An Almost Accident

Pulled out from my office onto 235SB. Saw in my rear-view a car coming up fast in the center lane. And I mean FAST. As my speedo hit 45, a small blue Honda with a driver wearing a hoody over his head BLEW by me. I conservatively estimate not less than 65. He continues up the road approaching a tight pack of cars. Doesn't slow down at all. Just as he thinks he's going to slide between all of them at speed, an old pickup truck signals and changes lanes into the Honda's lane. The hoody panics. Brake lights up, smoke from the tires and an extreme over-correct. For the next few seconds I waited for a rollover as he swerved between lanes just missing other cars, absolutely out of control. Had he hit one, it would have been a huge multi-car mess. I don't know how, but he finally regained control. Must have stained his pants, because from there until I turned off he just followed the traffic at normal speed.

Really wish one of the troopers had seen it.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
There was a nasty accident in your 'hood in the wee hours of this morning.

I heard a crash and boom at @ 1:30. It was right after a plow or dump truck passed through. I heard the vehicle back up and take off. Hell if I was going to run outside naked and try to find out what happened.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I heard a crash and boom at @ 1:30. It was right after a plow or dump truck passed through. I heard the vehicle back up and take off. Hell if I was going to run outside naked and try to find out what happened.

Different accident.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Different accident.

There was something here this morning. May have only been a mailbox. I couldn't sleep and was looking out the window as I heard the big truck go by. It went down the street and then back up. BOOM!

It's horrible to say our mailbox is kind of okay (after the trash people took it out a month ago) and our fence is okay. They either hit a car or a mailbox. Once I heard the truck backup and pull away I knew I didn't need to call 911.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There was something here this morning. May have only been a mailbox. I couldn't sleep and was looking out the window as I heard the big truck go by. It went down the street and then back up. BOOM!

It's horrible to say our mailbox is kind of okay (after the trash people took it out a month ago) and our fence is okay. They either hit a car or a mailbox. Once I heard the truck backup and pull away I knew I didn't need to call 911.

This accident happened about 230am. Took out part of the neighbor's yard and fence. Fire and police on the scene. Driver left in handcuffs. :yay:

This accident happened about 230am. Took out part of the neighbor's yard and fence. Fire and police on the scene. Driver left in handcuffs. :yay:

Saw it on my way out this morning. Tire tracks across one yard, up an incline and culvert, over the road, thru another culvert and into the guy's brand new fence. The car had to be traveling pretty fast.

Wenchy

Hot Flash

I believe I heard a hit and run. Big truck, me naked, icy roads. No way. He's deaf and didn't hear a thing.

The roads were bad and I'm glad only fences and yards were taken out.

Dutch was ready to kill the people who took out his fancy mailbox.

I choose my fights. :lol:

LadyCoyote

Pulled out from my office onto 235SB. Saw in my rear-view a car coming up fast in the center lane. And I mean FAST. As my speedo hit 45, a small blue Honda with a driver wearing a hoody over his head BLEW by me. I conservatively estimate not less than 65. He continues up the road approaching a tight pack of cars. Doesn't slow down at all. Just as he thinks he's going to slide between all of them at speed, an old pickup truck signals and changes lanes into the Honda's lane. The hoody panics. Brake lights up, smoke from the tires and an extreme over-correct. For the next few seconds I waited for a rollover as he swerved between lanes just missing other cars, absolutely out of control. Had he hit one, it would have been a huge multi-car mess. I don't know how, but he finally regained control. Must have stained his pants, because from there until I turned off he just followed the traffic at normal speed.

Glad nobody in the vicinity was hurt. People who drive like that have every right to screw up their own cars and bodies / lives. But sadly too many innocent people get hurt this way. Lotta that going on, too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Saw it on my way out this morning. Tire tracks across one yard, up an incline and culvert, over the road, thru another culvert and into the guy's brand new fence. The car had to be traveling pretty fast.

I took a spin through on my way home and checked it out. Nice work numb-nuts! :yay:

ciwmj

This type of driving is getting worse.As far a a trooper seeing it ,remember the old saying" where is a cop when you need one". Never fails.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I think kids like that should be consigned to a 250cc motorcycle for not less than one year.

Those "kids" are around 30 now. I work with people who are like that. They won't use the air conditioning because it wastes gas, yet they spin their tires in the parking lot and race everywhere they go.

You can take the boy out of the inbreeding, but you can't take the inbreeding out of the boy.

Those "kids" are around 30 now. I work with people who are like that. They won't use the air conditioning because it wastes gas, yet they spin their tires in the parking lot and race everywhere they go.

You can take the boy out of the inbreeding, but you can't take the inbreeding out of the boy.

Sorry, but that last part makes no sense at all to me.