What the heck is going on? (4:00 pm Route 4)

Pyrotech

Les Paul Addict
Fire trucks, life-flight, ambulances everywhere, then I get home in the Ranch Club, and now, fire trucks and ambulances are coming in here in droves, what the heck is going on? :shrug:

EASTERBUNNY77

Fire trucks, life-flight, ambulances everywhere, then I get home in the Ranch Club, and now, fire trucks and ambulances are coming in here in droves, what the heck is going on? :shrug:

Serious accident, trash truck overturned and driver is trapped, helo flew out earlier

B

Bronwyn

I had just left Dowell and pulled onto RT 4. As I was getting close to 760 and 4 I suddenly see a red trash truck turning to the right at a high rate of speed and a pick up truck that had been turning left from the south bound side. The trash truck rolled and spilt apart.

Pulled over, called 911, and helped until Police and the volunteers started showing up.

Prayers to the guy that was trapped in the trash truck. Believe it or not, the other person in the trash truck was ejected but the only injury he had was his scuffed shirt. I'm sure once the rush runs through his system he'll feel it.

rusty27

Beware of the dog
I've heard all about the trash truck and I heard the "deck fire" call go out but I didn't hear too much about what happened on Rousby Hall just down past Fastop. The only thing I did hear was that it was a high speed motorcycle crash but nothing else. It looked and sounded pretty bad. Didn't know if anyone had any more info and if the driver was ok?

willie

I had just left Dowell and pulled onto RT 4. As I was getting close to 760 and 4 I suddenly see a red trash truck turning to the right at a high rate of speed and a pick up truck that had been turning left from the south bound side. The trash truck rolled and spilt apart.

Pulled over, called 911, and helped until Police and the volunteers started showing up.

Prayers to the guy that was trapped in the trash truck. Believe it or not, the other person in the trash truck was ejected but the only injury he had was his scuffed shirt. I'm sure once the rush runs through his system he'll feel it.
I thought the trash truck driver was airlifted. A comment from a Baynet reader:
CRE-Guy 2/14/2011 at 6:53 PM
OH Gosh !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This accident was serious. The roll-off dumpster came off the truck (?) and landed on a passenger truck. I believe the person did not make it. The helicopter landed in the ranch club. I am at a loss for words. It sucks that a innocent person was affected ..

B

Bronwyn

I thought the trash truck driver was airlifted. A comment from a Baynet reader:
CRE-Guy 2/14/2011 at 6:53 PM
OH Gosh !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This accident was serious. The roll-off dumpster came off the truck (?) and landed on a passenger truck. I believe the person did not make it. The helicopter landed in the ranch club. I am at a loss for words. It sucks that a innocent person was affected ..

He was airlifted. There were two people in the trash truck. One was ejected. I talked to him, and he was up and talking to people, making phone calls. The other person was trapped and then airlifted out.

The trash truck didn't land on the pickup truck... it hit it. And the driver of the pick up truck was not killed.

The helicopter landed right on Rt 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bronwyn

A picture snapped after I returned to my car.

Attachments

• accident.jpg
    accident.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 137
  • helo.jpg
    helo.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I've heard all about the trash truck and I heard the "deck fire" call go out but I didn't hear too much about what happened on Rousby Hall just down past Fastop. The only thing I did hear was that it was a high speed motorcycle crash but nothing else. It looked and sounded pretty bad. Didn't know if anyone had any more info and if the driver was ok?

Motorcyclist vs. car, rider had a compound open fracture above the knee and a partial amputation of the foot.