NAACP to protest secession ball

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"Members of South Carolina’s NAACP will march in protest of a “secession ball” in Charleston later this month which will commemorate the 150th anniversary of South Carolina’s secession from the Union.

State NAACP leaders held two press conferences Friday, spreading the word they will protest the ball and any other sesquicentennial events that they deem disrespectful.

“We are not opposed to observances,” said Lonnie Randolph, state president of the NAACP. “We are opposed to disrespect.”

NAACP members and supporters plan to hold a peaceful march in downtown Charleston the day of the ball, on Dec. 20, followed by a meeting and question-and-answer session focusing on slavery. Participants will watch segments of “Birth of a Nation,” a 1915 silent film that portrayed Ku Klux Klan members as heroes.

Source.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And we should care what the now largely irrelevant, morally disgraced and politically compromised NAACP thinks about anything....why exactly?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Secession ball??? WTH??

Well, whatever. The NAACP needs to worry about itself before they go getting pissed off at anyone else.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
And we should care what the now largely irrelevant, morally disgraced and politically compromised NAACP thinks about anything....why exactly?
Because if you don't Nonno will post a manipulated photo with your name on it that may or may not imply you are a homosexual in his Fight Club thread.

You can see how such a thing would be devastating.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Because if you don't Nonno will post a manipulated photo with your name on it that may or may not imply you are a homosexual in his Fight Club thread.

You mean the thread only he posts in to amuse himself? :killingme

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Because if you don't Nonno will post a manipulated photo with your name on it that may or may not imply you are a homosexual in his Fight Club thread.You can see how such a thing would be devastating.

You mean like this one?..... :lmao:

Attachments

• hvp05's house.jpg
    hvp05's house.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 54

ImnoMensa

[
NAACP members and supporters plan to hold a peaceful march in downtown Charleston the day of the ball, on Dec. 20, followed by a meeting and question-and-answer session focusing on slavery. Participants will watch segments of “Birth of a Nation,” a 1915 silent film that portrayed Ku Klux Klan members as heroes.

I am sure during this question and answer session, the questions will be answered by an unbiased ,impartial expert on the subject.

Just as the showing of the movie "Birth of a Nation" was an impartial and unbiased selection.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:shocked:

What a horribly racist thing for you to say!

:faint:

Oh dear..you are so right. How ever do I retract that before I end up the NAACP's feared 'Tea Party Racist Reporting web site? Oh..hang on..that site was abandoned back in October; apparently there was no content found to p[ost. Go figger.

The NAACP is nothing more than a typical self-perpetuating socio-political shakedown operation; Jesse Jackson in incporporated form. They thrash around mindlessly chasing or promoting anything that will keep money flowing in to their coffers from 'somewhere' to pay those huge staff salaries.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

meh. Wouldn't be the first time I cried myself to sleep at night, nor, I'm sure, would it be the last. Unfortunately for Nonno however, his/her/its rhetorical skillset is so incredibly lame that even creating 'mild irritation' is quite the feat.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
At least you have something in common with both Boehner and Beck. :lmao:

What? That they both have a net worth that exceeds yours by a factor of 100? Or that they and I have real jobs? Or maybe its that they and I can write our own coherent sentences, frame an idea, form cogent arguments...complete entire paragraphs...?

so many choices..?:elaine:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why on earth would the NAACP people protesting this event want to watch "Birth of a Nation"? Do they just like to resurrect antiquated crap so they have an excuse to get all pissed off?

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
"Members of South Carolina’s NAACP will march in protest of a “secession ball” in Charleston later this month which will commemorate the 150th anniversary of South Carolina’s secession from the Union.

State NAACP leaders held two press conferences Friday, spreading the word they will protest the ball and any other sesquicentennial events that they deem disrespectful.

“We are not opposed to observances,” said Lonnie Randolph, state president of the NAACP. “We are opposed to disrespect.”

Source.

They must be bored to tears. Jebus, do something productive.