Hillary?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The conversation around my breakfast table the other day revolved around the theory that:

A) Hillary will be running against Obama in 2012; OR
B) Biden will retire to "spend more time with his family" and Hillary will be brought in as VP; AND
C) Obama will then step down to "spend more time with his family" and Hillary will be the Dem incumbent for 2012.

Any thoughts?

I say there's no way in hell the Dems can throw Obama out at this point. They're not particularly good at admitting mistakes, and this would be admitting a whopper. If Hillary runs against Obama, the Dems simply cannot support her in any way. And Obama simply cannot step down during his first term without making the Democrats look like a bunch of idiots.

At most, they will wait until Obama wins a second term, then immediately replace Biden with Hillary. She does a term as VP, then runs in 2016. Of course, this makes her almost 70 when she's waging her campaign, which may or may not matter.

I say Hillary is done and SecState is the most she gets. Possibly she could get a SCJ appointment. But I don't think she will ever wage a presidential campaign again, under any circumstances.

Thoughts?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I actually had a fiver bet going on another forum; I predicted that Hill would be gone/resigned by the end of 2009..and that if that did not happen that she would be too closely/permentally associated with the failed Obama administration to have any hope of resurrecting her chances for a successful presidential run.

So I think she's done....but I also think it's unlikely she will still be Sec State in 2012 too. I would not be the least surprised to see an announcement of her departure show up in tomorrow's papers.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The conversation around my breakfast table the other day revolved around the theory that:

A) Hillary will be running against Obama in 2012; OR
B) Biden will retire to "spend more time with his family" and Hillary will be brought in as VP; AND
C) Obama will then step down to "spend more time with his family" and Hillary will be the Dem incumbent for 2012.

Any thoughts?

I say there's no way in hell the Dems can throw Obama out at this point. They're not particularly good at admitting mistakes, and this would be admitting a whopper. If Hillary runs against Obama, the Dems simply cannot support her in any way. And Obama simply cannot step down during his first term without making the Democrats look like a bunch of idiots.

At most, they will wait until Obama wins a second term, then immediately replace Biden with Hillary. She does a term as VP, then runs in 2016. Of course, this makes her almost 70 when she's waging her campaign, which may or may not matter.

I say Hillary is done and SecState is the most she gets. Possibly she could get a SCJ appointment. But I don't think she will ever wage a presidential campaign again, under any circumstances.

Thoughts?

Unless some major scandal hits Obama that would force him out, there is no way he’s stepping down. Hillary’s posture and rhetoric are in stark contrast with each other, making impossible to know what her intentions are. But she is her own person and I don’t see her riding on anyone’s back (except Bill’s) to get in the WH; and I think she wants the WH. If she steps down in this next year, it would indicate to me that she sees Obama vulnerable to lose in ’12, and I think she runs against Obama. If she stays as SecState, well… It all hinges on how Obama’s popularity swings in the next few months.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hill will take Biden's place....This will set her up to run in '16 after 8 years of the Big O!!

After 8 years of Commander Zero, there won't be an office to run for any more; it will be an appointed position filled by the Chinese administrator assigned to oversee our bankruptcy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Unless some major scandal hits Obama that would force him out, there is no way he’s stepping down. Hillary’s posture and rhetoric are in stark contrast with each other, making impossible to know what her intentions are. But she is her own person and I don’t see her riding on anyone’s back (except Bill’s) to get in the WH; and I think she wants the WH. If she steps down in this next year, it would indicate to me that she sees Obama vulnerable to lose in ’12, and I think she runs against Obama. If she stays as SecState, well… It all hinges on how Obama’s popularity swings in the next few months.

Explain to me how unemployment comes down very much between now and super Tuesday, a year from now? 10% is a tough hurdle.

How does gas get back down under $2?

What will be going on in A'stan 12 months from now? Will the lid still be on in Iraq?

Will Iran actually prove to have a bomb?

Will NK use one?
Will Pakistan fall to a military coup? An Islamic revolt?

Will housing start to recover?

The GOP is already aligned pretty good to take over the Senate in 2012.

Will Obama be able to vilify Boehner?

What about scandal that you mention? Obama did a number of things no one talks about anymore with Chrysler especially that may well be unconstitutional. What he did with GM ought to be against the law if it isn't.
Issa is getting ready.

Did Bubba run to the rescue of the tax cut deal simply to be at the podium one more time?

What if Obamacare is simply declared unconstitutional?

What if he wasn't actually born in Hawaii?

Does anyone actually think HRC is ready, finally, to just go bake some cookies? Does anyone actually think the fire is dead? There is one job above Sec State and only one. Now, maybe she waits until '16 when she is 70 to take on President Romney? Or, maybe, when you lost in a coin toss to Obama last time, maybe you want a rematch now while you still got it, hot on the heels of a, by ALL accounts, solid run at State?

Or, maybe, she quit the biggest job she's ever had, after a lifetime of achievement, setting new heights for women, to just...what? Why quit now if she isn't gonna challenge him? Why?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Biden is Obama's life insurance - we could change their names to More Biden and Les Obama.

Shrill would not be that life insurance. Her name could be Leslie Clinton.

Bush had Cheney - the loonies screamed for impeachment, but the thought of Dick taking over should have been enough to shut them up.

No way Obama gets rid of his life insurance, especially not with someone less divisive.

Besides, Obama's ego will not let him step down. Ever. He's going to run in every election for the next 50 years.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Explain to me how unemployment comes down very much between now and super Tuesday, a year from now? 10% is a tough hurdle.

How does gas get back down under $2?

What will be going on in A'stan 12 months from now? Will the lid still be on in Iraq?

Will Iran actually prove to have a bomb?

Will NK use one?
Will Pakistan fall to a military coup? An Islamic revolt?

Will housing start to recover?

The GOP is already aligned pretty good to take over the Senate in 2012.

Will Obama be able to vilify Boehner?

What about scandal that you mention? Obama did a number of things no one talks about anymore with Chrysler especially that may well be unconstitutional. What he did with GM ought to be against the law if it isn't.
Issa is getting ready.

Did Bubba run to the rescue of the tax cut deal simply to be at the podium one more time?

What if Obamacare is simply declared unconstitutional?

What if he wasn't actually born in Hawaii?

Does anyone actually think HRC is ready, finally, to just go bake some cookies? Does anyone actually think the fire is dead? There is one job above Sec State and only one. Now, maybe she waits until '16 when she is 70 to take on President Romney? Or, maybe, when you lost in a coin toss to Obama last time, maybe you want a rematch now while you still got it, hot on the heels of a, by ALL accounts, solid run at State?

Or, maybe, she quit the biggest job she's ever had, after a lifetime of achievement, setting new heights for women, to just...what? Why quit now if she isn't gonna challenge him? Why?

Are you telling me you don't know what I mean by scandal? :ohwell:

Policies Obama is pushing and passing in the interest of those he believes wants them (and many actually do) does not qualify as scandal; even though his destructive policies should be scandal enough to impeach him. That's how you and I might think; but you know that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about being caught with a stained blue dress, or tapping his foot in the men's room, or a Nixon-esk scandal...

Hillary is very intelligent, is surrounded by good advisors, and her every move is very calculated to advance her purpose. She is leaving things wide open. I'm trying to put myself in her head and not applying political logic. I happen to think she wants the WH badly; but if she isn't absolutely sure she has a shot she isn't going to waste her time.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

There's no way in hell Hillary Clinton should have lost the 2008 primary. She should have mopped the floor with The Great Black Dope. Should have spanked him and sent him back to Kenya. He had so much going against him and she was still riding high.

But she did lose. And you have to ask yourself why she lost.

Voters are mostly stupid and do what they're told. And if they'd have been told to vote for Hillary, that's who they'd have voted for. But they were told to vote for Obama instead, so that tells me Hillary took a deal and backed off.

Obama is the perfect lapdog - not real bright, easily controlled, fairly uninterested in government. If you were going to buy yourself a puppet President, wouldn't you choose him over Hillary?

So why get behind Hillary now? She's almost certainly pissed that she got bumped last time, so it's unlikely they can trust her to play ball now.

Conspiracy theorist, I know. But I always believe there is a lot more to this stuff than what is out in the open.

bcp

In My Opinion
Not sure what it means exactly but, the talk radio shows on XM are except for Ed Schultz's show are all starting to discuss who should replace obama in 2012.
Even on big Eds show, the majority of the call ins are people expressing their dissapointment in the one and their desire to have another choice to vote for.

right now, its not looking that good for the won.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Not sure what it means exactly but, the talk radio shows on XM are except for Ed Schultz's show are all starting to discuss who should replace obama in 2012.
Even on big Eds show, the majority of the call ins are people expressing their dissapointment in the one and their desire to have another choice to vote for.

right now, its not looking that good for the won.

If this sentiment continues and Obama's numbers plunge (again), Hillary will run.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If this sentiment continues and Obama's numbers plunge (again), Hillary will run.

When was the last time someone from the same party even came close to beating a sitting president?

The Democrats will have to get behind their guy. If they don't, and let some challenger bump him, they'll look like a bunch of flakes (yeah, I know...) and will surely lose in the general. And Hillary knows this.

I predict she will not run against Barack Obama in 2012. And that's my final answer.

Pete

Repete
When was the last time someone from the same party even came close to beating a sitting president?

The Democrats will have to get behind their guy. If they don't, and let some challenger bump him, they'll look like a bunch of flakes (yeah, I know...) and will surely lose in the general. And Hillary knows this.

I predict she will not run against Barack Obama in 2012. And that's my final answer.

Reagan v. Ford 1972?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Reagan ran in the GOP primary against Ford who was a sitting president in 1976 (I had the date wrong) Ford barely beat Reagan in the first ballot to be the GOP nominee for president against Jimmah

Okay, I see. But that's part of my point. If Hillary even comes close to Obama in the primary, they can kiss the general goodbye. And they're not going to want to do that.