112th Congress called to order

PsyOps

Pixelated
Watching on TV now and I'm noticing a lot of family members but also an awful lot of empty seats. What gives? I would think with such an historic take over by the GOP the place would be packed. Maybe it's too early.

Toxick

Splat
Watching on TV now and I'm noticing a lot of family members but also an awful lot of empty seats. What gives? I would think with such an historic take over by the GOP the place would be packed. Maybe it's too early.

Maybe bitter democrats are boycotting?

Wouldn't it be ####ing awesome if they went on strike?

bcp

In My Opinion

people are out gathering wood and lighter fluid for the witch burning ceremony.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
OhdearGod is anyone else watching Pelosi now? Recalling Kennedy saying that they are trustees to the Constitution? Whothehell is she talking about cause it sure as hell isn't HER and HER party....

awpitt

Main Streeter

You're probably seeing the leadership tables which make it look like gaps in the seating. The seats on the floor and in the galleries are filled with members and their families.

philibusters

All new Congresses are somewhat historic, but I don't see this Congress as being particularly historic. The Dem's only controlled the House for four years so its not like the time teh Republicans broke the Dems control of the House after 40 years (or was that the Senate?). If anything this most reminds of me of what happened in 1994, which makes it a twice in a generation occurrence I guess.

PsyOps

Pixelated
All new Congresses are somewhat historic, but I don't see this Congress as being particularly historic. The Dem's only controlled the House for four years so its not like the time teh Republicans broke the Dems control of the House after 40 years (or was that the Senate?). If anything this most reminds of me of what happened in 1994, which makes it a twice in a generation occurrence I guess.

Okie dokie