Health care for illegals.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
YouTube - TNReport.com: Rep. Todd Likens Illegal Immigrants to Rats

Watch the video. Is it right to give the health care to the unborn children becuase they will be considered citizens once born, or should any care be held off until they are born.

Curious how people think about this.
THey should be given the same health care as anyone else in the country, then the bill (along with mother father and child) should be mailed to mexico.

bcp

In My Opinion
THey should be given the same health care as anyone else in the country, then the bill (along with mother father and child) should be mailed to mexico.

Although that would be a great idea, somehow I doubt it would be a bill never paid by Mexico.

What I don't understand is why they come here for our non socialized health care in the first place, Mexico has universal care, they don't need to come here for their needs.

unless maybe, just maybe the free market health care system is able to give better care with better results than a social system.

philibusters

Although that would be a great idea, somehow I doubt it would be a bill never paid by Mexico.

What I don't understand is why they come here for our non socialized health care in the first place, Mexico has universal care, they don't need to come here for their needs.

unless maybe, just maybe the free market health care system is able to give better care with better results than a social system.

Health care spending in Mexico only accounted for 6.5% of their GDP compared to 16% in the U.S. When you consider Mexico is a much poorer country per person and has a significantly lower GDP per person, you are probably looking at us spending 5 times the amount that Mexico spends on a person's health care per year. They may have socialized healthcare but they are still much poorer than us.

The other thing is, I don't think they are coming here for health care, I think they come here looking for jobs.

philibusters

YouTube - TNReport.com: Rep. Todd Likens Illegal Immigrants to Rats

Watch the video. Is it right to give the health care to the unborn children becuase they will be considered citizens once born, or should any care be held off until they are born.

Curious how people think about this.

I have said this in other threads, if you close the borders (or at least get the borders so that the amount of people sneaking into the country goes down a lot say 80%, then these type problems will either go away or will become much smaller problems.

I'd give the unborn healthcare. That is a symptom of the illegal immigration problem, not the problem itself and you create new problems by denying them healthcare. The best answer is to secure the borders more.

Pushrod

Patriot
I have said this in other threads, if you close the borders (or at least get the borders so that the amount of people sneaking into the country goes down a lot say 80%, then these type problems will either go away or will become much smaller problems.

I'd give the unborn healthcare. That is a symptom of the illegal immigration problem, not the problem itself and you create new problems by denying them healthcare. The best answer is to secure the borders more.

:yay: Bingo!

bcp

In My Opinion
Health care spending in Mexico only accounted for 6.5% of their GDP compared to 16% in the U.S. When you consider Mexico is a much poorer country per person and has a significantly lower GDP per person, you are probably looking at us spending 5 times the amount that Mexico spends on a person's health care per year. They may have socialized healthcare but they are still much poorer than us.

The other thing is, I don't think they are coming here for health care, I think they come here looking for jobs.

Mexicos health care spending is not my problem.
perhaps they should tax their citizens more to cover it?

They should get no care in the U.S.
Maybe a bus ride back to the border, but no care.

BernieP

Resident PIA

It's called an anchor baby. MAJOR fault in our immigraton laws that congress should correct now - just because you are born here shouldn't give you automatic citizenship.
If the parent or parents are not US citizens the child should recieve their status.
All can apply for entry into the country (citizenship) via the legal route, not by dropping their offspring in a free clinic

bcp

In My Opinion
big problem I see is that the law says someone has to be born here to be a citizen.
if they are giving care before its born, isnt it still an illegal at that point?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
big problem I see is that the law says someone has to be born here to be a citizen.
if they are giving care before its born, isnt it still an illegal at that point?

The 14th ammendment, "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
... has been interpreted to give illegals citizenship. Several states are now claiming the "subject to the jurisdiction" line will allow them to reject this concept since neither thep parents or child is currently subject to U.S. law

bcp

In My Opinion
... has been interpreted to give illegals citizenship. Several states are now claiming the "subject to the jurisdiction" line will allow them to reject this concept since neither thep parents or child is currently subject to U.S. law

It should be rejected based on the 14th, they aren't giving health care to the child they are giving prenatal to the pregnant woman, and she is illegal and not subject to the rights of citizenship.
Its simply a way for them to try and get around the law and include the illegals, or at least a portion of them in the Health care scam.
I see it as one step at a time.
Once people get used to this, they will then continue with medical for the woman for a period of time after the birth, of course some liberal will then claim that its sexist for women to get the care, but not for the men.
So, in order to be fair, its going to extend coverage to the whole family unit, kid, mom, dad.
and although the wording was a bit,,, colorful when described as breeding like rats, the basic idea is correct.
Fast track to health care and citizenship? have a baby and the whole family becomes legal.