Brian Williams...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...has seemed to consider credibility optional to his business model.

Anyone see his interview with Boehner?

Williams has built a pretty solid reputation over the years as being the 'more credible' Pete Jennings, ie, less of a left wing hack and a fair bit more interested in objectivity.

Guess that phase of his career is over. I mean, the crap about the birther business, smoking, what to cut, DHS and the military budget being sacred, each one Williams came at him as an ideologue seeking a predetermined outcome and, one by one, Boehner did a rather solid job of simply responding to the obvious.

Either he was very unprepared for what John might say or, as I see it, he, Williams, sees a value in establishing a more left leaning reputation in the new political landscape of DC.

Maybe he was just off? Just not used to seeing him be vapid because he's not.

:shrug:

ImnoMensa

...has seemed to consider credibility optional to his business model.

Anyone see his interview with Boehner?

Williams has built a pretty solid reputation over the years as being the 'more credible' Pete Jennings, ie, less of a left wing hack and a fair bit more interested in objectivity.

Guess that phase of his career is over. I mean, the crap about the birther business, smoking, what to cut, DHS and the military budget being sacred, each one Williams came at him as an ideologue seeking a predetermined outcome and, one by one, Boehner did a rather solid job of simply responding to the obvious.

Either he was very unprepared for what John might say or, as I see it, he, Williams, sees a value in establishing a more left leaning reputation in the new political landscape of DC.

Maybe he was just off? Just not used to seeing him be vapid because he's not.

:shrug:

Boehners response of , "if it is good enough for Hawaii it's good enough for me", wasn't very impressive.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Boehners response of , "if it is good enough for Hawaii it's good enough for me", wasn't very impressive.

He's Speaker of the House.

One thing he is doing right, in my view, is being humble and respectful of the position. Newts grave mistake was he kept his bomb thrower minority gig going into national leadership and the act wears thin.

Now, I don't know that John will do good for the nation but, I like his demeanor so far.

awpitt

Main Streeter

One thing he is doing right, in my view, is being humble and respectful of the position. Newts grave mistake was he kept his bomb thrower minority gig going into national leadership and the act wears thin.

Now, I don't know that John will do good for the nation but, I like his demeanor so far.

I've been pleased with his demeanor so far. Although I wish he'd required that a quorum be maintained during the reading yesterday. It seemed that as soon as they got through the preamble and a little into artcle one, most of the representatives left, including the speaker.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yay: I like John Boehner. And I like his demeanor and I hope he is tough as steel when he needs to be. I hope he doesn't get weak and wobbly.