Maine Gov. Tells NAACP: ‘Kiss My Butt’

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Newly-elected Maine Governor Paul LePage (R) didn’t mince words when confronted about comments from the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) that his actions show a pattern of indifference to blacks. In fact, he had a message for the group: “Tell ‘em to kiss my butt.”

WCHS says LePage declined an invitation from the NAACP to take part in a Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event on Sunday. That upset the group, and on Thursday WCHS confronted LePage with the NAACP’s accusation. LePage, a white man with an adopted black son, didn’t really care what the NAACP thought of him, calling it nothing but a “special interest”:

“They are a special interest. End of story…and I’m not going to be held hostage by special interests. And if they want, they can look at my family picture. My son happens to be black, so they can do whatever they’d like about it,” he said.

Later, the governor‘s communications director told WCHS the governor had prior personal commitments as well as a state trooper’s funeral on Monday. And he didn‘t apologize for the governor’s statement.

During the campaign, LePage made headlines by saying if he were elected he wouldn’t be afraid to tell President Obama to “go to hell.”

Maine Gov. Tells NAACP: ‘Kiss My Butt’ - Patriot Action Network

NAACP, Maine Governor Spar Over Decision to Skip MLK Day Festivities - FoxNews.com

itsbob

I bowl overhand
He'd be a great follow in 2012 to Obama. If we can get a real Republican on the hticket and not a wanna be like Palin

BOP

Newly-elected Maine Governor Paul LePage (R) didn’t mince words when confronted about comments from the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) that his actions show a pattern of indifference to blacks. In fact, he had a message for the group: “Tell ‘em to kiss my butt.”

WCHS says LePage declined an invitation from the NAACP to take part in a Martin Luther King, Jr. Day event on Sunday. That upset the group, and on Thursday WCHS confronted LePage with the NAACP’s accusation. LePage, a white man with an adopted black son, didn’t really care what the NAACP thought of him, calling it nothing but a “special interest”:

“They are a special interest. End of story…and I’m not going to be held hostage by special interests. And if they want, they can look at my family picture. My son happens to be black, so they can do whatever they’d like about it,” he said.

Later, the governor‘s communications director told WCHS the governor had prior personal commitments as well as a state trooper’s funeral on Monday. And he didn‘t apologize for the governor’s statement.

During the campaign, LePage made headlines by saying if he were elected he wouldn’t be afraid to tell President Obama to “go to hell.”

Maine Gov. Tells NAACP: ‘Kiss My Butt’ - Patriot Action Network

NAACP, Maine Governor Spar Over Decision to Skip MLK Day Festivities - FoxNews.com

Finally: a MALE politician with cojones.

:buddies:

Hessian

Like him but....

The Liberals (and Bush) who invited 5000+ Somolian Moslems up there have a ready & willing mob: All they need to do is fire up that un-assimilated population and things will get ugly in Lewiston & Portland.

I do not envy that governor: A state with an entrenched entitlement mindset (Tens of thousands on disability, food stamps, heating oil stipends, rent reduction, school lunch...etc) and high unemployement, lousy healthcare insurance...wow does he have a lot on his plate! We'll see if he can follow the NJ pattern of telling the Unions to go hump themselves.

Good on em...Stay strong LePage!...scrape up $$ to start shipping those Somolian radicals back to their wasteland.

Mongo53

...LePage, a white man with an adopted black son, didn’t really care what the NAACP thought of him, calling it nothing but a “special interest”:

That won't stop the left from accusing or implying he is Racist. And the media will repeat the accusations, and just NOT see it being news worthy to point out the other side of the story, or the context that he has a black son.

bcp

In My Opinion
I do not envy that governor: A state with an entrenched entitlement mindset (Tens of thousands on disability, food stamps, heating oil stipends, rent reduction, school lunch...etc) and high unemployement,

I thought this was about Maine, not Baltimore city and PG county

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The Liberals (and Bush) who invited 5000+ Somolian Moslems up there have a ready & willing mob: All they need to do is fire up that un-assimilated population and things will get ugly in Lewiston & Portland.

:killingme not at this time of year

itsbob

I bowl overhand
He'd be a great follow in 2012 to Obama. If we can get a real Republican on the hticket and not a wanna be like Palin

Vince

I was thinking he'd move down here and run against O'Malley, but running against Obamy is good too.