Base status

CobbWeb

I remember

The base is closed tomorrow; stay home !!

Years ago we had a CO that told us during an all hands he didn't believe in closing the base and his liberal leave policy was; "if a days pay is more than your deductible come to work".

Years ago we had a CO that told us during an all hands he didn't believe in closing the base and his liberal leave policy was; "if a days pay is more than your deductible come to work".

F that, you also reaize you have to get estimates and be without your car for days. Deductible is a small part of it. Any way that was just one CO. There are also personal injuries and rescue squads that have to deal with this stuff. Does anyone think the crews wil be out tonight clearing the runways? Some times ya' just gotta use common sense and stop letting the morons run your life.

J

jp2854

they probably won't close the base tomorrow even if the roads are bad they will expect you all to show up on time

dgates80

Land of the lost
The base roads suck rather badly, much better out in town. Though none of the roads are great right now, the temps are into the freeze-over range and are going to be slick as dog snot.

sweetpea15

F that, you also reaize you have to get estimates and be without your car for days. Deductible is a small part of it. Any way that was just one CO. There are also personal injuries and rescue squads that have to deal with this stuff. Does anyone think the crews wil be out tonight clearing the runways? Some times ya' just gotta use common sense and stop letting the morons run your life.

AMEN!!

awpitt

Main Streeter
At least as of 6:50 PM on Sunday. Just got off the base hotline and they report open for normal business.

I would hope so. If a military base had to close because of this amount of snow, I'd hate to see what would happen in a real emergency.