Someone ask Sherif Dipdunk in Tucson,,,

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...what interfered with him arresting the killer at all the points along the way that he, his office, came in contact with him, the death threats, the warnings and all.

There are VERY few mass killings so, we have a small problem (unless they kill me or you or someone we know) so, it ought to be relatively easy to narrow down people like this guy and the Va Tech shooter whom EVERYONE post killing said was dangerous crazy. Why don't we focus on the problem a bit?

Oh, and, PS, if everyone who comes in contact with you is terrified of you I do not give a rotten rats ass about stigmatizing your mental illness. We're not talking about people having a tough time; we're talking about people who are bat#### dangerous crazy.

A little help for the good sheriff; (this from a doc on the tee vee)

Predictor #1; Substance abuse
Predictor #2; Prior violence.

I am thinking repeated death threats might be in the mix somewhere.

Lets DO something POSITIVE about this instead of wasting these deaths and injured on a bunch of trying to pin this on Sarah Palin.

:buddies:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Lets DO something POSITIVE about this instead of wasting these deaths and injured on a bunch of trying to pin this on Sarah Palin.

but.... but... we're very afraid that other people might think they can be leaders without going to an ivy league law school. We have to crush her

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
...what interfered with him arresting the killer at all the points along the way that he, his office, came in contact with him, the death threats, the warnings and all.

There are VERY few mass killings so, we have a small problem (unless they kill me or you or someone we know) so, it ought to be relatively easy to narrow down people like this guy and the Va Tech shooter whom EVERYONE post killing said was dangerous crazy. Why don't we focus on the problem a bit?

Oh, and, PS, if everyone who comes in contact with you is terrified of you I do not give a rotten rats ass about stigmatizing your mental illness. We're not talking about people having a tough time; we're talking about people who are bat#### dangerous crazy.

What you are describing sounds an awful lot like (gasp) profiling. And in Arizona no less! You wouldn't expect the good sheriff to apply the same techniques in other illegal endeavors would you?

Mongo53

If this Sheriff had said nothing at all, or if he came out and said that current state of the laws about mental tie his hands and he could NOT legally do anything to stop a person that concerned him as being so mentally ill he would be a danger to others;

I would have respect for the man.

But instead, we got him jumping on the band wagon of the sensationalism and false accusations in an attempt to deflect attention from himself.

If the stories are true, that his office encouraged people NOT to press charges against this guy, he ignored warning signs, and if it was because the shooters mother was a fellow County Employee. That would be serious charges, and the Sheriff has some serious explaining to do. BUT, I have NOT seen anything substainsive yet to judge if that is correct and NOT more of the incorrect initial reporting.

Mongo53

What you are describing sounds an awful lot like (gasp) profiling. And in Arizona no less! You wouldn't expect the good sheriff to apply the same techniques in other illegal endeavors would you?
The same state as Sheriff Joe Arpaio, and how many times has he been under bogus DOJ investigations, absolutely raked over the coals by the media and activist groups, etc.

If Sheriff Joe Arpaio made the same sort of political statement in response to such a tradgedy, like Sheriff Dupnik, do you think the media would have reacted the same way?

Yea, Fox News is the Problem. :coffee:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If this Sheriff had said nothing at all, or if he came out and said that current state of the laws about mental tie his hands and he could NOT legally do anything to stop a person that concerned him as being so mentally ill he would be a danger to others;

I would have respect for the man.

I agree with your sentiments, however, it's not that hard to at least get the eval in AZ. I posted this in another thread:

I think most states have some type of laws in place already concerning having an adult (involuntarily) committed for some kind of psychiatric observation. I just Googled and found this:

Any responsible individual may apply for a court-ordered evaluation of a person who is alleged to be, as a result of a mental disorder, a danger to self or to others, persistently or acutely disabled, or gravely disabled and who is unwilling or unable to undergo a voluntary evaluation.
Format Document

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Momma works for the county. I was listening to talk radio and there are accounts of complaints that weren't followed up on, lying about him getting refered to the mental health office et......

seems there a sea of conspiracy - no wonder he wants to point to 'outside influence'

exnodak

Back in the day when people exhibited obvious signs of mental health problems, it was relatively simple for the family or physicians or even law enforcement to have them assigned to an institution for evaluation or to a half-way house facility where they could be observed, treated, and if necessary kept if the diagnosis suggested they weren't suited for regular exposure to society.

Many a homeless person was made a guest of these facilities when they exhibited strange behavior.

The signature of a Judge was necessary, but only to verify that the proper legal work had been done and to make sure there was reasonable cause. In effect, it took a small team to suspend habeus corpus rights long enough to get an evaluation and medical determination.

This was the stuff of many a horrific Hollywood move, and admittedly some abuses at the hands of State employees. There was also commonly a hideous practice of forced neutering of the inmates. No doubt, the system lacked proper regulatory oversight.

Some States operated farms where these residents raised their own food and tended sheep, cattle, etc.

Sometime in the late 1960's, the ACLU made a huge case of this insisting that such "incarceration" was unconstitutional and the institutions set up to handle these people were forced to close. The residents were forced into mainstream society with little or no means of support or medical attention. Many of these are the people we now see pushing shopping carts around town talking to their imaginary friends.

Our entire system of handling loose end mentally ill people was demolished by the ACLU and the Courts and has never been rebuilt.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
With our current PC liberal culture, profiling crazy people is a No No, it's the same reason why all your normal children in school today are required to sit next to the disruptive and sometimes out of control ADHD kids in class now! :coffee:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
:popcorn:

Attachments

• Leftist_Spin.gif
    Leftist_Spin.gif
    79.7 KB · Views: 57

PsyOps

Pixelated

This problem seems to have a common theme... Do nothing for fear of offending someone and blame others when your inaction results in catastrophe. Result, no one is responsible for their own actions - or lack thereof.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This problem seems to have a common theme... Do nothing for fear of offending someone and blame others when your inaction results in catastrophe. Result, no one is responsible for their own actions - or lack thereof.

I am of the opinion we have the problem agreed upon. I am interested in solution.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am of the opinion we have the problem agreed upon. I am interested in solution.

Stop with the PC garbage and start taking action when warning signs crop up. The potential problem I see with this is a "Minority Report" mentality of assuming everyone that exhibits mental instability will end up being a mass murderer.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Stop with the PC garbage and start taking action when warning signs crop up. The potential problem I see with this is a "Minority Report" mentality of assuming everyone that exhibits mental instability will end up being a mass murderer.

That would be bureaucracy getting in the way. There is a VERY limited pool of people who are just inches away from homicidal action. As I have said, time and again, Ft. Hood, Beltway guy, Va Tech and Tucson; these guys SCARED people for some time. They had contact with services where they should have been moved into a category for intervention including arrest if they were unwilling to submit.

We just had another one up here yesterday; young Chinese American male shoots up the family, runs off when the cops show and kills himself. Neighbors are already saying "nice people, good family, known 'em for 10 years...except that son of theirs. Distant. Unfriendly." I expect to hear as it plays out that he had contact with services that needed more authority to act.

Ask THEM, the people, the professional people, who'd come in contact with Ft. Hood man, beltway guy, Va Tech guy and Tucson man; what did you need and when did you need it?