a jumping on the bandwagon about the recent TSA proposed boycott.

I just don’t want another woman to have to go through the “patting down” because she didn’t know that her glad-rag would be a matter of national security.”​

Chalk up another ritual humiliation at the hands of the TSA, protecting us from terrorists by forcing women to remove their underwear napkins and groping their vaginas in public.

:whistle:

dachsom

This is so unbelievable, I expect it to show up on snopes.com soon. At least the writer didn't say it happened to her sister's uncle's cousin's friend. Maybe that will make it true.

Anyway, people know by now what can happen to them if they choose to fly. I don't agree with the way they do security right now and personally, I won't fly at this time. However, wiith the threat of some idiot hiding an explosive anywhere on their body still present, I feel that TSA has no choice but to do these scans and pat-downs until they find a better way to keep people safe. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
However, wiith the threat of some idiot hiding an explosive anywhere on their body still present, I feel that TSA has no choice but to do these scans and pat-downs until they find a better way to keep people safe. Just my opinion.

excellent point.
lets take it to the next level.
Terrorists use cars, fill them up with explosives, park them in front of buildings, or in a garage and blow them up.
I suggest that the police start stopping everyone and detaining them for however long it takes to totally search their car.

or how about this
Terrorists use their homes to construct explosive devices, I suggest that the police be instructed to randomly pick out homes and do a thorough search to insure no illegal devices are being built.

how far are you willing to go?

dachsom

excellent point.
Terrorists use cars, fill them up with explosives, park them in front of buildings, or in a garage and blow them up.
I suggest that the police start stopping everyone and detaining them for however long it takes to totally search their car.

or how about this
Terrorists use their homes to construct explosive devices, I suggest that the police be instructed to randomly pick out homes and do a thorough search to insure no illegal devices are being built.

I get your point. Where do we draw the line?? As I said, I am not willing to undergo the things the TSA are doing so I will not fly and that is my choice. If what you suggest comes to pass, it will be a sad day in this country and to be honest, I don't know as one person, what I would be able to do about it.

bcp

In My Opinion
I get your point. Where do we draw the line?? As I said, I am not willing to undergo the things the TSA are doing so I will not fly and that is my choice. If what you suggest comes to pass, it will be a sad day in this country and to be honest, I don't know as one person, what I would be able to do about it.

a group cant be made without the singles.

If they start to search cars, do you stop driving?
If they start to search homes do you move to the underpass?

The more people that complain and bring these things to light, the more chance we have of getting our rights back.
What Im saying is,, Fly. If detained and searched, complain, complain while they are doing it, complain to the papers, get a lawyer etc...
The act of one will do nothing, the reaccuring act by many will.

What do you think the motive was for that woman that went through in the bikini? Im pretty sure her goal was not to cause a forest of woodies in the search line.

itsrequired

excellent point.

or how about this

That's apples and oranges. Nobody has to walk through a line at the airport and have their person searched. You choose to take that risk if you are getting on an airplane. I'm ok with it when I am flying. I'm trapped in this airplane with people and I want to make sure I am safe as possible. The other point is people have already taken measures to keep cars away from some buildings. There are barriers up in front of certain buildings.

NOBODY'S rights are being violated here because everybody who is being searched is doing so willingly. There are other forms of transportation. If you don't like the security measures take a train, bus, drive or walk to your destination.

If a TSA agent gropes someone in a sexual manner, call the police.

dachsom

That's apples and oranges. Nobody has to walk through a line at the airport and have their person searched. You choose to take that risk if you are getting on an airplane. I'm ok with it when I am flying. I'm trapped in this airplane with people and I want to make sure I am safe as possible. The other point is people have already taken measures to keep cars away from some buildings. There are barriers up in front of certain buildings.

NOBODY'S rights are being violated here because everybody who is being searched is doing so willingly. There are other forms of transportation. If you don't like the security measures take a train, bus, drive or walk to your destination.

