Rude!

annemayer

Is it only me who finds "christians" the most arrogant,rude people? If I were Jesus,I'd be so pissed these people are using my name. I was waiting for my daughter to get off the bus today,minding my own business. A woman pulls up to me and asks me if her light and signal is out,and I say yes. She then says where do you live - we are somewhat neighbors - and I tell her. All fine. Then,she says "Where do you go to church"? As if it is a given that I go.And then has the audacity to look shocked when I answer "Absolutely nowhere". So she is sitting there,aghast that heathens like me are allowed to procreate,and instead of zipping it and realizing how rude her question/assumption was,she then says "Oh,that's too bad". I say no,I like it just fine. She then says so,how many kids do you have,I answer. She then says "Well,we have a great childrens program"! At this time I mentally invoke a lightning strike,but being a non-christian,I guess he isn't listening and nothing happens. So I say "I don't teach my children things I don't believe". We sit and look at one another and she is on her way. I don't walk up to people and ask them what their favorite sex position is,or how much money they make,so why do people - christians in particular - feel they have a right to be so rude and cocky and to presume you know best for the rest of us?
I am not going to bother asking if I am wrong to think this is rude,because I know what I think about it,but how would those of you who are christian feel if Muslims came up to you and tried to convert you and/or your children? Knocked on your door with pamphlets? Where exactly does this attitude come from? Just curious. I realize this is southern Maryland so I'll get crap for feeling this way,but since I don't care.....let's have at it.

Dukesdad

Is it only me who finds "christians" the most arrogant,rude people? If I were Jesus,I'd be so pissed these people are using my name. I was waiting for my daughter to get off the bus today,minding my own business. A woman pulls up to me and asks me if her light and signal is out,and I say yes. She then says where do you live - we are somewhat neighbors - and I tell her. All fine. Then,she says "Where do you go to church"? As if it is a given that I go.And then has the audacity to look shocked when I answer "Absolutely nowhere". So she is sitting there,aghast that heathens like me are allowed to procreate,and instead of zipping it and realizing how rude her question/assumption was,she then says "Oh,that's too bad". I say no,I like it just fine. She then says so,how many kids do you have,I answer. She then says "Well,we have a great childrens program"! At this time I mentally invoke a lightning strike,but being a non-christian,I guess he isn't listening and nothing happens. So I say "I don't teach my children things I don't believe". We sit and look at one another and she is on her way. I don't walk up to people and ask them what their favorite sex position is,or how much money they make,so why do people - christians in particular - feel they have a right to be so rude and cocky and to presume you know best for the rest of us?
I am not going to bother asking if I am wrong to think this is rude,because I know what I think about it,but how would those of you who are christian feel if Muslims came up to you and tried to convert you and/or your children? Knocked on your door with pamphlets? Where exactly does this attitude come from? Just curious. I realize this is southern Maryland so I'll get crap for feeling this way,but since I don't care.....let's have at it.

Going out and bringing in new folks is part of it all.

What's your favorite sex position? :popcorn:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Your first mistake was not saying "none of your business" to the first personal question.

annemayer

Your first mistake was not saying "none of your business" to the first personal question.

I answered the way I did because I think when someone asks a stupid/rude/nosy question,I want to engage them. I wanted to make her feel as uncomfortable having asked as I did with the question.

annemayer

I also felt like if I said none of your business it makes me look uncomfortable with the subject. I wanted her to know I not only disagreed with her,but I was furthermore loving life doing it.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I answered the way I did because I think when someone asks a stupid/rude/nosy question,I want to engage them. I wanted to make her feel as uncomfortable having asked as I did with the question.

Then why are you complaining about it?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I also felt like if I said none of your business it makes me look uncomfortable with the subject. I wanted her to know I not only disagreed with her,but I was furthermore loving life doing it.

Then why are you complaining?

That's fine, but then don't come on here biatching about her after you purposely engaged her to get a rise out of her.

Dukesdad

:love:Don't have a favorite. Surprise me.

Me either. I like to switch them up. Depends on if I want to be in charge or take direction... Ya know? sometimes it's just do with me what you want and sometimes it's get naked girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coffee:

bcp

In My Opinion
I know how you feel.
Im a Christian, but when those door to door salvation salesmen came to my door when I was in Virginia beach, I suddenly became a desciple of Satan.

I could never get the bastards to join me in an animal sacrifice.

For me to preach to you, you are going to have to ask me to a few times first.
Other than that? Party on, Ill think no less of you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I wanted to make her feel as uncomfortable having asked as I did with the question.

Did it work?

I don't find Christians any more rude than anyone else. And I know some pretty damn rude atheists. So rudeness is fairly universal.

annemayer

That's fine, but then don't come on here biatching about her after you purposely engaged her to get a rise out of her.

How did I engage her to get a rise? She brought up the topic of religion. She engaged me the second she brought up the topic. I simply responded.