Now that Dominos has good pizza..

ltown81

We need one in Hollywood/Leonardtown/California.

Ever since they changed their pizza, it is the best take out pizza from a chain in the area. However going to Great Mills Road or Lusby is kind of a haul for pizza. I would gladly trade the Leonardtown Pizza Hut that never has stuff, or drivers for Dominos.

On another note..considering how saturated this town is with restaurants and burger joints, there really is a huge lack of decent pizza parlors. I am talking the kinda place you go in that you get the shaker of cheese and red peppers, and the bring you an old school New York style pizza on a pan. Kinda like what Nicoletti's would be minus the disgusting parts (i.e. the food and restaurant).

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I will stick with PJ's :biggrin:

Domino's is alright, but even if one was in Hollywood area, the only thing I would order from them is the breadsticks :ohwell:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
It's hard to beat the Poppa John's sports team deals. Yesterday they had one for the Caps, 3 goals x2 for a win = 6 free toppings.
We got a large 6 topping pizza for $10

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kinda like what Nicoletti's would be minus the disgusting parts (i.e. the food and restaurant).

If you haven't been to Nicoletti's in awhile, they've completely redone the restaurant. It's all new and clean, and I think the pizza is quite good.

If you haven't been to Nicoletti's in awhile, they've completely redone the restaurant. It's all new and clean, and I think the pizza is quite good.

Maybe the pizza, but I only took two bites of a steak and cheese sub before tossing it. Barfo. The salad bar looked pretty ugly too.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
It may not be the best but you really cant argue with Little Ceasars 5.00 large pepperoni pizza. Cant cook dinner for that price.

BernieP

Resident PIA
First "clean" is something you have to work at everyday, second, the patrons can make or break that "clean" part. I will NEVER get a salad bar there again after watching what people do - taste testing the dressings and other consimnets on the salad bar with theur fingers - unwashed and then licked.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
First "clean" is something you have to work at everyday, second, the patrons can make or break that "clean" part. I will NEVER get a salad bar there again after watching what people do - taste testing the dressings and other consimnets on the salad bar with theur fingers - unwashed and then licked.

Uh, I never thought about people taste testing. Great.

RPMDAD

Used to work at Pax for 11 years used to eat at Nicoletti's i thought it used to be pretty good for pizza and subs. Never really ordered the salad bar Did it take a massive nose dive, food go downhill. Probably haven't eaten there in at least 3 - 4 years.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
:yeahthat:

Another Lido's fan here....

No offense, but it is "Ledo".

Used to work at Pax for 11 years used to eat at Nicoletti's i thought it used to be pretty good for pizza and subs. Never really ordered the salad bar Did it take a massive nose dive, food go downhill. Probably haven't eaten there in at least 3 - 4 years.

They have the best pizza I've had since Ledo's original in College Park. Nicoletti's was very clean. The only thing I didn't like was ordering at the counter.

I also enjoyed the salad bar. The potato salad was :yum:

The posting on here has me gagging.

I have never seen anybody put a finger in and taste at any buffet or salad bar. If I did I would be arrested for hitting them to the floor with my plate. (I would not hit a child but would certainly track down the parent or guardian)

RPMDAD

No offense, but it is "Ledo".

:doh:

Should have known that wasn't paying attention just replying to Vince's post

They have the best pizza I've had since Ledo's original in College Park. Nicoletti's was very clean. The only thing I didn't like was ordering at the counter.

I also enjoyed the salad bar. The potato salad was :yum:

The posting on here has me gagging.

I have never seen anybody put a finger in and taste at any buffet or salad bar. If I did I would be arrested for hitting them to the floor with my plate. (I would not hit a child but would certainly track down the parent or guardian)

I too remember the original Ledo's in College Park numero uno, when we ate there we always ordered a large to go to bring home, with the leftovers.

Yeah i don't remember seeing any one molest the salad bar at Nicoletti's, and thought it was pretty clean. I also thought ordering at the counter was a little strange while eating at the restaurant. I guess it does cut down on staff not having to go to the tables to take orders and deliver drinks.

LadyCoyote

knowing how well food joints do around here, I'm sure there's plenty of room for a Domino's Pizza in the market. Plus the fact that a lot of folks work in D.C.and come back exhausted -- who doesn't like pizza in 30 min or less? :buddies:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
I too remember the original Ledo's in College Park numero uno, when we ate there we always ordered a large to go to bring home, with the leftovers.

Yeah i don't remember seeing any one molest the salad bar at Nicoletti's, and thought it was pretty clean. I also thought ordering at the counter was a little strange while eating at the restaurant. I guess it does cut down on staff not having to go to the tables to take orders and deliver drinks.

We did have to order at the counter (Nicoletti's) The pizza was brought to our table and we were given plates for the salad bar. I do believe the drinks were brought as well, and we were checked on throughout the dining experience. I was just uncomfortable with paying up front while ordering and leaving the tip after.

Dutch has brought several carryout pizza's home since. I've never seen a pizza so heavily loaded and tasty.

Dang...I'm hungry for pizza tomorrow.

See ya'll at Nicoletti's!

I will be at or sitting next to the salad bar smacking anybody who dares to put their fingers in the food/condiments. :wench:

LadyCoyote

The grossest thing I ever saw at a buffet, (and I sheet you not), was at a Golden Corral Restaurant in S.Florida. An older lady, around 70-ish reached over in plain view and picked up some green beans with her crusty-old fingers. She took a bite of the bean, declared they were "not done 'enuf" and then tossed the 1/2-eaten bean back into the bin. I was shocked. I did tell Mgmt what happened and they removed the bin of green beans off of the buffet. They sort of acted like this type of thing occurred frequently. Needless to say I wasn't feel very hungry after that!