:yeahthat:

bcp

In My Opinion

wrong on so many levels.
lets see, nobody has to drive a car. they can use public transportation like bus, they can ride a bike they can walk. Its a risk you take by driving your car, I dont want to be trapped on the highway in a traffic jam when you decide to detonate.
As far as the barriers? well, thats just step one, just like the old scan methods were step one.
When they decide that a car bomb can take out the barrier, then they have to search the car before it gets to the barrier, then before it turns onto that street, Im sure we can work our way back to security checking cars before they leave the community, or search points at all highway entrances.

bcp

In My Opinion
another interesting point.
on the news the other night they were showing the people that were getting pulled aside for the assault. they then talked to them afterwards. all 6 that were searched in this news cast, one right after the other were white males.

if they dont profile to the point that they actually turn their back on anyone that looks like they should be profiled, isnt that profiling all the same???

itsrequired

wrong on so many levels.
lets see, nobody has to drive a car. they can use public transportation like bus, they can ride a bike they can walk. Its a risk you take by driving your car, I dont want to be trapped on the highway in a traffic jam when you decide to detonate.

Nobody is pulling you out of your car to search you. This is just some leap you are taking like the idiots who said once the patriot act was passed we would all have our phones tapped.

As far as the barriers? well, thats just step one, just like the old scan methods were step one.
And what are they doing that is unlawful. You don't have to enter the private airport and get on a private plane that is used by the public in general. On the public roads you have protection against illegal search and seizure.

iWhen they decide that a car bomb can take out the barrier, then they have to search the car before it gets to the barrier, then before it turns onto that street, Im sure we can work our way back to security checking cars before they leave the community, or search points at all highway entrances.

Um....the car bomb to the building already happened. When did they start searching cars illegally? Where is that happening without any recourse?

I know...it isn't. It's just this kooky response from people who like to get all the rest of the conspiracy theorist all up in a wad. Sorry, doesn't work here.

itsrequired

on the news the other night they were showing the people that were getting pulled aside for the assault. they then talked to them afterwards. all 6 that were searched in this news cast, one right after the other were white males.

if they dont profile to the point that they actually turn their back on anyone that looks like they should be profiled, isnt that profiling all the same???

:confused: Maybe you should have another drink.

bcp

In My Opinion
Um....the car bomb to the building already happened. When did they start searching cars illegally? Where is that happening without any recourse?

I know...it isn't. It's just this kooky response from people who like to get all the rest of the conspiracy theorist all up in a wad. Sorry, doesn't work here.

Ummm, the blowing up and hijacking of the planes has been going on for many years.
why didnt they start this right away?

itsrequired

Ummm, the blowing up and hijacking of the planes has been going on for many years.
why didnt they start this right away?

The technology has gotten better. When people refuse to engage with the technology, they do a better search.

itsrequired

ohhhh, good idea.
bit early but I guess I could actually drink a beer now.

If you are confused with what I wrote however, maybe you should NOT have another drink.

Ok...lets break down what you wrote.

Originally Posted by bcp
on the news the other night they were showing the people that were getting pulled aside for the assault.
Everybody reading this should now understand what you are referring to.

they then talked to them afterwards. all 6 that were searched in this news cast, one right after the other were white males.

Yea, um...this makes tons of sense.

And...what a grand finale...lol we all get that I am sure because the rest of what you wrote made so much sense.

bcp

In My Opinion
Ok...lets break down what you wrote.

And...what a grand finale...lol we all get that I am sure because the rest of what you wrote made so much sense.

well I suppose it may not make sense to either a retard or someone that has no loyalty to the country or concern for their constitutional rights.
but to a real American even if the accept it, they still realize the problems that it causes.
I suggest you speak with some adults and find out why this might be a problem.

itsrequired

well I suppose it may not make sense to either a retard or someone that has no loyalty to the country or concern for their constitutional rights.
but to a real American even if the accept it, they still realize the problems that it causes.
I suggest you speak with some adults and find out why this might be a problem.

:killingme Name calling. Right, because that is so grown up. I have a grasp on the constitution. Tell me just where is it being violated. You can toss that crap around, but it's a little bit different when you have to put up and show factual information isn't it? That, afterall is what is done in the grown up world.