those damn off duty cops

CrashTest

Nothing to see here. I think the issue many have is with off duty cops using Govt resources to fund their own private, money making enterprise on the side along with civilians paying for personal protection.

Nothing to see here. I think the issue many have is with off duty cops using Govt resources to fund their own private, money making enterprise on the side along with civilians paying for personal protection.

And so what... the point is they are NEVER off duty. I do not begrudge them a dollar of civilian funds they receive.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Priceless!

Posted by the guy who makes a living by photographing cops, hurt people, their wrecked vehicles, fireman, and ambulances.

And, could you tell us just how you get clued in about all these raids that are going to go down so that you just happen to be there? Interesting, being that they won't even tell Fritz some days.

Go figure.

:killingme

I think it's called a scanner lol... I think that is at the 235/4 wawa.

Vince

They were all inocent. Just a bunch of soccer moms on their way to do some shopping in their mini-van. :shrug:

royhobie

hobieflyer
Wasting our money and resources somehow.
What are they doing getting this gun off our local streets?
How dare they?
First an off duty cop spots a gun, calls it in, then another off duty cop has the nerve to respond, wow.

2/13/2011 Off Duty Cop Spots a Gun - Photography by John Douglass

Sheriff's Office and MSP, along with other agencies have the authority to carry and use their off duty weapons. A police officer is never off duty. Just not being paid after his shift is over. Also, Congress passed a Bill that was signed in to law which allows retired Federal Law Enforcement Officers in good standing to carry weapons as well. Under Maryland law, they have to certify their knowledge in the proper use of their weapons. I didn't see anything the off duty officers did wrong. And it looks like they caught the bad guy. I agree with what everyone was saying in this thread that you are more interested in selling your product than understanding the law.

As for the FORMER cop that was drunk and got in to a fight, he was in the wrong, which everyone agreed. He was fired as soon as he could have been fired after the internal investigation was completed. No need to see pictures of something that is a sad chapter in the Sheriff's Office when they have books and VOLUMES of OUTSTANDING work that these men and women do every single day. In fact, I will go beyond that, I will challange any of you that reads this thread to ride on patrol with a police officer to get a better understanding of what they do. Then come back and give us a new thread of what your experience was. T Bone and Heather did that in another County which they mentioned on their radio. Not sure why they went to another County when they could have done it here. But, their experience was a positive one in P.G. County.

I am proud of our men and women in law enforcement. They do one heck of a job under very difficult circumstances. And by the way, if you ever get a better understanding of what they do, which I doubt, you will understand that they don't get paid nearly enough either. Not even close. But, most of them like what they do.

Sheriff's Office and MSP, along with other agencies have the authority to carry and use their off duty weapons. A police officer is never off duty. Just not being paid after his shift is over. Also, Congress passed a Bill that was signed in to law which allows retired Federal Law Enforcement Officers in good standing to carry weapons as well. Under Maryland law, they have to certify their knowledge in the proper use of their weapons. I didn't see anything the off duty officers did wrong. And it looks like they caught the bad guy. I agree with what everyone was saying in this thread that you are more interested in selling your product than understanding the law.

As for the FORMER cop that was drunk and got in to a fight, he was in the wrong, which everyone agreed. He was fired as soon as he could have been fired after the internal investigation was completed. No need to see pictures of something that is a sad chapter in the Sheriff's Office when they have books and VOLUMES of OUTSTANDING work that these men and women do every single day. In fact, I will go beyond that, I will challange any of you that reads this thread to ride on patrol with a police officer to get a better understanding of what they do. Then come back and give us a new thread of what your experience was. T Bone and Heather did that in another County which they mentioned on their radio. Not sure why they went to another County when they could have done it here. But, their experience was a positive one in P.G. County.

I am proud of our men and women in law enforcement. They do one heck of a job under very difficult circumstances. And by the way, if you ever get a better understanding of what they do, which I doubt, you will understand that they don't get paid nearly enough either. Not even close. But, most of them like what they do.

Yeah, I think he does. You are missing a lot of back stories on this subject. People complaining about them being able to drive their Co. vehicles on their own time use them to even get to other jobs, etc. He didn't make a very good point about one just calling something in and another responding, but I got the idea.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
As for the FORMER cop that was drunk and got in to a fight, he was in the wrong, which everyone agreed. He was fired as soon as he could have been fired after the internal investigation was completed. .

Of course. But A_B's entire motivation for continuing to waste air is to endlessly recycle and thoroughly beat to death the two or three 'bad cop' incidents he has so well memorized over the last couple decades.

Sad?..of course. Pity works.

ginwoman

I'm thinking some of us are missing Danzig's point. I think he was just being sarcastic and proving a point on his OP.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Priceless!

Posted by the guy who makes a living by photographing cops, hurt people, their wrecked vehicles, fireman, and ambulances.

And, could you tell us just how you get clued in about all these raids that are going to go down so that you just happen to be there? Interesting, being that they won't even tell Fritz some days.

Go figure.

Hey AB, you're deflecting again. We're on the subject of off duty cops using they're provided resources.

CrashTest

I think it's more about using Govt issued resources to start a private enterprise and nobody has been able to provide another example in the public sector where it occurs. Such as a Navy pilot using the Navy's F-18 to start his own private homeland security firm. Afterall, when he's not flying it, it just sits in the hanger.

The only argument we see over and over basically says there aren't enough cops to go around and in order for businesses and individuals to feel safe in their community, they need to pay for personal security out of pocket and since those Govt assets would just be just sitting otherwise (kinda like that F-18), might as well use em'.

Damn Ken

Priceless!

Go figure.

"Posted by the guy who makes a living by photographing cops, hurt people, their wrecked vehicles, fireman, and ambulances."

Man, if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is! How much did you make off selling your rag with this same sort of thing? Hypocrisy at its best!!!!!