Hi cap mags...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...and mass murder.

No one needs a 20 or 30 round magazine, so goes the argument.

So, back to the AWB 10 rounders which you will note in the second half of the above vid. (actually, it's a 15 so, pretend it was a 10).

Now, obviously, 10 is better than 30 if a bad man is using his gun. However, isn't 9 better than 10? Isn't 5 better than 9? Isn't 1 better than 5?

I don't object to the basic argument, in principle; limits on what kinds of guns and ammo and accessories are generally available. However, at some point, it becomes silly and we're tilting at so many windmills given we are dealing with people who are setting out to BREAK the law in the first place. If you are planning on mass murder, aren't you going to work out the logistics and have whatever tools you think you need, even if you have to break the law to get those tools?

So, what gets me about this stuff is why not put all this energy into the actual problem; the criminal?

Why not take the opportunity and rally together to push and accept laws putting pressure on people like this guy and the Va Tech killer and the Ft. Hood guy, people who had built up records of concern over their statements, attitudes and, in Loughers case, records of actual threats?

There is only so much that can be done politically so, trying 30 different plans, magazine bans, no bayonet lugs, dealing with the whole right to keep and bear, I say concentrate the political energy, take advantage of the crisis and focus on the real problem; the shooters.

When you are making death threats, when your peers and superiors are making note of your instability and anger, promote laws and tools that help take the next step to intervene with this people.

:tap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, what gets me about this stuff is why not put all this energy into the actual problem; the criminal?

Stop making sense. This is Congress you're talking about.

I think they should drop all laws and let anarchy reign. Whoever's left standing gets to rebuild. I'm pretty sure smart conservatives would win because violent criminals aren't real bright, and liberals would get a round while they were trying to mediate a threatening situation.

When you are making death threats, when your peers and superiors are making note of your instability and anger, promote laws and tools that help take the next step to intervene with this people.
But...but...that would involve making a value judgment. :frown:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

We're making them now. We are saying, as a people, that this was horrible, this mass murder and attempted assassination of a US congressperson.

I want these people to stop wasting time and energy and come together and do something effective on this and it's not debates over the proper number of rounds in a magazine.

Damn it. Humph.

Mongo53

They'll bring back the serialized ammunition and 40,000% tax on ammunition. If no one can afford the bullets, no crime will take place.

Wait, it you really wanted to commit a crime, you might invest a $100 for a bullet, because the law abiding citizen won't have any at that price, huh?

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Larry, Larry, Larry.......you know that early detection and intervention never works, just ask all the people that have survived cancer because of it.

Besides, intervention would preclude a crisis from occuring and where would our public pontificators be without a good crisis? How would they be able to point the blame on the obscenitity of individual liberty and cast doubt upon the validity of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

Think of the humanity man!:cds:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry, Larry, Larry.......you know that early detection and intervention never works, just ask all the people that have survived cancer because of it.

Besides, intervention would preclude a crisis from occuring and where would our public pontificators be without a good crisis? How would they be able to point the blame on the obscenitity of individual liberty and cast doubt upon the validity of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights?

Think of the humanity man!:cds:

I want what I want, damn it!!!

They COULD do good on this one. Right now.

LC_Sulla

I think they should drop all laws and let anarchy reign. Whoever's left standing gets to rebuild. I'm pretty sure smart conservatives would win because violent criminals aren't real bright, and liberals would get a round while they were trying to mediate a threatening situation.

You've got a big inconsistency there...... :love:

Hey, it's all in good fun, right. Lively political banter. You dishing it out and taking it in good humor.! YEAH!

:buddies:

Vince

I like it!! :clap:

dustin

UAIOE
hi cap mags dont make a difference. and MD's law on mags is dumb.

its like only being able to put 5 gallons of gas in your car because if you go crazy you are not able to run over as many people as if you could fill it up to 20 gallons.

Mongo53

hi cap mags dont make a difference. and MD's law on mags is dumb.

its like only being able to put 5 gallons of gas in your car because if you go crazy you are not able to run over as many people as if you could fill it up to 20 gallons.
Well, if your car gets 5 feet to the gallon, the difference between 5 and 20 gallons is huge.

Yes, I'd agree, most situations you would NOT need to use 10 or more rounds to resolve the situation, BUT, with a high capacity mag just means you have 5 or 20 more rounds left over, in case you do need it.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
...and mass murder.

No one needs a 20 or 30 round magazine, so goes the argument.

So, back to the AWB 10 rounders which you will note in the second half of the above vid. (actually, it's a 15 so, pretend it was a 10).

Now, obviously, 10 is better than 30 if a bad man is using his gun. However, isn't 9 better than 10? Isn't 5 better than 9? Isn't 1 better than 5?

I don't object to the basic argument, in principle; limits on what kinds of guns and ammo and accessories are generally available. However, at some point, it becomes silly and we're tilting at so many windmills given we are dealing with people who are setting out to BREAK the law in the first place. If you are planning on mass murder, aren't you going to work out the logistics and have whatever tools you think you need, even if you have to break the law to get those tools?

Why not take the opportunity and rally together to push and accept laws putting pressure on people like this guy and the Va Tech killer and the Ft. Hood guy, people who had built up records of concern over their statements, attitudes and, in Loughers case, records of actual threats?

There is only so much that can be done politically so, trying 30 different plans, magazine bans, no bayonet lugs, dealing with the whole right to keep and bear, I say concentrate the political energy, takce advantage of the crisis and focus on the real problem; the shooters.

:tap:
They are going the wrong way. I'd prefer to carry several 10 rd magazines then 2 or 3 30 rd mags. 30s are too large, cumbersome and hard to conceal especially when in the gun. Figure I can carry 5 or 6 magazines just in my pockets and a matter of 2 seconds to reload. What stopped this shooter was him taking to much timeo to reload the cumbersome magazine he was using

That and a 30, 10 or single shot pistol wouldn't have made a damn difference to the Congresswoman. She still would have taken the first round to her head.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They are going the wrong way. I'd prefer to carry several 10 rd magazines then 2 or 3 30 rd mags. 30s are too large, cumbersome and hard to conceal especially when in the gun. Figure I can carry 5 or 6 magazines just in my pockets and a matter of 2 seconds to reload. What stopped this shooter was him taking to much timeo to reload the cumbersome magazine he was using

That and a 30, 10 or single shot pistol wouldn't have made a damn difference to the Congresswoman. She still would have taken the first round to her head.

Absolutely.

I've mentioned that in the past. Those things are novelties and actually present the best opportunity for something to go wrong for the shooter, a jam, in addition to what you mention.

Oh, for some common sense.