Memorial: Dear Yogi

Annoying_Boy

Dear Yogi,

I didn't know you and I regret that now after listening to people discuss your kindness, fierce independence, and conviction to be your own person. It's said that you've had a very tough life, but you never let that stop you; I could tell that by the way you walked down the road with such determination.

You proudly belonged to a great generation of Americans of which many are now in their final years. It's people like you that shaped and built this country. Yogi, you lived a long and proud life during which you were able to witness this country's proudest and saddest moments. But no matter what, each day you awoke, and trudged ahead with great determination and a zest for life.

Yogi, you were taken before your time, and who knows how old you could have become, but take heart that you've left us with a powerful lesson. Your passing has reminded all of us to slow down and cherish each of life's moments because none of us know when our time here will end, or if it's the last time we'll ever see someone special such as yourself.

I'm deeply saddened that I was too busy to stop and hear one of your many stories, see you smile, or just stop and shake your proud hand.

Rest in peace Yogi.

You are truly missed.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Dear Yogi,

I didn't know you and I regret that now after listening to people discuss your kindness, fierce independence, and conviction to be your own person. It's said that you've had a very tough life, but you never let that stop you; I could tell that by the way you walked down the road with such determination.

You proudly belonged to a great generation of Americans of which many are now in their final years. It's people like you that shaped and built this country. Yogi, you lived a long and proud life during which you were able to witness this country's proudest and saddest moments. But no matter what, each day you awoke, and trudged ahead with great determination and a zest for life.

Yogi, you were taken before your time, and who knows how old you could have become, but take heart that you've left us with a powerful lesson. Your passing has reminded all of us to slow down and cherish each of life's moments because none of us know when our time here will end, or if it's the last time we'll ever see someone special such as yourself.

I'm deeply saddened that I was too busy to stop and hear one of your many stories, see you smile, or just stop and shake your proud hand.

Rest in peace Yogi.

You are truly missed.
That was very kind of you to post and I agree with it entirely.

quailridge

Annoying Boy....that was a very poignant tribute to Yogi. I wonder if he had any idea how many lives he touched just in being himself.

BOP

Dear Yogi,

Rest in peace Yogi.

You are truly missed.

Yogi who?

Annoying_Boy

Yogi,

You had a beautiful ceremony tonight.

It was deeply moving to witness.

And I was honored to attend.

Rest in peace now.

millertc

It was wonderful to see how many people were there. I loved hearing the stories about him. I especially liked the young lady who read her school paper about him.