Luke's a Hero

NCalif

:thewave:Luke Scott, Orioles star, takes 'birther' side -- Obama was not born in the United States

Luke Scott has joined the ranks of birthers, those people who say they do not believe that Barack H. Obama was born in the United States. Which is a fine thing if you are anyone other than the president.

The belief that Obama was foreign-born has stubbornly stuck around since his campaign long before his election 25 months ago. The well-heeled Obama campaign early on released a copy of his Certificate of Live Birth, saying he was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961. The Ticket published that certificate here in June 2008, still viewable right here.

State officials say they have viewed the official birth certificate but for unexplained reasons Obama has never permitted its release.

So, the Orioles' 32-year-old star first baseman-DH Scott was talking with....

...David Brown over Big League Stew sports blog and Brown asked in passing about Obama's birth: "He was not born here," Scott asserted. Then the player added:

That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go — within 10 minutes — to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, "See? Look! Here it is. Here it is." The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything. And why? Because he's hiding something.

Amen Luke! :thewave:
Luke Scott, Orioles star, takes 'birther' side -- Obama was not born in the United States | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

awpitt

Main Streeter
:thewave:Luke Scott, Orioles star, takes 'birther' side -- Obama was not born in the United States

Luke Scott has joined the ranks of birthers....

He did?

Really?

That's great!

Well hell. Why are we even debating this?

Maybe Luke can tell us how much snow expect this winter. Or he could tell us if Oswald was really the lone gunman.

Better yet, maybe he should just concentrate on winning ball games.

The fact is that Barack Obama is our president, duly elected by the people of the United States. End of story.

NCalif

He did?

Better yet, maybe he should just concentrate on winning ball games.

Yeah how dare he comment on the critical issues concerning HIS government? When he joined the baseball profession he gave up all rights to care about his country! :bigwhoop:

Dontel58

Yeah how dare he comment on the critical issues concerning HIS government? When he joined the baseball profession he gave up all rights to care about his country! :bigwhoop:

You forget that it is ok to Question and smear anybody with a "R" in front of their name but you can't do that to the "One". What is hard with producing a freaking birth certifate instead of certificate of life? Why spend over a millions of dollars to keep this out of court? These are legit questions that we as a people have a right to ask, well I should hope so.

Baz

This. ------------------>
The citizens of Wingnuttia set the bar astonishingly low when it comes to defining heroism.

awpitt

Main Streeter

He didn't give anything up but you call him a "hero" because he sided with the birthers?

Not even close.

NCalif

He didn't give anything up?

:whistle:

He's being vilified in the lamestream media and by every Obamite on the planet. In other words, he's being "Palinized". But I'm sure he knew what he was getting into. So that makes him a hero in my book. You are free to disagree of course.:popcorn:

TurboK9

He's being vilified in the lamestream media and by every Obamite on the planet. In other words, he's being "Palinized". But I'm sure he knew what he was getting into. So that makes him a hero in my book. You are free to disagree of course.:popcorn:

:yay:

For ANY celebrity, risking public opinion by speaking out on something the media considers 'taboo' IS a sacrifice.

:shrug:

Otter

Nothing to see here

You are free to disagree of course - Republican

You are free to agree of course - Democrat

TurboK9

Hey I thought dems were all about 'tolerance'? What is happening here?

Oh that's right.... that only applies to those who adhere to their way of thinking... how silly of me!

:killingme

dontknowwhy

The citizens of Wingnuttia set the bar astonishingly low when it comes to defining heroism.

Are you serious?? USC Berkeley is calling a treasonous PFC who turned over classified information, detrimental to our national security to some Koala just because he's a little POS a friggin hero and you think our standards for heroism are low? Why don't you & your kind just move to a communist nation where you can be happy AND oppressed all at the same time?

Baz

Are you serious?? USC Berkeley is calling a treasonous PFC who turned over classified information, detrimental to our national security to some Koala just because he's a little POS a friggin hero and you think our standards for heroism are low? Why don't you & your kind just move to a communist nation where you can be happy AND oppressed all at the same time?

NCalif called a baseball player a hero because he said he agrees with the Birthers. How very heroic. :rolleyes:

Now, please link to where I called the treasonous PFC a hero.

TurboK9

NCalif called a baseball player a hero because he said he agrees with the Birthers. How very heroic. :rolleyes:

Now, please link to where I called the treasonous PFC a hero.

He never said you did.

He is calling into question Berkeley's actions, not yours... and pointing out that while jumping all over this, you seem to have no problem with that. :shrug:

awpitt

Main Streeter
He never said you did.

He is calling into question Berkeley's actions, not yours... and pointing out that while jumping all over this, you seem to have no problem with that. :shrug:

Because the PFC wasn't mentioned in the thread doesn't mean that folks don't take issue with what the PFC did. This thread is about Luke Scott.

Baz

He never said you did.

"jumping all over this"??? :lol: Okay.

Please link to where I stated that I agree with and/or have no problem with the PFC/Berkeley thing.

TurboK9

"jumping all over this"??? :lol: Okay.

Please link to where I stated that I agree with and/or have no problem with the PFC/Berkeley thing.

Don't need to. You post when you have a problem with something, always do. Berkeley's hailing of the PFC is a MUCH bigger deal than this, Berkeley is far more powerful than a Baseball player, students bend and sway to their definition of morality and what is right and wrong.... and yet, you say nothing in that thread.

Not one word.

That speaks for itself, given your history. :shrug:

You are of course entitled to your opinion, and that's :yay:.

But to fall back on 'show me show me show' without actually stating how you view the subject, is sort of... well... chickensh*t. :shrug:

Baz

Because the PFC wasn't mentioned in the thread doesn't mean that folks don't take issue with what the PFC did. This thread is about Luke Scott.

Certainly you meant The Heroic Luke Scott.

TurboK9

Isn't that convenient? This thread is about Luke Scott, and ONLY Luke Scott...

But a thread about, oh, Obama is about every Republican that ever said or did anything that can be even remotely used to condone or defend whatever is being critiqued... :lmao:

Isn't it nice how rules seem to only apply to one side?