Government closing 2 hours early

granny45

So are the commuter buses from DC going to leave 2 hours earlier? Haven't gotten an email from MTA yet and no update on their website.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
So are the commuter buses from DC going to leave 2 hours earlier? Haven't gotten an email from MTA yet and no update on their website.

The email this morning indicated they would run on their normal schedule but have extra buses on standby in case everyone started bailing early.

granny45

The email this morning indicated they would run on their normal schedule but have extra buses on standby in case everyone started bailing early.

I got that email but that was before the announcement that governement was closing 2 hours earlier. Hopefully they will send out another email.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I got that email but that was before the announcement that governement was closing 2 hours earlier. Hopefully they will send out another email.

If you look at the schedules, the mid-day runs are around 12-12:30 and the southbound evening runs start between 2 and 3, which is about the same time as the 2 hours early closing no? I'm guessing that's when they'll likely add the extra stand-by buses. Good luck and be safe!

granny45

If you look at the schedules, the mid-day runs are around 12-12:30 and the southbound evening runs start between 2 and 3, which is about the same time as the 2 hours early closing no? I'm guessing that's when they'll likely add the extra stand-by buses. Good luck and be safe!

Keller bus website says they are running normal schedule even with the government closing 2 hours early. Bummer. My first bus starts 2:40.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
My office (non profit) is closing at 2, but the first bus at my usual stop isn't until 2:53. Knowing how much time it will take me to grab a Metrobus/Circulator/walk from Georgetown to K st like it did when we had snow in December I may arrive just when the very last Keller Bus of the evening pulls up to the stop.