Losing LTC Lakin

NCalif

Saving Private Ryan but losing Lt. Col. Lakin: Too Few Good Men

Sadly, there seems to be more talk about ineligibility on any given Sunday during football season in the U.S. than about one of the most important issues in America today. It’s the issue that still hasn’t gone away, despite the best attempts of politicians, media pundits, and well known talk show hosts from both sides of the political aisle. It’s the issue of the eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama to occupy the highest elected office in the United States.

Many Republicans and conservatives, under the influence of their Kool-Aid induced agendas, have described the eligibility issue as a “distraction” from the real issues. The majority of Democrats and progressives, for obvious reasons, have resorted to associating the issue with race, bigotry and hatred. Together, detractors of this issue from both sides have engaged in the methodical marginalization of the message and mocking those who dare act as the messengers.

What could be more fundamentally important than ensuring that the person at the helm of our country, the Commander-in-Chief of the most powerful military in the world, the holder of the keys to the nation’s nuclear lockbox is indeed constitutionally eligible to hold this office?

Despite rabid and consistently incorrect assertions to the contrary, Barack Hussein Obama has not provided one single item of authenticated evidence to prove that he is a natural born citizen and thusly qualified to be president as defined by Article II, Section I, Clause 5 of the United States Constitution. Not only has he not provided such documentation, he has fought long and hard, and spent what many reliable reports suggest as well over a million dollars against releasing his birth certificate and numerous other documents relevant to his background.

I doubt that the start of today’s court martial proceedings of this high ranking military official will receive much, if any, coverage by any of the mainstream talk show hosts regardless of the network. If there is any discussion devoted to the issue, it will likely be limited to the fact that Lt. Col. Lakin disobeyed a direct order and essentially invited his own court martial and paved his own destiny. Perhaps that is the case, or at least the most basic legal element of this case

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
If there is any discussion devoted to the issue, it will likely be limited to the fact that Lt. Col. Lakin disobeyed a direct order and essentially invited his own court martial and paved his own destiny.]

Sorry birther, That's it in a nutshell. :yay:

NCalif

Sorry birther, That's it in a nutshell. :yay:

By that logic, the military guards at Auschwitz and other concentration camps should never have been subjected to trial at Nuremberg or otherwise punished. After all, they were just following orders. As for the detention and extermination of the Jews, well, bringing that up while there was a war going on was a distraction from the real issues of the day.

philibusters

By that logic, the military guards at Auschwitz and other concentration camps should never have been subjected to trial at Nuremberg or otherwise punished. After all, they were just following orders. As for the detention and extermination of the Jews, well, bringing that up while there was a war going on was a distraction from the real issues of the day.

I don't know the details of the trial, but I think the Nuremberg trial deal with high ranking officers, not guards and rank and file German soldiers

As for Lakin, I find it hard to feel sorry for him. He had a military career and they assigned him to Afgahistan and he refuses because he said Obama hasn't proved he is a U.S. citizen. The militiary is his career, his job. He has a job to do and hes not doing it. The punishment is he is getting kicked out of the army through a court martial. The punishment fits the action, he refuses to do his job so he is getting kicked out.

I strongly believe Obama was born in the U.S. I think the evidence strongly indicates that. Lakin just as strongly believes the opposite. We both hold our views and as citizens have the right to voice our opinions. However, it is neither of places to that action on our views. Being in the military is about doing ones job and taking orders. If he wants to be a birther, attend birther rallies, and petition his congressman and senators to do something about the issue fine, but he can't refuse to do his job and then when he gets fired say hes a martyr.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

I strongly believe Obama was born in the U.S. I think the evidence strongly indicates that. he can't refuse to do his job and then when he gets fired say hes a martyr.

I don't dwell on the issue and never have; no birther here. I've always been much more focused on the fact that he had less actual on-the-job experience before being elected president than a McDonald's counter person probably would have.

That said, I've always found it extremely curious that he refuses to put the issue to rest when to do so would be so silly easy to do....for any of the rest of us it would be, at least. Curious. Why would the phrase "I strongly believe he was born in the US" ever have possibly become one anyone would have to utter in the first place. We should never have to 'believe' something like that..it should be nothing but rock solid visibly evident and irrefutable.

ImnoMensa

I don't dwell on the issue and never have; no birther here. I've always been much more focused on the fact that he had less actual on-the-job experience before being elected president than a McDonald's counter person probably would have.

That said, I've always found it extremely curious that he refuses to put the issue to rest when to do so would be so silly easy to do....for any of the rest of us it would be, at least. Curious. Why would the phrase "I strongly believe he was born in the US" ever have possibly become one anyone would have to utter in the first place. We should never have to 'believe' something like that..it should be nothing but rock solid visibly evident and irrefutable.

I have always believed he was American,perhaps in Name Only, but American. I believe the problem is with who is listed as his Daddy.

NCalif

Lakin took a sacred oath to defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. He is simply requesting proof that Obama is a natural-born citizen as the Constitution requires. I guess a sacred oath means more to some than to others.

Lakin may be last line of defense to Constitution / December 1, 2010 / Sonoran News

ImnoMensa

Lakin took a sacred oath to defend the US Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. He is simply requesting proof that Obama is a natural-born citizen as the Constitution requires. I guess a sacred oath means more to some than to others.

Lakin may be last line of defense to Constitution / December 1, 2010 / Sonoran News

I admire Col. Lakin for his effort, but it was frought with the danger of losing from the start.

The courts have turned down every challenge to Obama from the start. There is an obvious conspiracy among the Judicial and Legislative Branch's to see that Obama serves out his term, legitimate or not.
Col. Lakin never had a prayer. You cannot win in any court, when that court denies your right to present evidence or gives your opponent the power to turn down any request for documentation.

Inkd

I have always believed he was American,perhaps in Name Only, but American. I believe the problem is with who is listed as his Daddy.

I believe it was somebody on this forum who came up with what I think is the most reasonable idea why he refuses to divulge a birth certificate. Most likely it will list his race as Caucasian as his father wasn't present at the birth. Imagine what kind of s@#t storm that would send up?

Last edited:

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
It could be because no baby daddy is listed? Who knows and that's the point, If Obama made claims of all the info, show the damn thing and back up your statements. What I find odd is the blocking of his college transcripts also which would show what type of financial aid he received (foreign aid maybe because he was legally adopted by his mothers second husband and his name was changed to Barry Sotero?)

Another anomaly that raises issues is why does Obama have an SSN# with a number sequence that's associated with SSN#s issued in Connecticut? So anyone who states there is OVERWHELMING proof please post it, only thing I've seen is a computer generated certification of live birth and that piece of paper just certifies you were born, his indonesian born sister has one also issued by Hawaii. One last note, back in 1961 the black race were listed on birth certificates as NEGRO, not AFRICAN as listed on Obama's cert! Obama is the only one who can end debate, but chooses not to, the question is why?

If Obama runs for reelection I'm curious as to how he'll be re-vetted with Republicans in charge of the House!