Gun Shots

Pushrod

Patriot
Is that Dahlgren firing its guns this morning? I can here them loud and clear all the way over here in Lusby.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Usually..anytime they are firing, it rattles the daylights out of the big aluminum sliding doors on our shop; said doors facing directly up river toward Dahlgren.

It's been quiet this morning.:shrug:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Is that Dahlgren firing its guns this morning? I can here them loud and clear all the way over here in Lusby.
It's not Dahlgren. I am across from Dahlgren and all I hear are duck hunters. You may be hearing the same thing from the Bay.

Pushrod

Patriot
Some of the booms sound like cannon shot and others sound like semi-auto fire. Been going almost continuously for the last several hours. Sounds like it is coming from down the bay or towards Pax.

I can't believe no one else is hearing this.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Something going on out on the target range in the bay? We wouldn't hear that over on the river side..but you might could.

Pushrod

Patriot
It's not Dahlgren. I am across from Dahlgren and all I hear are duck hunters. You may be hearing the same thing from the Bay.

You know, I think you might be correct. I stood outside for a few minutes and could hear the booms coming from different directions. Some of them must be hunting with 8 or 10 gauges by the sounds of it.

Its sounds more active than deer rifle season in West Virginia.

exnodak

Something going on out on the target range in the bay? We wouldn't hear that over on the river side..but you might could.

It started 1/2 hour before sunrise. It is duck/goose hunters. Those are shotgun blasts. One of them sounds like a 10 gauge and is quite a bit louder than the others.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It started 1/2 hour before sunrise. It is duck/goose hunters. Those are shotgun blasts. One of them sounds like a 10 gauge and is quite a bit louder than the others.

LOL..yup. One of the guys I hunt birds with uses a 10 ga. My son uses a 20..I use a 12 auto. So when we are all blasting away at the same time, you get quite the range of sound in the 'booms'.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm going to get back into duck hunting next year. Looks like the birds have really rebounded. A friend of mine posts pics on FB. They are really blasting away this morning and it's what we call a calm, "bluebird" day when duck usually sit.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I never stopped hunting and maintain a duck blind and area permit..but having just rejoined the club on St. Catherine's after a nearly 22 year absence..I'll be back up ta the seventh agin, dropping shot on Baja's shingles before long.:howdy:

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Some of the booms sound like cannon shot and others sound like semi-auto fire. Been going almost continuously for the last several hours. Sounds like it is coming from down the bay or towards Pax.

I can't believe no one else is hearing this.

Sorry i just farted...lmao! :killingme

Vince

Could be .50 cal. I think tomorrow is the last day of muzzleloader for deer. :shrug: Of course you won't hear any rapid fire with that.

dan0623_2000

Rapid Fire

Could be .50 cal. I think tomorrow is the last day of muzzleloader for deer. :shrug: Of course you won't hear any rapid fire with that.

You can only LEGALLY hunt with a muzzleloader till tommorrow. If you use a 50 cal machine gun you will do ok. If you miss with the first burst you have to remeber to lead them about a foot