Can You Say Carter - Gas Prices

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I guess I have to be the old fart to point out that the gas lines and the original crisis happened under Nixon. (R)

Thanks, fella's.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
I guess I have to be the old fart to point out that the gas lines and the original crisis happened under Nixon. (R)

Thanks, fella's.

May have but I started driving in 78. I drove a Delta 88 that got gallons to the mile. I worked hard to keep gas in that thing. Sure rode smooth at 110.

The 1979 (or second) oil crisis in the United States occurred in the wake of the Iranian Revolution. Amid massive protests, the Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, fled his country in early 1979 and the Ayatollah Khomeini soon became the new leader of Iran. Protests severely disrupted the Iranian oil sector, with production being greatly curtailed and exports suspended. When oil exports were later resumed under the new regime, they were inconsistent and at a lower volume, which pushed prices up. Saudi Arabia and other OPEC nations, under the presidency of Dr. Mana Alotaiba increased production to offset the decline, and the overall loss in production was about 4 percent.[2] However, a widespread panic resulted, driving the price far higher than would be expected under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

Annoying_Boy

Gas Prices Continue to Rise - Fox Business Video - FoxBusiness.com

The report says that we can expect gas prices up by another .35. Estimated costs are $300 more per year in gas costs. I overheard other talking heads saying we could have a shortage again like we did with Carter and have to go to the gas station on odd and even days.

Sounds like Jimmy Carter Gas Policies to me.

The media and dumb people get used by Wall Street to justify market manipulation.

Remember when oil was $150 a barrel?

They had dumbass Hank Paulson, the Goldman Sachs prodigy, Treasury Secretary shill saying that price was perfectly justified.

Next thing you know the country shut down, trucking and trains stopped, and he wanted a 700 billion dollar blank check to save the world.

:killingme

Matthew

Thanks, fella's.

I remember Larry, boy do I remember having to get up at 3-4 Am ad wait in a gas line for 3-4 gallons.

What was ironic was to hear King Faisel chastising us westerners as abusers of the oil resources and he was going "to teach" us the lessons of conservation.

This while his myriad"princes" were galivanting all over the world, "conserving".

What he didn't have the cojones to say out loud. The Israelis have been kicking our oily a**e* and you will have to pay for it.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
What was ironic was to hear King Faisel chastising us westerners as abusers of the oil resources and he was going "to teach" us the lessons of conservation.

Obama bowed to him,

May 8, 2007. After 4 years of the democrats controlling congress, what did they change?
The paid off large agri-business with corn subsidies and kept the poor in poverty.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Obama bowed to him,

May 8, 2007. After 4 years of the democrats controlling congress, what did they change?
The paid off large agri-business with corn subsidies and kept the poor in poverty.

Talk is cheap Biatch! I hope you choke on your own B/S...:coffee: