Local Farmers

SoccerMom2

Where are some local farmer that i can buy meat and eggs from? I want hormone free and free range animals. After watching Food Inc. I will never buy Tyson or Perdue meats again. We were going to go to the place we got our pig at but thats 2.5 hours away by my inlaws. I just wanted some place closer.

* I forgot to add I am in Lexington Park.

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
The Funny Farm in Callaway (next to Food Lion). I buy all my meat and eggs from them, plus a variety of other goodies.

mamissa3

we go to a guy in loveville i think:) my husband knows the name of him when he gets home i will pm you the info if you want it! good prices and good meat:) Ok it just came to me Alvey brothers:)

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Amish, just off a Rt 6 heading toward LaPlatta are many farms, also off 236 heading toward Budds Creek on the left. Ask any Amish and they'll tell you. And you have to ask because there are no websites or phones to call!

We have gotten almost every type of meat, pultry, and fresh eggs from their numerous farms. Also be prepared to drive down the dirt roads leading to the farms. It's actually a pretty cool adventure for the kids to see and learn at the same time.

The below map shows the areas of the farms/communities

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 95

ciwmj

Where are some local farmer that i can buy meat and eggs from? I want hormone free and free range animals. After watching Food Inc. I will never buy Tyson or Perdue meats again. We were going to go to the place we got our pig at but thats 2.5 hours away by my inlaws. I just wanted some place closer.

* I forgot to add I am in Lexington Park.

For beef try Russell Brothers Farming in Morganza.301-475-1633

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Where are some local farmer that i can buy meat and eggs from? I want hormone free and free range animals. After watching Food Inc. I will never buy Tyson or Perdue meats again.
For the last few years I've been buying eggs, some fruits and veges at Giant under the name of Natures Promise but not much in the line of meats. I too am looking for hormone and antibiotic free, grass fed beef & poultry. Does anyone know how local prices compare to name brand stores like Giant & Safeway?

PrepH4U

For the last few years I've been buying eggs, some fruits and veges at Giant under the name of Natures Promise but not much in the line of meats. I too am looking for hormone and antibiotic free, grass fed beef & poultry. Does anyone know how local prices compare to name brand stores like Giant & Safeway?

If Giant is out of a certain cut of Natures promise, ask the meat department and if they have it they will cut you some up. Natures promise is pretty darn good, I buy it up when I go in, & I love their nitrate free bacon. I have found that the Funny Farm grass fed beef is a little bit higher but they also carry the butter and cheese hunks.
I have found a place on-line that ships on Tuesdays from Vermont and it is comparable in price. Beef, pork, & chickens, not certified organic but pretty darn close. I am excited to get my first shipment, Ordered T-bones, (big test for tenderness)!
Ground beef, ground pork, pork sausage and pork chops.