New fast food banned in South L.A.

E

EmptyTimCup

:faint:

Progressives have talked about doing the same thing along 214 in PG ... on of the council men has a hard-on for Panera, and don't like FF restaurants like McD's

New fast food banned in South L.A.

Goodbye cheeseburgers, hello nanny state! In South L.A. they have actually banned new fast food establishments from taking root. “This is not an attempt to control people as to what they can put into their mouths. This is an attempt to diversify their food options” said council member Jan Perry in a statement she clearly made before thinking. Not only is this move a slap in the face to every adult in South L.A. who feels capable of choosing their own meals, it's also going to hurt the local economy. Get the full story at The Blaze.

:popcorn:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, so if they ban ff restaurants, where are the people going to work? We're talking a depressed area here, and not too many of the residents are going to A) eat at a fine dining establishment; or B) be able to work there.

Why do these idiots not think this stuff through???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, ha ha to all you nanny-staters who were thrilled that cigarettes were taxed to high heaven and smoking was banned in public places. You gave the government carte blanche to regulate just about anything they get a bugaboo about.

So eat your tofu and like it. :razz:

bcp

In My Opinion
Anyway, ha ha to all you nanny-staters who were thrilled that cigarettes were taxed to high heaven and smoking was banned in public places. You gave the government carte blanche to regulate just about anything they get a bugaboo about.

So eat your tofu and like it. :razz:

Plenty of healthy things to eat that dont require the ingestion of tofu.

but, the only alternative to not smoking in a building is standing out in the weather and freezing to get your fix.

I quit smoking years ago, dont actually do fast food enough to worry about it being gone. As a matter of fact, not having fast food places might even cut down on litter.

I think we all win.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Plenty of healthy things to eat that dont require the ingestion of tofu.

but, the only alternative to not smoking in a building is standing out in the weather and freezing to get your fix.

I quit smoking years ago, dont actually do fast food enough to worry about it being gone. As a matter of fact, not having fast food places might even cut down on litter.

I think we all win.
I almost never eat fast food, so yippee for the ban! My kids are grown, so take away the Happy Meal toys! In fact, I rarely eat out anymore, so they can make every restaurant comply with calorie and fat restrictions and it wouldn't bother me none.

While we're at it, they should ban bars and drinking in public. I almost never do that, either, and doubt I'd even notice. Shut them all down, I say - for the public good!

:yahoo:

I think people should entertain in their homes and have meals around the dinner table as a family. It's better for the children, and we all want what's best for the children, don't we?

bcp

In My Opinion
I almost never eat fast food, so yippee for the ban! My kids are grown, so take away the Happy Meal toys! In fact, I rarely eat out anymore, so they can make every restaurant comply with calorie and fat restrictions and it wouldn't bother me none.

While we're at it, they should ban bars and drinking in public. I almost never do that, either, and doubt I'd even notice. Shut them all down, I say - for the public good!

I think people should entertain in their homes and have meals around the dinner table as a family. It's better for the children, and we all want what's best for the children, don't we?

You pretty much described my life.
I can go for it.

ImnoMensa

Lets just make a National Curfew law, and have everyone in bed by Midnight.

Nothing good happens after Midnight anyway.
/S/

ftcret

Maybe the government could save us from ourselves by eliminating community forums. The government knows best...:lalala:

Toxick

Splat
Remember in the move The Matrix, people were kept in pods and fed an intravenous sludge through tubes that connected to various places in their bodies.

I think we should do that, except wrap the pods up in bubble-wrap.

And make sure no meat or animal products are involved in the production of the food-sludge.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe the government could save us from ourselves by eliminating community forums. The government knows best...:lalala:

Nah. If everyone has to stay in their homes, they need a social outlet. Otherwise they'll go crazy and take to the streets, and government doesn't want that. Look for forums and Skype to be the only form of human interaction allowed. Of course, they'll be monitoring us....