Where is the best place to get ripped off?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Go to Ken Dixon in Waldorf. They can offer to rebuild your transmission for $2,800, then charge you $3,400, give you a 1 year warranty, and then the transmission dies after 18 months.

vince77

I remember my last visit ever to Mr. Tire in LaPlata. Needed brakes....Got a call that it would be $500+..

Asked the guy to break down the costs......told me each rotor would be $134....told him to hold off until I called back...

called NAPA to price them....$34 a piece.....

called him back, he said he'd adjust the price to $34 each........

:howdy::howdy: Mr. Tire

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I need to start a thread..this guy on St Andrews church road reemed us good the other day...J put on new breaks and roaters...needed help w the calibers but we had them already..took them to him (down a drive between 2 trailers last name Abell) he charged $180 just to put them on ..J said it should have been an easy job..what do you all think..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I need to start a thread..this guy on St Andrews church road reemed us good the other day...J put on new breaks and roaters...needed help w the calibers but we had them already..took them to him (down a drive between 2 trailers last name Abell) he charged $180 just to put them on ..J said it should have been an easy job..what do you all think..

Sorry $185

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
..what do you all think..

Any time you take your own parts to a shop to have them installed, you are probably going to be disapointed in what they charge you. Nearly every job they perform is based on earning money from two sources:

the difference between what they pay for parts (jobber) and what they charge you for those parts (retail).

Some shops have a sign prominently displayed that clearly says you cannot bring your own parts in with you..to avoid this kind of incident.

Justme2

How about MR tire California

Does this win me any prizes. Everytime the get it apart it is always more $$$.
:otter:

Last edited:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Any time you take your own parts to a shop to have them installed, you are probably going to be disapointed in what they charge you. Nearly every job they perform is based on earning money from two sources:

the difference between what they pay for parts (jobber) and what they charge you for those parts (retail).

Some shops have a sign prominently displayed that clearly says you cannot bring your own parts in with you..to avoid this kind of incident.

It did not start like that we started the work..they were SPECIAL order parts..we got them then J hurt his arm and could not finish the next day...a neighbor said hey try this guy he will help you..we called said we got stuck and he said sure bring them over I will do it...we usually do our own work or have family in PA do it when we are up there..

$185.00 is a fair price for replacing 2 calibers.
The same amount of labor is involved as doing a full brake job plus the brake lines need to be removed, and reinstalled then the brake system has to be bled and the fluid topped off. If they installed 4 calibers for this price you got a deal.

Nope just 2....

calikid

I second mr tire in leonardtown, went there to get new tires on, they didn't tighten the lug nuts down but set me on my way, half way down the road my tire nearly comes off, they sent some old man smoking a cigarette to hand tighten it and told me "sorry the new guy didn't know you had to hand tighten lugs on your tires" Damn right he didnt...

Justme2

I was going to say Mr. Tire in California.

They ripped me 500, I'm sure they will rip you more if you ask them. Hell you probably don't even need to ask.

But after reading the thread I will now have to say any Mr. Tire

Enjoy

Your right I didn't even have to asked!!! Asked to look at some work the did because it was leaking and before you know it. There it was "Nothing we did" Oh and this is the problem. And there is another 500.00 charged. 400.00 to put back together with out fixing it. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.:sarcasm: :deadhorse :tap: