Jane Harman (D-CA) Resigning from Congress

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Another one leaving...
In a letter to constituents, Harman said that if she gets the post, she will remain in Congress "for some weeks" and will "do everything possible to ensure an orderly transition to whomever is elected to succeed me."

"This is an excruciating decision because the distinction of representing the smartest constituents on Earth will never be surpassed ... But shaping and leading the Wilson Center is a thrilling new challenge. I have always believed that the best solutions to tough problems require a bipartisan approach, and bipartisanship is the center's 'brand,'" she wrote.

Harman, the nine-term congresswoman who represents California's 8th Congressional District, is known for her disputes with Pelosi, who famously prevented Harman from becoming chairwoman of the House Intelligence Committee when Democrats regained the majority in 2007.

She is also married to billionaire Sidney Harman, who last year bought Newsweek magazine for $1.

According to a friend, who spoke to Politico newspaper about Harman's plans, the congresswoman was ready for a new challenge.

Longtime Rep. Jane Harman to Quit Congress - FoxNews.com

ImnoMensa

I have always believed that the best solutions to tough problems require a bipartisan approach, and bipartisanship is the center's 'brand,'" she wrote.

I guess that means that she often voted with Republicans and against Pelosi?

Bwahahahahahahahahahha

Give me break.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
It woud appear Nancy Pelosi and her far-left Liberals stand to benefit from this decision. Now it is more likely a very far left-leaning Democrat will be appointed to replace Harman (Jerry Brown is making that decision, remember). That will further polarize the House another click to the left. The replacement will be there the reamainder of the term (2012) to further vex the Conservatives of both parties.

SamSpade

It woud appear Nancy Pelosi and her far-left Liberals stand to benefit from this decision. Now it is more likely a very far left-leaning Democrat will be appointed to replace Harman (Jerry Brown is making that decision, remember). That will further polarize the House another click to the left. The replacement will be there the reamainder of the term (2012) to further vex the Conservatives of both parties.

I thought that Brown's job was to schedule a special election?