First Victom of A PC Navy

seeamovie

I think there were many victims of a pc navy long before this guy, it started in Las Vegas in 1991. With that said, if this guy isn’t smart enough to know that sort of behavior is unacceptable for a leader of men and women, than he shouldn’t be in that position.

jenbengen

Watch it
I think there were many victims of a pc navy long before this guy, it started in Las Vegas in 1991. With that said, if this guy isn’t smart enough to know that sort of behavior is unacceptable for a leader of men and women, than he shouldn’t be in that position.

Exactly. He knew the rules and chose to ignore them. He isn't a victim of anything but his own decisions.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I think there were many victims of a pc navy long before this guy, it started in Las Vegas in 1991.

In 1984, I was an ET1 stationed at a communications station in Hawaii.
I get called in one night to repair the Autosevocom system (secure voice with lots of channels) It's microphone had a narrow frequency band and it was designed with a male voice range in mind.
The operator is a cute female with a high squeaky voice and I Knew it would never work for her. I ran a few voice checks, no problem and then told her the problem was that she wasn't man enough to operate the equipment.

OMG :yikes: you would have thought I'd killed somebody. It went all the way up to the captain and at every step I tried to explain that the equipment would not operate for someone with a high voice. I had to take every sensitivity training program that was available on the island.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Exactly. He knew the rules and chose to ignore them. He isn't a victim of anything but his own decisions.

What he did has been inappropriate for decades. At his advanced rank he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

tom88

The guy is a Naval Aviator. Having grown up in a family lead by a Naval Aviator, I find nothing suggested in this article is beyond the pale.

I think what one does in their home and what one does in their place of employment are two different issues, especially when the person is broadcasting the message for all to see.

limblips

PREMO Member
People are selected for command based on a number of factors, one being good judgement. Capt Honors did not exhibit that trait and will (rightfully) be relieved, probably this morning. I am old school Navy and actually thought they were somewhat funny yet immature, but no excuses for poor judgement.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I get called in one night to repair the Autosevocom system (secure voice with lots of channels) It's microphone had a narrow frequency band and it was designed with a male voice range in mind.
The operator is a cute female with a high squeaky voice and I Knew it would never work for her. I ran a few voice checks, no problem and then told her the problem was that she wasn't man enough to operate the equipment.

OMG :yikes: you would have thought I'd killed somebody. It went all the way up to the captain and at every step I tried to explain that the equipment would not operate for someone with a high voice. I had to take every sensitivity training program that was available on the island.

It sucks that you had to go through all of that but it might have been avoided if, instead of the "not man enough" explaination, you'd simply said the microphone is designed for xxx.xx - xxx.xx frequency band and her voice does not fall within that.

philibusters

Well thats stupid, though you probably could have save yourself some of the headache by telling her voice didn't fit in the range of frequencies the machine recognized, rather than telling her she was nto man enough. But you were not insulting here, just making a technical statement.

Edit: I see the poster above thought the same thing

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
It sucks that you had to go through all of that but it might have been avoided if, instead of the "not man enough" explaination, you'd simply said the microphone is designed for xxx.xx - xxx.xx frequency band and her voice does not fall within that.

:lol: I thought the same thing when I saw the look on her face as soon as I said it.

... but it was 0200 and this wasn't the first :bs: problem of the day.

philibusters

As for the original officer, he made a poor choice in how he handled the videoes. It doesn't wipe out the service of career, but somebody needs to have a sit down with him and tell him what professionalism is.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
As for the original officer, he made a poor choice in how he handled the videoes. It doesn't wipe out the service of career, but somebody needs to have a sit down with him and tell him what professionalism is.
Maybe the PC nimrods need to get their head out of their ass and STFU. Everybody has a cause or is offended by something or another. Pull your big boy/girl panties on and GTF over it all ready. Bunch of pussy crybabies.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Maybe the PC nimrods need to get their head out of their ass and STFU. Everybody has a cause or is offended by something or another. Pull your big boy/girl panties on and GTF over it all ready. Bunch of pussy crybabies.
A quick couple of question, was what he did wrong by Navy standards? Did he know it was wrong when he did it? If the honest answer to these is yes, he should be canned, if not then no.

MMDad

Lem Putt
somebody needs to have a sit down with him and tell him what professionalism is.

Really? You think we need someone to sit down with the guy who runs a floating city with 8 nuclear reactors, 5,800 people, and 70 aircraft and lecture him on being professional?

It's his job to sit down with junior officers and tell them what professionalism is. It's his job to be the face of professionalism. If he needs that kind of hand holding he shouldn't be in command.

Annoying_Boy

Really? You think we need someone to sit down with the guy who runs a floating city with 8 nuclear reactors, 5,800 people, and 70 aircraft and lecture him on being professional?

It's his job to sit down with junior officers and tell them what professionalism is. It's his job to be the face of professionalism. If he needs that kind of hand holding he shouldn't be in command.

Glad to see your the voice of sanity in this conversation.

That pompous, retard needs to to be relieved, immediately.

:popcorn:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
I think what one does in their home and what one does in their place of employment are two different issues, especially when the person is broadcasting the message for all to see.

I AM talking about his public behaviors. Naval Aviators are more like the Tailhook guys than not. Maverick and the guys in the bar in TOP GUN had the Naval Aviator down pat!