Congratulations! You Bought 82 More Acres!!!

Annoying_Boy

Cool. Did we get a good deal?

That requires answering your question with a question, and the rest of it is just opinions.

Was the property "developable" when sold?

Had the TDR's already been sold prior to the sale making it undevelopable?

And if land is already preserved by the TDR's being sold, then why would you buy it instead of letting the owner keep paying taxes on undevelopable land?

:popcorn:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
#1 Is it open to the public?

#2 Do you need a license to harvest mussels?

Annoying_Boy

All the land purchases I read about were for primarily for conservation not development.

So the discussion is: if something is already conserved from development, then why would you buy it to conserve it?

Again, was the property developable?

Annoying_Boy

Annoying_Boy

I guess that explains why the property went for so dirt cheap then, huh?

Cheap huh?

"Item 19: "Subject property appears to be in the 100 year flood plain boundary, as delineated on Flood Hazard Boundary Maps for Saint Mary's County, Maryland and distributed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, per F.I.R.M Community Panel #24037C0159E."

"The 100 year flood is at elevation 33' based on the NGVD 1983/88. No improvement shall be made in the flood plain easement shown hereon without specific authorization from Saint Mary's County."

:killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Cheap huh?

"Item 19: "Subject property appears to be in the 100 year flood plain boundary, as delineated on Flood Hazard Boundary Maps for Saint Mary's County, Maryland and distributed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, per F.I.R.M Community Panel #24037C0159E."

"The 100 year flood is at elevation 33' based on the NGVD 1983/88. No improvement shall be made in the flood plain easement shown hereon without specific authorization from Saint Mary's County."

yup..cheap. My entire 9 acres is flood plain, A1 and A2..and its sure as heck worth a lot more than a measly 280 grand.:whistle:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Cheap huh?

Who cares, I ALWAYS liked Bertha's Mussels, Memba them :)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thank God for global warming.

Shame it's gonna take it Years to get rid of you though.

Indeed. Been through more hurricanes here than I could count and all I've gotten so far was.....good and wet.:howdy:

OK..and lost a pier or three. When my brand spanking new gas pumps went overboard in Hurricane Fran..that did piss me off, I admit, but I'm still here. ;-p

You've owned ..what of any real value in this county? You have employed..how many people in this county?