Republicans: Sarah Palin or Donald Trump?

Who would you vote for?

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Great, 4 more years of President Obama

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters
If the choice was between Sarah Palin and Donald Trump, who would you vote for in a Republican Presidential primary?

Donald Trump Tells Friends He Will Run for President, Report Says

After months of back-and-forth over whether he might run for president, Donald Trump is now telling friends he will definitely throw his hat in the ring in 2012.

The billionaire real estate mogul has said he will announce his candidacy as a Republican when the current season of his hit NBC show "The Apprentice" ends in the spring, Newsmax reported Thursday.

Earlier this week, Trump told Forbes he was encouraged by surveys that found his business acumen would be seen as a positive by voters.

For what it's worth, I think Trump would be one of a limited number of potential candidates that would, as a general matter, scare the Obama camp - Trump's fit for the task (of beating Obama) and the circumstances is pretty good for a number of reasons.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I voted in the Republican primary, it would be Sarah, no contest. She has better hair.

ImnoMensa

If the choice was between Sarah Palin and Donald Trump, who would you vote for in a Republican Presidential primary?

Donald Trump Tells Friends He Will Run for President, Report Says

For what it's worth, I think Trump would be one of a limited number of potential candidates that would, as a general matter, scare the Obama camp - Trump's fit for the task (of beating Obama) and the circumstances is pretty good for a number of reasons.

How long have you been working for the Obama camp?

Trump is no way qualified for the Presidency, and would only draw away the votes of people who like combovers.

How long have you been working for the Obama camp? How long have you been working for the Illuminati?

Trump is no way qualified for the Presidency, and would only draw away the votes of people who like combovers.

Neither is President Obama, neither is Sarah Palin, neither is ...

I agree. Trump knows nothing about politics.

I don't know about you, but I don't want someone who knows (primarily) about politics for a President. I want someone who knows about leadership and understands general dynamics.

That's the problem with democracy - it picks politicians as its leaders, rather than leaders and those with good decision making skills.

Toxick

Splat
I agree. Trump knows nothing about politics.

And this is bad because....?

#### a bunch of politics. The man knows business and how money works. He knows leadership. He knows how to motivate people. He's charasmatic, smart, capable, fair and not driven by ideology (from what I can tell).

I'd like to know more about is stance on foreign policy - but, other than that, I'd vote for the Donald.

Maybe Palin could be his running mate.

philibusters

I don't know about you, but I don't want someone who knows (primarily) about politics for a President. I want someone who knows about leadership and understands general dynamics.

That's the problem with democracy - it picks politicians as its leaders, rather than leaders and those with good decision making skills.

I don't think Trump would make a good President. You don't need to be a career politician to be a good President, but not having really any political experience, I don't think Trump could handle the partisanship of national politics, nor the incessant criticism you get no matter what you do. To handle the partisanship of national politics you have to at a minimum have some natural political instincts. No matter how much sense what you are proposing is, it won't matter if you cannot play politics. My guess is Trump could manuever some in politics, but he would still be new to the game (as were Obama (new to natioanl politics), Bush (State Gov. not national politician), and Clinton (State Gov. not national politician)).

Plus Trump has never face incessant criticism. Perhaps he could handle that well, but that can turn you bitter. You need to be pretty cynical to not have that type of criticism get to you.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

#### a bunch of politics. The man knows business and how money works. He knows leadership. He knows how to motivate people. He's charasmatic, smart, capable, fair and not driven by ideology (from what I can tell).

I'd like to know more about is stance on foreign policy - but, other than that, I'd vote for the Donald.

Maybe Palin could be his running mate.

:yeahthat:

This is interesting to me, because I've been thinking the same thing. Donald's been talking about it awhile - someone has asked him about this a couple of times- I think it was Hannity. Anyway, for the reasons you stated, I would be for Donald, but I would like to know more about some of his policy stances, too.

He's definitely gotten somewhere in his life by doing something right! And he's raising some decent kids, too. :yay:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I'd like to know more about is stance on foreign policy - but, other than that, I'd vote for the Donald. Maybe Palin could be his running mate.

He may not know politics, but he didn't get to where he is today by being stupid.
Ok let me clarify.... Palin did a great job as governor of Alaska. She leads by example and I like that. She is a leader.

I suppose Trump is a leader too but he also almost went bankrupt. Sarah was a great negotiator for Alaska.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
Read Trump's book a long time ago. Not very impressive. I think Palin has more character. Two years before the election you would have said Obama would not have a chance.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Ok let me clarify.... Palin did a great job as governor of Alaska. She leads by example and I like that. She is a leader.

I suppose Trump is a leader too but he also almost went bankrupt. Sarah was a great negotiator for Alaska.

But he's back again! :getdown: And he has no problem firing people! :lol:

I don't know why, because sometimes he can be such a jerk - but I like the Donald. He is a man who gets things done, is good at delegating and running things. I think he'd make a good president on that basis. I'm not sure of his foreign policy. And on social issues, I think he might be a bit liberal, not sure.

But I also like his Celebrity Apprentice show. :biggrin:

But I'd still vote for Sarah. In a New York minute. :yay:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'd say neither are worthy to be my President. And if either of them are the only choice I will not cast a vote in the next Presidential election.