Political Compass

LC_Sulla

They've updated the questions since the last time I took the test.

The Political Compass - Test

my results....

Economic Left/Right: -4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.38
(Edited to align with other responses)

Attachments

• PC1.JPG
    PC1.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Economic Left/Right: 3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28

questions were pretty crappy, though.

Go G-Men

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 1.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.15

I agree the questions/distractors did not mesh well at times. but I did find it interesting all the same.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Economic Left/Right: 4.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26

Attachments

• pcgraphpng.php.png
    pcgraphpng.php.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 59

Larry Gude

Strung Out
See. :tap:

These sorts of things are USELESS absent conversation and debate.

For instance;

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

I would argue, strongly, that trans national corporations serve the interests of humanity. Medicine. Food. Building materials. Energy. Clothing. Good lord.

Yet, there is no answer for that so, presumably, if you strongly agree you get a totally opposite 'score' if you strongly disagree. :shrug:

Further, I would argue, strongly, that institutions and policy that claim TO serve humanity do, in fact HARM humanity as most, if not all, 'humanitarian' interests promote and codify dependence which, to me, while certainly human, just as slavery is 'human', also just as certainly, to me, is not in the interests of humanity.

Real world; 'humanitarians' can well be said to be opposed to the interests of corporations that, say, make a particularly toxic chemical and make much money off of it, yes? Those same 'humanitarians' signed the death sentences for untold millions of human beings who have died from malaria the last 40 year or so, well after some evil corporation found, for profit, a very effective solution, DDT.

So, who is serving the interests of humanity? :shrug:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Economic Left/Right: 4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08

Attachments

• pcgraphpng.php.png
    pcgraphpng.php.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 31

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

...:dye:

Attachments

• political compass.php.png
    political compass.php.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 54

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
See. :tap:

These sorts of things are USELESS absent conversation and debate.

For instance;

I would argue, strongly, that trans national corporations serve the interests of humanity. Medicine. Food. Building materials. Energy. Clothing. Good lord.

Yet, there is no answer for that so, presumably, if you strongly agree you get a totally opposite 'score' if you strongly disagree. :shrug:

Further, I would argue, strongly, that institutions and policy that claim TO serve humanity do, in fact HARM humanity as most, if not all, 'humanitarian' interests promote and codify dependence which, to me, while certainly human, just as slavery is 'human', also just as certainly, to me, is not in the interests of humanity.

Real world; 'humanitarians' can well be said to be opposed to the interests of corporations that, say, make a particularly toxic chemical and make much money off of it, yes? Those same 'humanitarians' signed the death sentences for untold millions of human beings who have died from malaria the last 40 year or so, well after some evil corporation found, for profit, a very effective solution, DDT.

So, who is serving the interests of humanity? :shrug:

So, how did you answer question number 2?

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
However, as I say, answering the questions is, for me, quite problematic.
It's that fat brain getting stuck in overdrive again. :lol: Some of the questions are... ambiguous, even paradoxical, as you noted. Not a perfect gauge, by any means, but it can be interesting to see where you fall relative to others.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's that fat brain getting stuck in overdrive again. :lol: Some of the questions are... ambiguous, even paradoxical, as you noted. Not a perfect gauge, by any means, but it can be interesting to see where you fall relative to others.

I don't find it any more interesting relative to others than you and me flipping coins. :shrug:

Within those questions, are THE answers IF we, the people, get into those questions and THEN come up with policy.

I mean, astrology accurately explains many things. Many, I believe, totally by coincidence. "Something will happen to you today!" However, my answer on the test would imply I am a believer in astrology which I very much am not. :shrug:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hmmm.."libertarian right" but not far away from the origin actually, with a score of 2.75 to the right and 1.69 down.

n0n1m0us3

why so serious
I don't find it any more interesting relative to others than you and me flipping coins. :shrug:

Within those questions, are THE answers IF we, the people, get into those questions and THEN come up with policy.

I mean, astrology accurately explains many things. Many, I believe, totally by coincidence. "Something will happen to you today!" However, my answer on the test would imply I am a believer in astrology which I very much am not. :shrug:

I thought that question was more an implication of "magical thinking".

Beta84

They're out to get us
There were a bunch of crappy and leading questions. They might as well have had a question like "If Bin Laden was standing in front of you and you had a loaded shotgun, you would opt to give him 2 years of house arrest. Agree or Disagree." :banghead: