Olbernomics ........

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Aw c'mon. He was just parroting what Nancy said.........

Dec 2, 2010 ... Speaker Nancy Pelosi today told the House that unemployment benefits create jobs and .........
Oct 8, 2010 ... Nancy Pelosi Says Food Stamps & Unemployment Create Jobs
Jul 1, 2010 ... Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday.

ImnoMensa

:twitch:

:jameo:

how do the UNEMPLOYED Create JOBS

:doh:

PJTV Video:"Olbermann-omics: Unemployment Creates Jobs"

PJTV - Olbermann-omics: Unemployment Creates Jobs

How do the unemployed create jobs?

By spending the money that the government sends them for being unemployed, or to those who have never been employed.

It's simple really. The IRS takes the rich's from the 2% of Americans making the most money and whatever they can squeeze out of Middle class Americans who are working.
We rake off a Captains share from the top and hand it to the Progressives to pay an ever-increasing staff of Federal Employees and keep Congress living in the manner to which they are accustomed, and to keep Air Force One in the air and the parties going in the White House.

We take the rest and borrow some more , then we send some of that to foreign countries who cannot get a loan ,so they can buy weapons to fight us with, and we keep Obamacare going, and what is left we dump back into the economy by sending checks to those unfortunate enough not to have a job,because we sent all of those jobs to other countries, and to those who wouldnt work in a pie shop shooing flies off the pies.

It's a little more sophisticated than that but basically that's the Gist of it.

SamSpade

Can someone who actually believes this sort of thing step up and explain to the rest of us fools how the unemployed create jobs? I hear this so often, I'm inclined to believe there are those who believe up is down and black is white.

There's only one way it could be called a job to be unemployed, and it doesn't work logically - you COULD pay a business to employ someone temporarily and have them actually work for their benefit. Because a job is not collecting money, or we could all just sit at home and have Uncle Sam give us money. A job is creating wealth by offering a service, manufacturing goods, harvesting raw materials and so forth. A job more or less ADDS to the total wealth of a nation.

Being unemployed is as far the OPPOSITE of a job as you can get. Not only is it simply defined as "NOT having a job" but collecting unemployment DRAINS the wealth of a nation without contributing anything to it.

Geez, this is such basic economics, it ought to be taught in seventh grade.

Vince

Can someone who actually believes this sort of thing step up and explain to the rest of us fools how the unemployed create jobs? I hear this so often, I'm inclined to believe there are those who believe up is down and black is white.

It's that new Democratic Math. 1+1=3

Didn't watch the VID but sounds like something dumba$$ Pelosi would say. :coffee:
If Pelosi said it, you can be sure it's stupid.

MMDad

Lem Putt

There's only one way it could be called a job to be unemployed, and it doesn't work logically - you COULD pay a business to employ someone temporarily and have them actually work for their benefit. Because a job is not collecting money, or we could all just sit at home and have Uncle Sam give us money. A job is creating wealth by offering a service, manufacturing goods, harvesting raw materials and so forth. A job more or less ADDS to the total wealth of a nation.

Being unemployed is as far the OPPOSITE of a job as you can get. Not only is it simply defined as "NOT having a job" but collecting unemployment DRAINS the wealth of a nation without contributing anything to it.

I don't believe the "unemployed create jobs" drivel, but I do understand why some believe it.

If you give an unemployed person a wad of cash they will spend it. They'll buy gas, food, cigarettes, booze, and lotto tickets. Each of those does feed back to create jobs. The part they leave out is that after passing through multiple hands to get to the recipient, then back through the supply chain, the actual effect on job creation is miniscule at best, especially when compared to the jobs created by allowing taxpayers to keep more of the money, spend it themselves, and give the unemployed jobs.

It's kind of like saying "if I go outside, I will add my body heat to the environment, thereby making it not so freakin cold outside." While techinically true, the effect is so minute it can't even be measured.

TurboK9

Wow! Just think, if everyone was unemployed, there would be an overwhelming number of jobs, and so the tax revenues would go up, and the government could pay off the national debt, the economy would be repaired....

Quick! Everyone get fired!!!

:lmao:

There's logic for you!!

The unemployed do NOT create jobs, because they do not produce anything. :shrug: Yes, it is that simple.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't believe the "unemployed create jobs" drivel, but I do understand why some believe it.

If you give an unemployed person a wad of cash they will spend it. They'll buy gas, food, cigarettes, booze, and lotto tickets. Each of those does feed back to create jobs. The part they leave out is that after passing through multiple hands to get to the recipient, then back through the supply chain, the actual effect on job creation is miniscule at best, especially when compared to the jobs created by allowing taxpayers to keep more of the money, spend it themselves, and give the unemployed jobs.

It's kind of like saying "if I go outside, I will add my body heat to the environment, thereby making it not so freakin cold outside." While techinically true, the effect is so minute it can't even be measured.

Ok, but, even if we fool around with this for entertainments sake, it's still absurd. The premise begins with them NOT spending money now, which is not true. They've been spending money for, what, 99 weeks now? So, there is nothing new here, no jobs being 'created'.

In the mean time, if we assume everyone just started getting benefits, the vaunted 2 million who, it seems, all got fired on the same day, then yes, there is their unemployment benefits coming into the market. However, what were they doing yesterday, not buying food and such? They were either using their own money of some savings source or other resource or, ostensibly, had a job until that day when they all got fired. Point being, their own resources were an asset of THEIRS and, if working, that income was from a job that, ostensibly, a job, a paycheck that was justifying itself.

Now, if they are spending unemployment dollars, those dollars, obviously, have to come from SOMEONE else, either debt or savings or...heaven forbid, a dollar that was...PRODUCED.

A produced dollar, and this is where it gets tricky for the Keefs of the world, have to come from the excess of some sort of transaction, ie, profit. The unemployed are an incredible drain, exactly like children; they eat, they use energy, they consume but, they produce nothing.

Keef is either full of #### or one of the stupidest people on the planet.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Ok, but, even if we fool around with this for entertainments sake, it's still absurd. The premise begins with them NOT spending money now, which is not true. They've been spending money for, what, 99 weeks now? So, there is nothing new here, no jobs being 'created'.

In the mean time, if we assume everyone just started getting benefits, the vaunted 2 million who, it seems, all got fired on the same day, then yes, there is their unemployment benefits coming into the market. However, what were they doing yesterday, not buying food and such? They were either using their own money of some savings source or other resource or, ostensibly, had a job until that day when they all got fired. Point being, their own resources were an asset of THEIRS and, if working, that income was from a job that, ostensibly, a job, a paycheck that was justifying itself.

Now, if they are spending unemployment dollars, those dollars, obviously, have to come from SOMEONE else, either debt or savings or...heaven forbid, a dollar that was...PRODUCED.

A produced dollar, and this is where it gets tricky for the Keefs of the world, have to come from the excess of some sort of transaction, ie, profit. The unemployed are an incredible drain, exactly like children; they eat, they use energy, they consume but, they produce nothing.

Keef is either full of #### or one of the stupidest people on the planet.

Keith was pissed his idol went against him and compromised with Pubcorp to get a deal the majority of Americans support. Rachel was loony as well.

Rommey

If the unemployed created jobs, then there should have been about a gazillion jobs created over the past few years. The unemployed rate has nearly doubled since the beginning of 2008.