Help if you can

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I have worked with this sailor on and off for a few years, and never knew what he was dealing with at home.
Please read her story and help if you can.
Please spread the word.
Thanks,
DW

Home Page

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
What a beautiful girl. It's unfortunate she's had to endure so much pain in her short life. Her story is sad, but she's got a bright outlook. What an incredible person she must be.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I will pass this along as much as I can. In the meantime, I wonder if they have tried this?

Donate Van-Vehicle Donations:Handicapped Wheelchair Vans-new tax law best deduction: Need Accessible Used Vehicle-RV for Disabled

It called "kid's fund", but the requests for vehicles are for either children or adults..they only have to show they can afford regular care of the vehicle and carry insurance..

I hope someone can help them, handicap vans are crazy expensive, and she needs to have her freedom!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I hope someone can help them, handicap vans are crazy expensive, and she needs to have her freedom!

You got that right. We (my company) installed a special 'crane' in the back of a minivan to lift the wheel chair in and out. Just the cost of that mod was silly high...I can imagine what a fully handicapped capable van would cost.

Hoover

What a beautiful strong woman. My youngest son was born with ASD. He will be 15 this year. Some people take so much for granite she obviously isn't one. God bless her.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Sounds a lot like my brother. Very similar situation, surgeries from birth until 16 YO for various problems, Scoliosis and the damage to his hips and shoulders from using crutches. He has refused all surgeries since he was 16, even though the doctors tell him he won't live five years without their treatment du jour. The first time he was given five years to live he was 20. He's 47 now.

My brother was 100% dependent on others to get him around until he was 26 when an eye doctor was able to help him enough to get a driver's license. California gave him driving lessons and helped him get his first car with hand controls and a wheelchair lift. Since then he has worked continuously as a programmer and has not collected another dime from big brother, even though he qualifies for 100% permanent disability.

Getting this girl a van would give her the independence and ability to be self supporting, just as it did for my brother. I urge all who can help to please do so.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I have worked with this sailor on and off for a few years, and never knew what he was dealing with at home.
Please read her story and help if you can.
Please spread the word.
Thanks,
DW

Home Page

Thank you all that have helped out.
Home page has been updated.
Please pass around, and help out if you can.

Thanks,
DW

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thank you all that have helped out.
Home page has been updated.
Please pass around, and help out if you can.

Thanks,
DW

Good stuff. I see my name on there and the names of a couple folks who I passed the link to. Keep at it..these things spread.