Missing Kids - Calvert Co./ Feb-4-11

poster

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Think they went missing between noon and 1pm.... and they were on it fast!

.... and kids can cover lots of ground in a short amt of time :yay:

Vince

I just came across this today.

Search for Missing Kids, Deputy Injured - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

I don't know how far one road is from the other but I'm guessing it's a good distance. Wonder if the 'adult in charge' was reprimanded in some way.
I know accidents can happen but a 6 & 4 yr old unattended in cold weather?It'd be interesting to know what the time gap was on this.
You're kidding right? They were in the dayum backyard. The stupid kids ran off and you want to blame the adult? :doh:

poster

You're kidding right? They were in the dayum backyard. The stupid kids ran off and you want to blame the adult? :doh:

No, I'm not kidding. You expect anyone you'd leave in care of your kids to be with them at all times so why would you exclude yourself as a parent. If they're outside, you're outside....you need to go inside, then so do they.

Glad they found them quickly.

party301

i'll think of one.....
okay, so don't take this the wrong way or anything, but the deputy fell, striking their head and for this they needed to be flown to PG? Seriously? this seems like a waste of resources to me. and i'm usually pretty supportive about our police getting special attention that most of us would not get. Now if it turns out that the officers head had split open and his skull fractured then by all means i take this back. But for what sounds like a probable concussion i think a flight to PG is a little overkill.

okay, so don't take this the wrong way or anything, but the deputy fell, striking their head and for this they needed to be flown to PG? Seriously? this seems like a waste of resources to me. and i'm usually pretty supportive about our police getting special attention that most of us would not get. Now if it turns out that the officers head had split open and his skull fractured then by all means i take this back. But for what sounds like a probable concussion i think a flight to PG is a little overkill.
Good thing they leave the decision for life-flight up to the EMTs on site rather than us Monday morning quarterbacks. :smile:

party301

i'll think of one.....
Good thing they leave the decision for life-flight up to the EMTs on site rather than us Monday morning quarterbacks. :smile:

which is why i noted that the article could have used a little more information. such that the average reader wouldn't assume that this flight was a waste of resources. i'm just saying i have seen many examples where members of the police force have been airlifted somewhere as a precaution where you and i would not. and i don't normally have a problem with this as these individuals are putting a lot on the line for us with very little respect from most of us. it just seemed like a bumb to the head is a little excessive even for me.

LadyCoyote

No, I'm not kidding. You expect anyone you'd leave in care of your kids to be with them at all times so why would you exclude yourself as a parent. If they're outside, you're outside....you need to go inside, then so do they.

Glad they found them quickly.

I agree. Kids need to be have an eye on them -- esp. kids that are 4 or 6 years of age. Many kids who are abducted were in their own front yard. CNN's Nancy Grace is doing a special on Missing People right now and it's alarming, but reality. As well, kids need to be aware of the boundaries -- that you don't wander off, etc. and have consequences if they do break the rules. Kids could have fell into the creek, went hypothermic, knocked on the door of a pedophile, been taken by a stranger, etc.. We live in a broken world. Darn lucky they were okay and I'm so glad it had a good ending.

mdff21

In order to get a helicopter to transport a patient, EMT's or Paramedics on the scene have to evaluate the patient and request a helicopter. Depending on the condition of the patient, normally something that is not life threatening a consult with the hospital has to be done. The doctor on the other end makes the final decision as to whether the patient is flown or not. Don't Monday morning quarterback why a patient is flown without having all the details, more goes into a medivac transport than saying let's fly this one. Granted police and fire do get flown more often when injured because fire and police want the best treatment for their brothers and sisters. Just because it is a firefighter or police officer is not an automatic flyout.