Urgent Care - AAMC - Prince Frederick

johnjrval424

I recall seeing an advertisement in the Calvert Recorder some time ago for a new urgent care center that opened in Prince Frederick. I believe it was in the vicinity of the Office Depot?

I tried to locate it today but couldn't find it in that shopping center. Has anyone else heard of this urgent care center or am I imaging things...again...

Thanks!

The centers, which treat adults and children for minor medical emergencies, have lab and X-ray services on-site. No appointment is needed and insurance billing is available.

The centers are open weekdays from 5-10 p.m. and weekends from noon - 10 p.m. at the following locations:

Dunkirk Urgent Care
(in the Dunkirk Medical Center across from McDonald's)
10845 Town Center Blvd.
Dunkirk, MD 20754
(410) 286-7911
Get Directions

Solomons Medical Center
(in the Solomons Medical Center next to the car wash)
14090 H.G. Trueman Road
Solomons, MD 20688
(410) 394-2800
Get Directions

johnjrval424

Thanks Speedy.

I knew about them (they are affiliated with Calvert Internal/CMH) and are great in a pinch.

I remember this office being associated with Anne Arundel Medical Center and thought it may have been in the building behind Office Depot (where LabCorp is located) but their directory (which lists many AAMC doctors) did not have an urgent care listing.

It would be nice to have an urgent care center in Prince Frederick. After all, aren't we larger than Dunkirk?

lak

I recall seeing an advertisement in the Calvert Recorder some time ago for a new urgent care center that opened in Prince Frederick. I believe it was in the vicinity of the Office Depot?

I tried to locate it today but couldn't find it in that shopping center. Has anyone else heard of this urgent care center or am I imaging things...again...

Thanks!

Calvert Convenient Care
995 Prince Frederick Blvd, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
(410) 535-5660

Could this be it? I thought it was in the office building behind the shopping center by the new light on Stoakely and Prince Frederick Blvd.

johnjrval424

Calvert Convenient Care
995 Prince Frederick Blvd, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
(410) 535-5660

Could this be it? I thought it was in the office building behind the shopping center by the new light on Stoakely and Prince Frederick Blvd.

:yahoo: YES! I believe that is the name of it - but it isn't located in the office building behind Office Depot. I actually went inside the lobby area and looked at the directory board - no listing of any urgent or "convenient" care center in the building.

I'll google the name and see what I can find - thanks! :love:

johnjrval424

That doesn't sound like an urgent care, but more like a family doctor who has convenient hours.

You're probably right - it isn't "urgent care" per se but when I need to see someone on short notice and the other doctor's offices close at 5:30, this sounds pretty convenient.

It is very frustrating when you don't get back into town until 4:30 or later and the doctors never seem to have late enough hours.

jedi2814

Thanks!

AAMC leased office space in that building before it was finished with the idea of first doing something like Nighttime Pediatrics. For whatever reason that was changed to possibly using the space for MDs like the perinatologists from Annapolis to have office hours here on certain days of the week, but that isn't happening either. The space is empty at the moment and will probably remain so for awhile as AAMC, like a lot of hospitals, is experiencing significant budget shortfalls.

mdff21

Calvert Internal Medicine in PF has or at least used to (2 months ago) had evening hours, until 7. If you need care that is urgent there is always the ER. They'll triage you there so that the emergencies will be going ahead of the urgent ones which will go ahead of the stumped toes.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
Calvert Internal Medicine in PF has or at least used to (2 months ago) had evening hours, until 7. If you need care that is urgent there is always the ER. They'll triage you there so that the emergencies will be going ahead of the urgent ones which will go ahead of the stumped toes.

I think they're actually open until 8pm. I was just there 2 weeks ago and I think that's what the sign said. Never knew they had evening hours.