Fire Started On A School Bus

royhobie

hobieflyer
First of all, what were these kids thinking? Second of all, what were they doing with a lighter when smoking is not allowed on school grounds by students in the first place? They now can face expulsion from this and any other school. And if they started a fire on a "confined bus with students", do you think they could have used the lighter to do the same once they reached the school? They face arson and perhaps endangerment charges, depending upon how severe law enforcement wants to make it for these kids. Any way you look at it, I doubt now they could ever get in to any College. And probably would not pass a security clearance check. And yes, the government has the authority to see what you did when you were a kid.

Posted on February 10, 2011

LEONARDTOWN, Md. (February 10, 2011) – Deputy State Fire Marshals have charged two fifteen year-old male juveniles in connection with burning combustible materials on an occupied school bus.

At approximately 2:40 p.m. on Thursday during transport from Fairlead Academy to Leonardtown High School, the driver of the bus smelled an odor of smoke and brought the bus to a stop in the 21400 block of Point Lookout Road in Callaway. Upon inspection, he found students stomping out the burned remains of papers on the floor of the bus. The driver made immediate notification to authorities and continued transport to the high school.

A joint investigation by both the Office of the State Fire Marshal and the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s School Resource Officer determined the two students ignited schoolwork papers with a cigarette lighter. Both juveniles have been charged with Malicious Burning of Personal Property and were released to the custody of their parents pending review before the Department of Juvenile Services.

If found guilty of the charges, they each face a penalty of eighteen months imprisonment and/or $500 in fines.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
This is not the first time in history two 15 yo boys lit something on fire, nor will it be the last. It doesn't mean they will be serial arsonists or blow the school up. They are stupid kids. they will be fine getting into college, and position of public trust (what most people have on base) check generally goes back 10 years or until your 18th birthday if under 28. The freakin kids will be fine. No need to be hysterical about totally normal stupid 15 yo behavior.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This is not the first time in history two 15 yo boys lit something on fire, nor will it be the last. It doesn't mean they will be serial arsonists or blow the school up. They are stupid kids. they will be fine getting into college, and position of public trust (what most people have on base) check generally goes back 10 years or until your 18th birthday if under 28. The freakin kids will be fine. No need to be hysterical about totally normal stupid 15 yo behavior.

You know, they could grow up to be a tail-gating base cop that delivers pizza. :shrug:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Unless it was someone else's schoolwork they torched and not their own. Then they should get the chair.

Beta84

They're out to get us
First of all, what were these kids thinking? Second of all, what were they doing with a lighter when smoking is not allowed on school grounds by students in the first place? They now can face expulsion from this and any other school. And if they started a fire on a "confined bus with students", do you think they could have used the lighter to do the same once they reached the school? They face arson and perhaps endangerment charges, depending upon how severe law enforcement wants to make it for these kids. Any way you look at it, I doubt now they could ever get in to any College. And probably would not pass a security clearance check. And yes, the government has the authority to see what you did when you were a kid.

They're dumb kids.
They're dumb kids.
Probably, they're dumb kids. They may have lit a bug on fire or a piece of paper.
You'd be surprised
You never know. But how many people ever need to pass security checks anyway?

Let's repeat. Dumb...kids. Dumb...kids. That's all.

bcp

In My Opinion
Seems to me that those unparented little bastages put a bunch of other kids, the driver and anyone else on the road in danger.

I say fine them, throw them off the bus system and out of school for the rest of the year, then fine the parents for not planting their foot up the little bastages ass on a more regular basis.

they want to burn their own house down or douse each other in gasoline and light each other up, thats fine. But not at the expense of others.

L

letmetellyou

Posted on February 10, 2011

LEONARDTOWN, Md. (February 10, 2011) – Deputy State Fire Marshals have charged two fifteen year-old male juveniles in connection with burning combustible materials on an occupied school bus.

At approximately 2:40 p.m. on Thursday during transport from Fairlead Academy to Leonardtown High School, the driver of the bus smelled an odor of smoke and brought the bus to a stop in the 21400 block of Point Lookout Road in Callaway. Upon inspection, he found students stomping out the burned remains of papers on the floor of the bus. The driver made immediate notification to authorities and continued transport to the high school.

A joint investigation by both the Office of the State Fire Marshal and the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s School Resource Officer determined the two students ignited schoolwork papers with a cigarette lighter. Both juveniles have been charged with Malicious Burning of Personal Property and were released to the custody of their parents pending review before the Department of Juvenile Services.

If found guilty of the charges, they each face a penalty of eighteen months imprisonment and/or $500 in fines.

Something tells me someone got that wrong.

:howdy:

L

letmetellyou

You know, they could grow up to be a tail-gating base cop that delivers pizza. :shrug:

Good point. I think roy should take a pen out of that protector and zip off a letter to the editor.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So when I burned all the crap from an ex gf, I could have been charged with:
Malicious Burning of Personal Property
? :confused:

Maybe it was malicious because I was using all the cuss words I cold muster (and even made a few up) that night. :beyotch:

LadyCoyote

Seems to me that those unparented little bastages put a bunch of other kids, the driver and anyone else on the road in danger.

I say fine them, throw them off the bus system and out of school for the rest of the year, then fine the parents for not planting their foot up the little bastages ass on a more regular basis.

they want to burn their own house down or douse each other in gasoline and light each other up, thats fine. But not at the expense of others.

:yeahthat: Agree TOTALLY!!