Oil Furnace Repairs

sdm

Which company do you get oil from? That would be the first place to call for a service tech.

sdm

Alot of companies will not service your furnace if you do not purchase your oil from them. Especially this time of year when they are servicing their own customers. Depends on what furnace you have on how you bleed it. Mine is a common SOB and has a trick to it. Some kind of safety mechanism. Actually has 2 safeties... 1 down bottom and 1 behind the fan shroud. Burner guy had to teach me how to bleed mine. I have to open the bleeder 1/4 turn. Then I have to pull the white button out where the door closes at. That will give me a green flashing light over the reset switch. When the light flashes I have to hold the reset button in (approx. 30 sec.) until the green light goes out. I continue to hold til it comes back on and then let it go. The furnace comes on and pumps out oil. Catching spilling oil in a cup... I wait for it to quit spitting and sputtering and has a good stream (no air), then I tighten the valve back up. Whew! What a job!

redheadedhussy

Alot of companies will not service your furnace if you do not purchase your oil from them. Especially this time of year when they are servicing their own customers. Depends on what furnace you have on how you bleed it. Mine is a common SOB and has a trick to it. Some kind of safety mechanism. Actually has 2 safeties... 1 down bottom and 1 behind the fan shroud. Burner guy had to teach me how to bleed mine. I have to open the bleeder 1/4 turn. Then I have to pull the white button out where the door closes at. That will give me a green flashing light over the reset switch. When the light flashes I have to hold the reset button in (approx. 30 sec.) until the green light goes out. I continue to hold til it comes back on and then let it go. The furnace comes on and pumps out oil. Catching spilling oil in a cup... I wait for it to quit spitting and sputtering and has a good stream (no air), then I tighten the valve back up. Whew! What a job!
Damn!!! I hope my husband doesnt have to do all that, he is not mechanically inclined. Thanks for all the help, we called Winters HVAC and they're coming out on Monday. We have electric heaters and a fireplace so we can make do till then. Thanks again every body.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Damn!!! I hope my husband doesnt have to do all that, he is not mechanically inclined. Thanks for all the help, we called Winters HVAC and they're coming out on Monday. We have electric heaters and a fireplace so we can make do till then. Thanks again every body.

Not getting in your business but in my opinion you would be better off finding someone other than Winters; Maybe Boothes or Hancock if your not going with a oil company

They get my vote, too. Always did good work for us when we had oil heat.

I just happened to pick them when we first moved in. Automatic delivery and payment = 10% off of oil cost. I get on the servive plan so anyemergencies cost nada. They have been letting me run out a couple times in the last few years. Don't know what's up with that.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo

There are plenty of furnace repair businesses in the county that truly do "emergency service". My vote goes to Wayne Boothe. He installed a new furnace for me on a Sunday morning which made him late for his mom's birthday party. You can't get much more dedication to customer service than that.

You won't find a whole lot of glowing reports about Winter's on here and the fact that they couldn't or wouldn't do a weekend emergency call doesn't do much change many opinions.

sdm

Lol! I know what you mean! My BF doesn't know the first thing about furnaces so I get to do the bleeding every time. Doesn't really bother me. I like the bewildered look on his face when I am working on it. I guess because a girl does something he can't. Lol!

smilin

BOXER NATION

Monday? You have go to be kidding. Used to be if your furnace stopped, and you had NO heat in 15 - 20 degree weather, they fixed your furnace first.
Burchoil not only came out on a Friday afternoon and installed a part, but when that part broke two hours later, they called another tech to replace it - at 900pm, in a snow storm....

Beccasmom1012

my husband does HVAC work as well Licensed and Insured.Wouldn't make you wait that long to check it.240-298-9060 Ice Man and Son.Located in Lexington Park. In my opinion though definitely wouldn't call Hancock.If I didn't have an Hvac-r mechanic for a husband my 2nd choice would be Boothe's Heating and Air.

redheadedhussy

my husband does HVAC work as well Licensed and Insured.Wouldn't make you wait that long to check it.240-298-9060 Ice Man and Son.Located in Lexington Park. In my opinion though definitely wouldn't call Hancock.If I didn't have an Hvac-r mechanic for a husband my 2nd choice would be Boothe's Heating and Air.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions fellow forumites. We got it fixed on Sunday and it wasnt by Winters. Brother in law knew someone we could call, he came over on Sunday after church and had us toasty warm in 15 minutes.:yahoo: