hey you !!!!

queenpwb

Yes you, Mr. Neighbour! You with your 4 dogs that like to bark at all hours of the night, even barking at me when I leave for work at 4:30am, With the black lab that has gotten out numerous times and into my trash twice in the last month. I will be writing you a letter to inform you of this problem and that I will record all barking ,dog out,etc, and the next time your dog gets into my trash I will be calling animal control and showing them how non observant a owner you are. And incase you can't remember the regulations on owning a dog here's a link : http://www.stmarysmd.com/docs/AnimalControlRegulations.pdf. Thank you and make sure to have a nice day.

Sincerely, the neighbour who hates picking up after your dog

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yes you, Mr. Neighbour! You with your 4 dogs that like to bark at all hours of the night, even barking at me when I leave for work at 4:30am, With the black lab that has gotten out numerous times and into my trash twice in the last month. I will be writing you a letter to inform you of this problem and that I will record all barking ,dog out,etc, and the next time your dog gets into my trash I will be calling animal control and showing them how non observant a owner you are. And incase you can't remember the regulations on owning a dog here's a link : http://www.stmarysmd.com/docs/AnimalControlRegulations.pdf. Thank you and make sure to have a nice day.

How do you know that your neighbor reads the forums? Or will you be printing this out and tacking it to the front door?

awpitt

Main Streeter

Have you tried going over and knocking on your neighbour's door? Maybe introduce yourself explain the problem? Give your neighbour a chance to address it?

Just might be enough to solve the problem.

queenpwb

I'm going to actually write a really nice sweet letter to them and leave it for them either on there gate or mailbox. I hate to start something but I been in my house for 2 years and its a weekly thing for his dog to get out. I have also spoke to another neighbour and they have had a similar experience. Hopefully they will fix the problem so it won't escalate to the point of me calling animal control.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I'm going to actually write a really nice sweet letter to them and leave it for them either on there gate or mailbox. I hate to start something but I been in my house for 2 years and its a weekly thing for his dog to get out. I have also spoke to another neighbour and they have had a similar experience. Hopefully they will fix the problem so it won't escalate to the point of me calling animal control.

Why not just go and talk to the neighbour?

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

Instead of writing a letter, why not address them face to face?

Most people do better when they are approached in person. A letter would definitely put me on the defensive, and make me less likely to comform to whatever the issue is.

awpitt

Main Streeter
BadGirl is right. Regardless of how "sweet" the letter may be, it would be far better to just talk to the person.

queenpwb

I rather do it anonymously so it won't cause tension between us. I know it makes me sound like a quad but better than having a angry neighbour .

Instead of writing a letter, why not address them face to face?

Most people do better when they are approached in person. A letter would definitely put me on the defensive, and make me less likely to comform to whatever the issue is.

BadGirl is right. Regardless of how "sweet" the letter may be, it would be far better to just talk to the person.

Agree. Just make sure the pistol is in it's sheath and visible when you speak with them.

queenpwb

Sorry quad was to be wuss (Damn auto spell). I can understand what yall are saying, I never lived in a neighbourhood before ( grew up on a small farm) so this is my first experience. Heck noone around here has ever introduce themselves to me or my family.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Sorry quad was to be wuss (Damn auto spell). I can understand what yall are saying, I never lived in a neighbourhood before ( grew up on a small farm) so this is my first experience. Heck noone around here has ever introduce themselves to me or my family.

Have you introduced yourself?

FED_UP

I agree w some of the other folks in here, talk to them/he/she personally. Should be no animousity you, are neighbors, or is it that they are a different race and you already perceive talking face to face won't work? Its hard to speak your mind sometimes, just be casual about it and don't come at them barking. You will probably be surprised. If it persist after that, then you call animal control and they will know it is you. So I can see your point too.

When we moved to this county years ago the neighborlady come over and introduced herself to my mom... when she saw us three children she exclaimed, "Oh good! New blood!" ...:twitch:

True story.