Refresh my memory please

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Where was the old Ark & Dove/Black-Eyed Susan/Roadhouse/etc? As in, what is there now?

And why hasn't someone taken over Pennie's and done something with it?

awpitt

Main Streeter
aHA! That's why I couldn't remember, because the whole building has been changed. Thank you!

The building isn't there anymore. It was located in what is now the Foodlion parking lot closest to the store on the corner.

That place seemed to change name every six months.

County_Boy

Where was the old Ark & Dove/Black-Eyed Susan/Roadhouse/etc? As in, what is there now?

And why hasn't someone taken over Pennie's and done something with it?

Pennies.....The building and property were purchased from
the previous owners (Pennie's son and daughter)
for about a million dollars by Wm Davis who had plans to
demolish the buildings and develop the total property ...Motel,
businesses etc. I think the present state of the economy has slowed
him down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pennies.....The building and property were purchased from
the previous owners (Pennie's son and daughter)
for about a million dollars by Wm Davis who had plans to
demolish the buildings and develop the total property ...Motel,
businesses etc. I think the present state of the economy has slowed
him down.

Thanks! Was wondering because that seems like a great piece of property (not the building, that would have to be torn down) and I couldn't figure out why someone hasn't made some fun place there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Thanks! Was wondering because that seems like a great piece of property (not the building, that would have to be torn down) and I couldn't figure out why someone hasn't made some fun place there.

The couple of times I had been in there, it smelled like mothballs. :dead:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I couldn't figure out why someone hasn't made some fun place there.

I used to be a LOT of fun back in the day. It was the official 'middle meeting point' where brawls were regularly held between the boys from Old Gum and 7D and those from south county.:killingme

As was noted in an earlier post..all the structures on the property now will be demolished eventually....and they need to be.

aHA! That's why I couldn't remember, because the whole building has been changed. Thank you!

YVW.

Ahh... the early 90's... 2001 (the band - I think that's what they were calling themselves, someone please correct my memory if it's failing me)... and Pennies. The proverbial good 'ole days.

You're probably too young to remember that though.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ahh... the early 90's... 2001 (the band - I think that's what they were calling themselves, someone please correct my memory if it's failing me)... and Pennies. The proverbial good 'ole days.

You're probably too young to remember that though.

My dear, I remember it well. Chip and Adam were good buds of mine.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Do you remember when Crazy Fingers used to play at Capt'n Tom's Oar House and at the Ark & Dove/Blarney Stone/Black-Eyed Susan? They also opened up for the Atlanta Rhythm Section when they played down at St. Mary's College.

They were "my" band, and I loved hanging out with those guys. :otter:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Do you remember when Crazy Fingers used to play at Capt'n Tom's Oar House and at the Ark & Dove/Blarney Stone/Black-Eyed Susan? They also opened up for the Atlanta Rhythm Section when they played down at St. Mary's College.

They were "my" band, and I loved hanging out with those guys. :otter:

I remember when Fog Hat played at the Ark & Dove/Blarney Stone/Black-Eyed Susan.