GOP leaders celebrate adding another trillion...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...to the national debt.

Lefties furious because it is not their kind of debt.

DC establishment celebrates return to the new normal; you don't pay for yours, we won't pay for ours!

That is what is happening. Again.

NCalif

...to the national debt.

DC establishment celebrates return to the new normal; you don't pay for yours, we won't pay for ours!

What a disgrace. January can't come fast enough.

This_person

...to the national debt.

How was another trillion added to the debt? I'm not arguing, I just haven't kept up.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Even this doofus is avoiding the $1T lie. How can you buy it if even he won't say it?

Any decrease in income deepens the dept ONLY if you continue spending at the same or faster rate and don't pay off the debt you already own.

Last edited:
Moody's May Cut US Rating on Tax Package

Moody's warned Monday that it could move a step closer to cutting the U.S. Aaa rating if President Obama's tax and unemployment benefit package becomes law.

The plan agreed to by President Obama and Republican leaders last week could push up debt levels, increasing the likelihood of a negative outlook on the United States rating in the coming two years, the ratings agency said.

A negative outlook, if adopted, would make a rating cut more likely over the following 12-to-18 months.

A cut to the U.S. sovereign debt rating would be noteworthy (that's what one might call an understatement :lol:). Even changing its (current) stable outlook to a a negative outlook would be significant. Treasury yields have popped a bit over the last couple of weeks.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Moody's May Cut US Rating on Tax Package

A cut to the U.S. sovereign debt rating would be noteworthy (that's what one might call an understatement :lol:). Even changing its (current) stable outlook to a a negative outlook would be significant. Treasury yields have popped a bit over the last couple of weeks.

Consider. There are those arguing that tax rate stability has been holding up business, the uncertainty. Thus, now that we know what tax rates will be for the next two years, Nirvana this way lies.

Now, that sounds great except that we've had tax rate stability for the last 10 years. The economic crisis has little to do with tax rate stability and much to do with...housing and...oil.

of course, a tax hike would probably be bad for the economy right now but, that has not been the core problem. Housing and oil and the money in peoples pockets.

This is NOT a tax cut, thus no increase in anyones pocket. Thus the economy. :dead:

Groundhog Day.

:banghead:

MMDad

Lem Putt
...to the national debt.

It's 550 billion for not raising taxes. Subtract that - it isn't a cost not to take it from us.

I heard another 300 billion in various payoffs, pet projects, stimulus, and bribes. That's what the problem is.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's 550 billion for not raising taxes. Subtract that - it isn't a cost not to take it from us.

I heard another 300 billion in various payoffs, pet projects, stimulus, and bribes. That's what the problem is.

Dude, if we have to borrow the $550 bil, it still costs us. You either raise taxes or cut spending. Or add to the debt.

I'd say, with my limited math skills, thay $550 is more than $300.

I don't understand how we can afford either. So, don't spend the $300 and CUT the $550.

:shrug: