'Messiah' Obama Has Only Himself to Blame!

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
'Messiah' Obama Has Only Himself to Blame

It's shocking to see the open profanity and mockery -- "F- - k Obama" and taunting chants of "No we can't" -- coming from Dem members of Congress. But the temptation to sympathize with Obama should be resisted. He has only himself to blame.

Messiahs either deliver, or they are abandoned and vilified. Having failed to deliver, Obama is now paying the price in terms he helped to shape.

Indeed, his self-reverence and personal attacks on any and all critics mark him as the brewmeister for much of what is wrong with our politics. Payback is not just a ##### -- it's fair play.

Obama's grandiose promises -- "our planet will begin to heal" -- turned the 2008 campaign into a mutual fantasy society. His life story, race and rhetorical talent made him special, and cult-like status was conferred on those who "got" his greatness.

The awakening began the instant he had to govern. For some, it's the things he couldn't get done -- closing Gitmo, charming Iran, getting out of Iraq.

For most, the problem is that the things he did haven't worked. He busted the budget for a stimulus that didn't stimulate, turned on Israel and other allies for no good reason and insisted on the historic health-care fiasco, which will take years to fix. There are so many ticking time bombs in it that even its authors are discovering unintended consequences -- and it's only started to take effect.

The country's response was a no-confidence vote in the midterms. Yet Obama still doesn't accept the verdict, stumbling between excuses that belittle voters' concerns.

Worse, he's declared that class warfare will be his campaign theme for 2012. He called Republicans "hostage takers" and "bomb throwers," reflections of an immature and ideological mind that refuses to recognize any legitimacy in rival views. He would rather campaign on divisions than govern in tune with the majority consensus.

That's the rub in this whole spectacle -- his reactions to the election and its consequences are almost identical to those of the crybaby House Dems.

The only difference is in the details. He's petulant but willing to make a temporary tax deal with the GOP on upper income brackets so he doesn't get blamed for a hike that hits everyone. House Dems are petulant but would rather have a glorious flame-out that penalizes millions of workers than accept a two-year compromise.

Both Obama and his party leaders were willing to defy the public for two years because they had full Washington control. And now they are at war.

They deserve each other, and America deserves better.

FoxNews.com - MICHAEL GOODWIN: 'Messiah' Obama Has Only Himself to Blame

philibusters

If you can't tell by the analogies I use I am a big college football fan. I can tell you whenever a new coach comes in there is a honeymoon. Then when he gets a couple losses you'll see fans turn.

The right turned against George W. Bush. Why? For a lot of reasons, but ultimately a pivotal fact to his unpopularity was he wasn't winning. In college football is winning is obvious you either win or lose. In politics winning and losing is more subtle, but indicators like the economy are pretty important.

Liberals will say they disagree in principal with Obama, but they key people like a winner, not a loser. If this economy gets turned around, the rank and file liberals will be behind Obama.

Ultimately you have to get results. I am probably part of the more patient side of liberals. I see a President who has a tough job. He has lot of hard issues to deal with. His overall record is not good, to use the sports analogy, but he inherited a losing team so its not like we saw a big drop during his tenure. Eventually he'll have to get things turned around, but I am willing to be patient. I want to see what the economy does. I want to see what healthcare ends up doing.

MMDad

Lem Putt
If you can't tell by the analogies I use I am a big college football fan. I can tell you whenever a new coach comes in there is a honeymoon. Then when he gets a couple losses you'll see fans turn.

The right turned against George W. Bush. Why? For a lot of reasons, but ultimately a pivotal fact to his unpopularity was he wasn't winning. In college football is winning is obvious you either win or lose. In politics winning and losing is more subtle, but indicators like the economy are pretty important.

Liberals will say they disagree in principal with Obama, but they key people like a winner, not a loser. If this economy gets turned around, the rank and file liberals will be behind Obama.

Ultimately you have to get results. I am probably part of the more patient side of liberals. I see a President who has a tough job. He has lot of hard issues to deal with. His overall record is not good, to use the sports analogy, but he inherited a losing team so its not like we saw a big drop during his tenure. Eventually he'll have to get things turned around, but I am willing to be patient. I want to see what the economy does. I want to see what healthcare ends up doing.

To use your college analogy, Bush was facing a pass defense (economy) too strong for his receivers(TARP) to overcome, so he punted on third down. Obama came along with claims of not repeating "the failed economic policies of the Bush administration" so he punted on second down.

Neither of them understood that it's time to run the ball and score.

TurboK9

To use your college analogy, Bush was facing a pass defense (economy) too strong for his receivers(TARP) to overcome, so he punted on third down. Obama came along with claims of not repeating "the failed economic policies of the Bush administration" so he punted on second down.

Neither of them understood that it's time to run the ball and score.

You two should run for office. You'd so lock up the football vote... :lmao:

chernmax

Lets not forget the sportscasters (news) trying to sell the hype of a scoreless game...

ImnoMensa

'Messiah' Obama Has Only Himself to Blame

It's shocking to see the open profanity and mockery -- "F- - k Obama" and taunting chants of "No we can't" -- coming from Dem members of Congress. But the temptation to sympathize with Obama should be resisted. He has only himself to blame.

Messiahs either deliver, or they are abandoned and vilified. Having failed to deliver, Obama is now paying the price in terms he helped to shape.

Indeed, his self-reverence and personal attacks on any and all critics mark him as the brewmeister for much of what is wrong with our politics. Payback is not just a ##### -- it's fair play.

Obama's grandiose promises -- "our planet will begin to heal" -- turned the 2008 campaign into a mutual fantasy society. His life story, race and rhetorical talent made him special, and cult-like status was conferred on those who "got" his greatness.

The awakening began the instant he had to govern. For some, it's the things he couldn't get done -- closing Gitmo, charming Iran, getting out of Iraq.

For most, the problem is that the things he did haven't worked. He busted the budget for a stimulus that didn't stimulate, turned on Israel and other allies for no good reason and insisted on the historic health-care fiasco, which will take years to fix. There are so many ticking time bombs in it that even its authors are discovering unintended consequences -- and it's only started to take effect.

The country's response was a no-confidence vote in the midterms. Yet Obama still doesn't accept the verdict, stumbling between excuses that belittle voters' concerns.

Worse, he's declared that class warfare will be his campaign theme for 2012. He called Republicans "hostage takers" and "bomb throwers," reflections of an immature and ideological mind that refuses to recognize any legitimacy in rival views. He would rather campaign on divisions than govern in tune with the majority consensus.

That's the rub in this whole spectacle -- his reactions to the election and its consequences are almost identical to those of the crybaby House Dems.

The only difference is in the details. He's petulant but willing to make a temporary tax deal with the GOP on upper income brackets so he doesn't get blamed for a hike that hits everyone. House Dems are petulant but would rather have a glorious flame-out that penalizes millions of workers than accept a two-year compromise.

Both Obama and his party leaders were willing to defy the public for two years because they had full Washington control. And now they are at war.

They deserve each other, and America deserves better.

FoxNews.com - MICHAEL GOODWIN: 'Messiah' Obama Has Only Himself to Blame

To me the people who elected Obama are to blame.

To use your Football analogy, they took a guy who was a losing high school football coach at Bumfuk High School and placed him as Head Coach of the Washington Redskins.

They took a loser, placed him as head of a losing team and expected him to win, by the power of the TOTUS.

chernmax

To use your Football analogy, they took a guy who was a losing high school football coach at Bumfuk High School and placed him as Head Coach of the Washington Redskins.

They took a loser, placed him as head of a losing team and expected him to win, by the power of the TOTUS.

IMO the liberals in power in the House, Senate, Unions, ACORN, SEIU and the George Soros's wanted a president they could control...

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

To use your Football analogy, they took a guy who was a losing local kids' football team in a small town population of 250 and placed him as Head Coach of the Carolina Panthers (they're 1 and 12).

:fixed: :biggrin: