Friday night - early

BOP

Despite the predictions of 70 degrees, it's currently damp and chilly. I'm on my second cup of joe (okay, it's decaf...happy?). The news, the state of the economy, politicians, people in general have got me, well, down. I know, hard to believe that someone whose screen name is short for Bitter Old Pri*k could be emotionally down, right?

I listen to a huge variety of music. There's almost no genre of music I won't listen to. Almost. So, I'm listening on youtube, where there's almost nothing in the way of music you can't find, and thought I'd do a Friday night listening thread early. 'sides, I got schnit to do today, and a honey-do list a mile long.

Anyway, this seemed to fit my mood and the day:

Despite the predictions of 70 degrees, it's currently damp and chilly. I'm on my second cup of joe (okay, it's decaf...happy?). The news, the state of the economy, politicians, people in general have got me, well, down. I know, hard to believe that someone whose screen name is short for Bitter Old Pri*k could be emotionally down, right?

I listen to a huge variety of music. There's almost no genre of music I won't listen to. Almost. So, I'm listening on youtube, where there's almost nothing in the way of music you can't find, and thought I'd do a Friday night listening thread early. 'sides, I got schnit to do today, and a honey-do list a mile long.

Anyway, this seemed to fit my mood and the day:

Oh... I like that... relaxing...:yay:

BOP

He's an amazing composer. Sad that he's no longer with us. Thankfully, his music is.

musiclady

Oh, this is beautiful! Thanks for posting. I had never heard of him and now I will be hunting down his music and/or sheet transcriptions to play. Sure speaks to me. So sad he's gone.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Currently listening to atmospheric folk metal:

and in the queue is a new thrash band out of Canada:

BOP

This is by a band called the "Refreshments" out of Sweden. There is more than one band by that name, in case you google them.

BOP

Real Blues

Before Elvis came along, there was Willie Mae "Big Mama" Thorton singing one of the best versions of "Hound Dog" that I know of. I probably posted this one time previous, but I'm old and I forget.

Turn it up!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
He's an amazing composer. Sad that he's no longer with us. Thankfully, his music is.

Yeah, wow. You're not kidding. I never heard of him before but I just listened to the song you posted and loved it. "He's" on facebook, just added him and listened to a bunch of other songs he composed, also amazing. Thanks for sharing!

BOP

Yeah, wow. You're not kidding. I never heard of him before but I just listened to the song you posted and loved it. "He's" on facebook, just added him and listened to a bunch of other songs he composed, also amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Here's something you may like: