"We do stupid like Nebraska does corn"

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
Make it a crime for doctor to ask you about guns

"Here in Florida, we see so many outlandish political ploys that it's hard anymore to get too worked up about any particular one.

We do stupid like Nebraska does corn.

Still, one Central Florida legislator's proposal for a new law is so box-of-rocks awful that it's worth highlighting.

Freshman state Rep. Jason Brodeur wants to tell doctors what they can say — in their own offices."

Read more here.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Brodeur responded that some patients worry that doctors will compile registries of gun owners and then give that information to the state.

Of course. If Leftist gun grabbers weren't so strident about their desire to disarm the public, the public wouldn't be so paranoid about having their gun(s) confiscated.

And now that all doctors will be working for Beloved Leader, it is completely possible that that is exactly what will happen. So the columnist who thinks this guy is crazy is living in la-la-land.

This_person

Still, one Central Florida legislator's proposal for a new law is so box-of-rocks awful that it's worth highlighting.

Freshman state Rep. Jason Brodeur wants to tell doctors what they can say — in their own offices."
Really, Nonno? Is this really the can of worms you want to open? :lmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
WTF!! This columnist must be the one who invented the self-licking ice cream cone.

Yeah..the proposed law sounds stupid on the face of it..but I would have to see the actual text. More to the point...4 kids and I've never had a pediatrician ask a single one of those stupid questions that the idiot columnist threw out there..the one about guns included.

Has anyone else on here ever had a pediatrician..or any doctor, for that matter, ask them how they store household chemicals or their .357 snub nose?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
WTF!! This columnist must be the one who invented the self-licking ice cream cone.

Yeah..the proposed law sounds stupid on the face of it..but I would have to see the actual text. More to the point...4 kids and I've never had a pediatrician ask a single one of those stupid questions that the idiot columnist threw out there..the one about guns included.

Has anyone else on here ever had a pediatrician..or any doctor, for that matter, ask them how they store household chemicals or their .357 snub nose?

Actually, yes.

We lived in Florida and we all went to Navy hospital at NAS JAX. We got asked all of those questions when one of my sons was sick the first time & I took him in. I lied on the firearms question, because my young child didn't know his father owned handguns (which were secured in a locked box, stored on the top shelf of our bedroom closet, and no ammo in the house at all at the time) and I didn't WANT him to know!

But I think the Representative is right. That is exactly what I thought when I was asked the gun question. It was intrusive and I thought, none of their business. And then, what's next?

I think at the time, I looked it up and the American Academy of Pediatrics endorsed this, proposed it, etc. in order that doctors have the opportunity to provide parents with "educational guidance" on the dangers of those things. Yeah, right.

But I didn't even take time to process all that information when I was in the Dr.'s office. It felt like Big Brother was in the room, so I just lied. :ohwell:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Actually, yes.

We lived in Florida and we all went to Navy hospital at NAS JAX. We got asked all of those questions when one of my sons was sick the first time & I took him in. I lied on the firearms question, because my young child didn't know his father owned handguns (which were secured in a locked box, stored on the top shelf of our bedroom closet, and no ammo in the house at all at the time) and I didn't WANT him to know!

But I think the Representative is right. That is exactly what I thought when I was asked the gun question. It was intrusive and I thought, none of their business. And then, what's next?

I think at the time, I looked it up and the American Academy of Pediatrics endorsed this, proposed it, etc. in order that doctors have the opportunity to provide parents with "educational guidance" on the dangers of those things. Yeah, right.

But I didn't even take time to process all that information when I was in the Dr.'s office. It felt like Big Brother was in the room, so I just lied. :ohwell:

Well I'll be darned. We never had the first question of any kind about the 'home safety environment'. And so what if the answer is "yep..30 firearms in the house". So what?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well I'll be darned. We never had the first question of any kind about the 'home safety environment'. And so what if the answer is "yep..30 firearms in the house". So what?

Well, yeah. But I honestly only thought a few seconds about it. I was only thinking only of my son, (who happens to be the one with the developmental disability) and knowing we, as his parents, had taken measures to prevent him from getting a hold of them, I didn't think I needed to go into all that with him sitting there. He wasn't stupid - he'd have known exactly what we were talking about & would have been asking questions at some point. I felt guilty about lying, but I'm the parent and I got to decide what my son needed to know.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, in any event, I can't see the need for a new law on the books when a simple "Doc, that is none of your damned business" suffices just fine.

If its not OK for the left to create thousands of arcane laws restricting gun ownership (it's not OK), then its not OK for gun rights types to create thousands of silly laws like the one described in the OP article either.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
The American Pediatric Association (the most liberal, leftist medical organization this side of the American Medical Association) has as a standard-of-practice newly intrusive questions such as this. It's part of a formula to determine the child's risks of death, dismemberment or disease. A highly controvercial step, the APA, nonetheless implemented these questions several years ago.

As an added benefit, the APA was the major medical group that pushed the Americans with Disabilities Act a couple decades ago. Look where that got us today.

EDIT: For Gilligen's befit, the APA advises its members to question the children when the parents are not in the room if the parents won't answer the questions.

Last edited: