States Move to Attack Immigrants’ Rights.....

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Upping the Ante: States Move to Attack Immigrants’ Rights, 14th Amendment

"Happy New Year! Now that we’re all refreshed and refueled after a short holiday break, it’s time to get back to the business at hand: pushing for progressive change that benefits us all — something that’s about to get significantly harder as conservatives harness increased power in Congress and in legislatures nationwide.

One issue we’re sure to be hearing (and talking) much about in the near future is the coming state-level assault on undocumented workers and “immigration reform” — a battle that will have particularly severe impact on immigrant women, who now make up the majority of immigrants in the United States.

According to a recent article in The New York Times, at least six states (Georgia, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Carolina) are now planning to propose anti-immigrant legislation much like Arizona’s rightly maligned SB-1070 bill, which is currently tied up in the courts after being challenged by the federal government and progressive groups on the ground."

Read more here.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
pushing for progressive change that benefits us all — something that’s about to get significantly harder as conservatives harness increased power in Congress and in legislatures nationwide.
... by the will of the people. Not that such minor details matter to the über-elite. :lol:

On another note: when will the idiots find a new word instead of "immigrants"? Nobody with half a brain is buying it. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hate to break it to you, but illegal immigrants do not have rights under our Constitution.

As far as the 14th Amendment goes, I think it's great. Come give birth to your spawn on American soil. Then you go back home and we get to keep the kid. :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Upping the Ante: States Move to Attack Immigrants’ Rights, 14th Amendment

"Happy New Year! Now that we’re all refreshed and refueled after a short holiday break, it’s time to get back to the business at hand: pushing for progressive change that benefits us all — something that’s about to get significantly harder as conservatives harness increased power in Congress and in legislatures nationwide.

One issue we’re sure to be hearing (and talking) much about in the near future is the coming state-level assault on undocumented workers and “immigration reform” — a battle that will have particularly severe impact on immigrant women, who now make up the majority of immigrants in the United States.

According to a recent article in The New York Times, at least six states (Georgia, Mississippi, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and South Carolina) are now planning to propose anti-immigrant legislation much like Arizona’s rightly maligned SB-1070 bill, which is currently tied up in the courts after being challenged by the federal government and progressive groups on the ground."

Read more here.

Somehow your cut and past keeps dropping off the word ILLEGAL..

I don't think anyone has a concern with immigrants, just ILLEGAL immigrants.

Just like nobody is trying to pass new laws that are "anti-immigration".. but they are tryong to pass new and enforce old anti-ILLEGAL immigration!"

Whoever wrote that crap has ZERO credibility.

SamSpade

Somehow your cut and past keeps dropping off the word ILLEGAL..

I don't think anyone has a concern with immigrants, just ILLEGAL immigrants.

Just like nobody is trying to pass new laws that are "anti-immigration".. but they are tryong to pass new and enforce old anti-ILLEGAL immigration!"

Whoever wrote that crap has ZERO credibility.

It's always the case that when they can't win on the issue, they recast it in such a way to make it YOUR problem.

For example, if you were against Obamacare, you're against health care reform. Immigration reform to them means one thing - blanket amnesty. Leave it to liberals to come up with an approach that says "we give up".

Next thing they'll play the forgiveness game and claim we should empty the prisons or something.

I'd like to play the same game, but I don't think it would work. But the idea that a very, very bad idea must be adopted just so we can feel good about something is like enacting Swift's "A Modest Proposal" as a means of controlling population, or Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" as a means of agriculture reform.

Vince

Love how this moron goes through his whole article with "undocumented" instead of illegal. :lol: Well, they must not be illegal aliens then, they're just undocumented. :doh:

bcp

In My Opinion
Illegals dont have rights.

this makes the rest of the story wrong.

nice try though from an American hating POS

E

EmptyTimCup

I think everyone has equal protection under the law .......

we cannot take illegals out behind the court house had hang them (wish it were different, might deter a few) without due process

that said, I heard on WMAL this week, folks talking about changing provisions to modify the Anchor Baby thing ...

basically if one of the parents is not a US Citizen or here w/ Permanent Work Visa them the spawn is not a Citizen ...... and must return w/Mamma to place of origin.