Sprint reception in SOMD

Ohiogirl

Currently we have Verizon, never had an issue with dropped calls, but the bill seems to be increasing every month.
I'm thinking about switching to Sprint, but have heard that their reception isn't as good as Verizon.
Anyone have Sprint? Likes or gripes?

bluesmom31

Currently we have Verizon, never had an issue with dropped calls, but the bill seems to be increasing every month.
I'm thinking about switching to Sprint, but have heard that their reception isn't as good as Verizon.

I have 3 lines with sprint service and I have not had any problems with my service.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Thinking about that also, since they took away the new every two year program verizon just doesn't seem worth it.

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
I've have 2 lines with them for 3 years and it all depends on where you are in the county. Verizon has a monopoly on most of the towers around places like Lex Park, Hollywood, and Mechanicsville. You can get service in those areas but it can be spotty depending on the type of phone you have. I will say though Sprint does have excellent service in the 7th District and Tall Timbers areas 4 bars all the way whereas our verizon was 'out of area' in those places. Honestly, I've been very happy with them and they haven't raised my bill once, just make sure your plan is what you need as opposed to what you want. Welcome to not being thrown over a barrel every month :howdy:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Define SOMD. Verizon is about the only thing that works South of gate 3. Sprint? Forget about it.

pelers

When I first moved out here I was up in the Mechanicsville area and got zero service with Sprint. They actually let me out of my contract (without fussing). Switched to Verizon and haven't had any major issues (or an increasing bill except when I've changed plans). I've found two dead spots, just enough to drop a call about half the time you hit them. One at the "flood zone" on Baptist Church Rd in Mechanicsville, one at the 4-way stop in Clements.

FED_UP

Lets see, paying about 200 a month for 4 phones w verizon, so 2,400 bucks a year, have to pay for that luxury. What about when we did not have cell phones, the home phone, or phone booth was just fine. Could have another new car. :cds:

Beta84

They're out to get us
Verizon quietly scraps "new every two" credit - Jan. 13, 2011

"A simpler program is being introduced to replace the 10-year-old 'new every two' and annual upgrade programs," Verizon Wireless said in a written statement. "Customers who sign up for service on or after January 16 will still be eligible to upgrade their devices at current promotional prices well before their contract expires -- after 10 months on one-year contracts, after 20 months on two-year contracts."

Customers under contract before Jan. 16 will be grandfathered in and can use the credit one last time. That means next month's iPhone buyers will be able to use the additional discount -- if they've been with Verizon for more than two years. With the additional credit, they'll be able to get an iPhone for $100 to $170, depending on the terms of their contract.

I'm not sure if the promotional prices are lower or higher but it sounds like they're simplifying the process, not cutting the discount entirely. Do any other phone companies have that new every two? They were calling the Verizon new every two a "unique" plan.

And since when is the Verizon bill getting higher each month? Once you sign a contract it's the same price every month unless you go over by more and more each month :lmao:

poster

I've have 2 lines with them for 3 years and it all depends on where you are in the county. Verizon has a monopoly on most of the towers around places like Lex Park, Hollywood, and Mechanicsville. You can get service in those areas but it can be spotty depending on the type of phone you have. I will say though Sprint does have excellent service in the 7th District and Tall Timbers areas 4 bars all the way whereas our verizon was 'out of area' in those places. Honestly, I've been very happy with them and they haven't raised my bill once, just make sure your plan is what you need as opposed to what you want. Welcome to not being thrown over a barrel every month :howdy:

?? I have 0 service in Tall Timbers with Sprint.
I travel to St. George's Island via Indian Bridge Rd and lose service about half way down Indian Bridge then get service again in Callaway and it's gone again about half way to the island.
Actually like it though, nice to be able to turn off the phone.

And since when is the Verizon bill getting higher each month? Once you sign a contract it's the same price every month unless you go over by more and more each month :lmao:

I had the basic plans, low cost. Nearly everytime I went in to get a new phone, it was , "Oh BTW, if you want that phone you have to upgrade your plan. Your old plan is no longer valid and can't be grandfathered if you get a new phone."

I wound up staying with the same basic phone for years to avoid cost increases.

BELDsmom

I have Sprint , live in Mechanicsville and LOVE it. I've never had a droppped call. So welcome to the dark side :buddies:

JMoney8103

Define SOMD. Verizon is about the only thing that works South of gate 3. Sprint? Forget about it.

I disagree. I play in a dart league out of the Ridge American Legion. When I had my Verizon cell I never had any service down there. Now that I've switched to Sprint, I have full signal. I switched last April and the Sprint Plan is so much better than Verizon's was. I travel a lot and haven't had any problems with the Sprint coverage.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I had the basic plans, low cost. Nearly everytime I went in to get a new phone, it was , "Oh BTW, if you want that phone you have to upgrade your plan. Your old plan is no longer valid and can't be grandfathered if you get a new phone."

I wound up staying with the same basic phone for years to avoid cost increases.
Ah fair enough. They always change the plans. Sometimes the plans aren't necessarily more expensive, but the plan you had 2 years ago is rarely the same one you'll get with your next phone since things change. But sometimes the price is the same and you just have to change your plan a little. Every company seems to do that.

I disagree. I play in a dart league out of the Ridge American Legion. When I had my Verizon cell I never had any service down there. Now that I've switched to Sprint, I have full signal. I switched last April and the Sprint Plan is so much better than Verizon's was. I travel a lot and haven't had any problems with the Sprint coverage.

yup, I've heard Sprint works down that way but AT&T pretty much doesn't. Verizon may not have full signal but I've had signal at the Legion...